SleeperZ

What do you want to see in DayZ 2024?

The most important quality of life change the game needs now is a proper anticheat.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Honestly, being able to make, dug-in, foxholes would be pretty neat... or trenches. Not to beat a dead horse but an update to base building...

Ducks/Geese to hunt and eat.

Be able to power a house with a generator would be great, or just certain houses could be powered by them.

Fireman carry/buddy drag injured/uncon survivors.

Wandering dogs to be befriended I have heard are on PC that'd be pretty cool to see on console.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

- craftable moccasins out of leather, that provide ultra quiet footwear but wear quickly, and do not take up more than 2 slots as they can be rolled up. 

- improvised bow readded

- limit stamina of infected - they're half dead, why should they be just as fast as a normal person, AND have unlimited stamina to sprint

- more consistent suppressor reactions from infected. It's always so hit or miss if they'll hear you. I think if they hear the bullet land, they are more apt to hear. 

-and finally, bring back 2014 neaf. We don't need M4's or great loot spawning there but it would be awesome. Right now it's so hard to find pvp. Part of the reason neaf was changed, was to encourage people to go inland. Well most of the pvp is still on the coast so might as well bring back neaf to its former glory. Just to be clear, I mean the prison building, hangers, and OLD STYLE atc building (seems like there were two atc buildings?) 

Edited by boggle
  • Beans 1

Where to begin but my wishlist i can think of now is

*Herbs and flowers to craft meds

*Beehives,ducks,beavers,gators,snakes,more animals

*The loot econmy being fixed as in actually balanced Without haveing to own a server to find items

*Craftable gunracks/bigger storage. The ability to use dressers and fridges

*Ive been screaming this since launch but generators should be able to power homes

*Add nukeular power plants thst needs to be restored to bring lower back to the map

*Crafting stations for ammo/meds/guns

*Please re-add cigarettes/liquor, fuck whatever country got butthurt . I bet they didnt tell rockstar to take weeds and drinking out of gta.

* Ability to drag people/bodies

*Reworking of the cannabil system. One bite and your sick in 30 seconds. You should be able to eat all the mest without getting sick execpt the brain. Like im real life. 

* Ability to decapitate players and put their head on a stick. You can fo it in rust

* Ability to cool meals!

* Ability to keep ans have chickens. Like let us set up a farm please!

*Ankle holsters for the smaller guns

*Planes and boats!!!!!

Edited by FirstHen97
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/5/2024 at 6:26 AM, boggle said:

- craftable moccasins out of leather, that provide ultra quiet footwear but wear quickly, and do not take up more than 2 slots as they can be rolled up. 

that sounds pretty op and would just become meta. Id be walking around with a couple leather kits and an extra pair at that point

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, FirstHen97 said:

*Herbs and flowers to craft meds

that's a great idea, Im thinking something similar to RDR2

*Beehives,ducks,beavers,gators,snakes,more animals

another good one; fleshing out the wildlife will make the environment feel more alive. To add to that, Id like if hunting was made more complex/difficult since it's currently the easiest way to obtain food, which isnt based in reality 

*The loot econmy being fixed as in actually balanced Without haveing to own a server to find items

not sure what you mean by balanced. If youre implying it's too difficult to find desirable weapons, I have to disagree. If anything, Id like high tier weapons to be much more rare and hard to find

* Ability to keep ans have chickens. Like let us set up a farm please!

this sounds a bit op, but depends on how theyd design it 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/21/2023 at 12:52 PM, NotImportant2112 said:

Logging out on the Livonia bunker should force a position change to outside the Bunker.

although what we currently have sucks, this mechanic would be abused to bypass exit campers in the bunker, making it inauthentic. 

Automatic hiding of backpacks/weapons when in vehicles and a duck mechanic

20 hours ago, Misnomera said:

although what we currently have sucks, this mechanic would be abused to bypass exit campers in the bunker, making it inauthentic

I disagree that it would make it "inauthentic." This is already a thing players can do on official by just hopping servers. I'd rather feel safe after clearing an area and not have to worry about some POS logging in in a room I already cleared when my buddy is guarding the only entrance.

Be able to shoot a gun while inside a vehicle as a passenger or driver. 

Add Boats so we can travel by air, land and sea on vehicles. And be able to shoot out of them ofc. 

Be able to hunt birds

Add bird flocks.  

• Like 2

Return old players spawn system, improve base building, don't add new system of bandage( you can get cuts on different's parts of body, and you can't bandage it in 1 move.)

On 1/11/2024 at 9:51 PM, FirstHen97 said:

*Reworking of the cannabil system. One bite and your sick in 30 seconds. You should be able to eat all the mest without getting sick execpt the brain. Like im real life. 

It takes a while for the sickness to trigger.

If I murdered someone IRL and ate parts of their body but not the brain I am sure I would suffer crippleing problems anyway, definetly mental and likely bodily problems too.

It's not EXACTLY realistic that you always get kuru but it makes sense that it messes you up realistically.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/12/2024 at 2:32 PM, NotImportant2112 said:

I disagree that it would make it "inauthentic." This is already a thing players can do on official by just hopping servers. I'd rather feel safe after clearing an area and not have to worry about some POS logging in in a room I already cleared when my buddy is guarding the only entrance.

maybe they could make you teleport to the top level in one of the random rooms that are below the back entrance to the bunker, or the small rooms that go to nowhere (people usually logout in them). They could also stop the server hopping by stopping loot from being transferred from server to server, like theyve done with FPP to TPP (characters dont transfer anymore). There's not really an elegant fix for this problem tbh. I'd say itd be cool if you straight up died for logging in the bunker, if it werent for lagging out or game crashes.

Itd also be nice if characters made a distinct sound when logging out and in (more than the sitting down animation), maybe a loud yawn when leaving and a big stretch when logging in. This would discourage combat logging near players and logging out in high traffic areas where youre likely to be heard when logging back in

Edited by Misnomera

Please, I just want ragdoll bodies back. They make the game so much more immersive and combat QOL becomes 1000x better. I am pretty sure it would make the majority of the player base happy.

I would like a more survival-oriented DayZ:
* - leather work.
* - handcrafted bow and arrows.
* - more advanced constructions such as layout on the ground, height, resistance.
* - fewer weapons and war equipment.
* - modification on clothes and equipment
* - etc...
and also much, much more realism:
* - also fish from the piers.
* - crops like once upon a time that didn't rot in an hour. (perhaps selectable, in private servers, the duration of the plants and the periodicity of the fruits).
* - tents can also be positioned inside the woods on undulating and steep terrain.
* - fire like it used to be, inside the houses and inside the woods.
* - backpacks and clothes can be stored full in containers and cars (the space occupied can be calculated based on the objects contained to avoid "abuse").
* - the vehicles... FINALLY... functioning normally like any other "normally written" game... Maybe with spaces in the trunk specifically dedicated to backpacks. Also nice to be able to use the rear seats by alternating players/backpacks/crates/barrel/chest... as in reality.
* - Being able to use objects of any kind even inside vehicles, as in reality... weapons (reloading, repairing, shooting, etc...), repair/medical kits (repairing boots, clothes, cure yourself, etc... .), food (opening boxes, eating, drinking, etc...)
I know that I will never see all this, given the trend of DayZ over the years, but some suggestions could be taken... maybe... 😉

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Confused 1

On 1/11/2024 at 5:19 PM, Misnomera said:

that sounds pretty op and would just become meta. Id be walking around with a couple leather kits and an extra pair at that point

I mean going barefoot is an option too I guess. For moccasins we could require a specific animal leather, plus you've got to find fertilizer so that makes it difficult. I'd bet most people wouldn't bother. Plus if they wear super quick, sewing kits aren't super easy to find either. 

I don't mean SILENT footsteps but just significantly quieter. It's real to life to as they'd be super quiet. And I thought we were all about adding whatever necessary to make this like real life? Plenty of other things added to this game to make it "real" that are completely stupid. 

I still say moccasins would be a good feature. 

People's footsteps are already too quiet at the moment.

• Confused 1

Nothing much. Game seems to be in a really good state, has been for awhile. 
I'd like there to be more Tetracycline  on official servers. Maybe in a few more random locations as well. 
I'd also like them to de-jank infected movement/melee but i feel thats a deeper engine issue than a quick fix.
*shrug*

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 4:28 PM, Misnomera said:

not sure what you mean by balanced. If youre implying it's too difficult to find desirable weapons, I have to disagree. If anything, Id like high tier weapons to be much more rare and hard to find 

What i mean is insead of walking around finding a wrench or a hat in a house. Give items better spawn locstions. Which is why i want them t bring back fridges. It made so much sence and they just decided to take them snd the realisem they added out.

Not just better locations to spawn but make tool stores for nails, hammers, axes whatever. I think brtter storage an overhaul of where, how much, and "how" things spawn is what i mean. I have played this game since it was a mod love it dearly but have a long list of what i bemieve will help.

On 1/15/2024 at 12:39 PM, Pyongo Bongo said:

It takes a while for the sickness to trigger.

If I murdered someone IRL and ate parts of their body but not the brain I am sure I would suffer crippleing problems anyway, definetly mental and likely bodily problems too.

It's not EXACTLY realistic that you always get kuru but it makes sense that it messes you up realistically.

There are entite tribes that are cannabilistic. Entire cultures have been known to consure human flesh. Its a survivle game that is supposed to be realistic. Either eating too much or the brain should give it to you not one bite. Also when cut up the body should break up into more parts. Imagine being able to skin other players and use their flash as a mask. Or make a sword/knife out of human bone?

The roleplay they are missing out on is unbelievable. The creative director should looking more into items that help people roleplay and add depth to the game. What hooked me was how complex it was at first when that wore off I was left only wanting them to add more layers. But we just get new guns. 

You can't RP as a cannabile becuase you commit suicide in one bite. You cantuse facepaint or paint yourslef with blood. You can't RP as a cop because of there being no car,belt,baton (without readding it).  A police car with searchlight would be sick. Screen cap this lol.

Edited by FirstHen97
  • Beans 1

25 minutes ago, FirstHen97 said:

There are entite tribes that are cannabilistic. Entire cultures have been known to consure human flesh. Its a survivle game that is supposed to be realistic. Either esting too much or the brain should give it to you not one bite. Also when cut up the body should brea uo into more parts. Imagine being able to skin other players and use their flash as a mask. Or make a sword/knife out kf human bone?

The roleplay they are missing out on is unbelievable. The creative director should looking more into items that help people roleplay and add depth to the game. What hooked me was how complex it was at first when that wore off i was left only wanting them to add more layers. But we just get new guns. 

You can't RP as a cannabile becuase you commit suicide in one bite. You cantuse facepaint or paint yourslef with blood. You can't RP as a cop because of there being no car,belt,baton (without readding it).  A police car with searchlight would be sick. Screen cap this lol.

imo Kuru should have something in game that helps reduce the effects (shrooms would be funny) so you can be a cannibal but hide the laughter / shakes.

FIX leather crafting !!
   - swap to using ANIMAL BRAIN instead of Garden lime, because it is real way to do it and noone bothers to find Garden lime. 
The items are already in game and looking awesome just need someone to ressurect them 🙂

Also Craftable Bow, craftable spear, craftable sling

More small Ambient animals. Foxes, Raccoons, Rabbits, Rats, Cats. Yes, HunterZ is doing awesome job in creating them for community server, but them to Official servers also would make the game way more realistic and survivaly, so can reduce the amount of foodcans, backpacks, clothes. Give pople the ability to create their own leather clothes, bags, hats. Wolfhat, bearcoat, Goathelmet, bull-backpack, bull-testicle-wallet, etc etc... options are endless...

Remove stunlock or/and give it a better countermeasure, like straight kick with leg(Mae Geri 🙂 ) that pushes/kicks attacker back.

Make zombies more deadly, smarter, more aware.

Better automatic anticheat for officials.

• Thanks 1

Add a M24 sniper rifle! We need a true western sniper rifle not hunting rifles! It fits perfectly in the Dayz universe.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

DLSS. DLAA.

Edited by Zerzala