SleeperZ

What do you want to see in DayZ 2024?

For me ragdoll physics and adjustments to the shooting and melee combat.

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

I don't know but, when I read the question, I'd remembered the old TV show called Fringe.

And there were an interesting position of Massive Dynamics (the company): "What we do, what we didn't do?". And it's about the same. Not really cares what do anyone wishes to see, high expectations are always exploded to nothing except the small pieces of glass that left on the floor and used to be called as your expectations. And as usual there's the small chance that yours expectation will appears in the game.

• Like 2

I want to see:
- improvements to gun handling, something similar to pre-0.63 days, guns not locked to the center of the screen, quickscoping nerf, running affecting sway, hold breath less instant if you've been running...
- some basebuilding features/improvements (different wall/gate sizes)
- improved zombie AI
- another pass on the movement inertia, weight affecting more things - leg damage when falling, wall vaulting animation, weight affecting stamina regen...
- Bottle suppressor nerf - it deserves a MASSIVE nerf, it's absurd how strong it is. Should be useless on high power rifles - anything bigger than 5.45
- spray paint

And finally, fix for AMD cards to work properly on DayZ... Friend bought a RX7600 and he has worse FPS than my GPU from 2017...
But I'll welcome any other improvements to the game.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

When you throw a badly damaged, loaded gun full force against a wall/floor it should have a chance to shoot depending on how hard you threw it xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I very very very want to see update of base building.  Add doors and windows barricade. Also, will be nice to make gate open to left and right side. PLEEEEEASEEEEEEE!!!!!
Maybe update code locks for you can put code on keyboard or add electron code locks with 9V battery, after battery low power this door is open. (it's less important than doors and windows barricade, but it will be nice)

Edited by In_search_of_Trip
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

They infected should be un-nerfed and be able to kill the player again.

Dumbing down the infected was one of the worst decisions the devs have ever made and it needs to be reversed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

They infected should be un-nerfed and be able to kill the player again.

Dumbing down the infected was one of the worst decisions the devs have ever made and it needs to be reversed.

I agree, but I also think they shouldn't always 100% aggro on the uncon player to kill him. I feel like there should be some (i just woke up and i'm missing a word here) that would determine wether or not they keep beating you to death.

So let's say they uncon you, but another player is nearby or shooting or whatever. They should lose the aggro on you.
And I also feel like they should have a random max number of attacks they do on you, ranging anywhere from several attacks to beating you till you die. Maybe they could still keep hitting you after you die - makes them seem more deranged and could ruin more of your gear.

So there COULD be a chance there is only one zombie on you and you get lucky. It only hits you a few times after you go uncon and you live.

Edited by DefectiveWater

I'd like to see an improved and more realistic and immersive medical system with gunshot and stab wounds, some more meds as well

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 9:26 AM, DefectiveWater said:

I agree, but I also think they shouldn't always 100% aggro on the uncon player to kill him. I feel like there should be some (i just woke up and i'm missing a word here) that would determine wether or not they keep beating you to death.

So let's say they uncon you, but another player is nearby or shooting or whatever. They should lose the aggro on you.
And I also feel like they should have a random max number of attacks they do on you, ranging anywhere from several attacks to beating you till you die. Maybe they could still keep hitting you after you die - makes them seem more deranged and could ruin more of your gear.

So there COULD be a chance there is only one zombie on you and you get lucky. It only hits you a few times after you go uncon and you live.

Agro issues have been around since DayZ was in its infancy. It's always been a problem. For instance, I've lost count of how many times I've been fired at and the infected start chasing me instead of the guy that fired his pop gun. But I'll put this down to the infected just being, well, infected people and not exactly thinking straight.

In any case, I don't think some dodgy aspects to infected agro should eliminate the fact that they should be able to kill the player. Having a RNG chance that they'll just beat the crap out of you and lose interest for another target is an ok idea. But that will never be implemented.

But they really need to be a threat again. Otherwise they're pointless.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 12:36 PM, Linker_Split said:

I'd like to see an improved and more realistic and immersive medical system with gunshot and stab wounds, some more meds as well

Try the DayZ intenz server.

Main things I’d like to see in 2024:

• Announcement of DayZ 2 on new ENFUSION Engine
  • My Infected Wishlist
  • The return of crafting leather clothing & gear, like leather water-skin for instance
  • Improved Base-building 
  • Ability to mark Tourist Maps with POIs

-Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 12/1/2023 at 9:30 PM, Pyongo Bongo said:

When you throw a badly damaged, loaded gun full force against a wall/floor it should have a chance to shoot depending on how hard you threw it xD

Can't lie that would be pretty brilliant.

• Like 1

24/7 night time servers for official. Nvg gameplay is really fun in this game and it would be nice to use it more extensively. 

Logging out on the Livonia bunker should force a position change to outside the Bunker. Kinda like dynamic gas zones. It sucks when you clear level 2 or 3 just for someone to log in and dome you because you thought your safe and your gaurd was down while you were messing with your inventory. Only exception should be server restarts. 

Suppressors should last a lot longer before breaking. 

20 hours ago, NotImportant2112 said:

24/7 night time servers for official. Nvg gameplay is really fun in this game and it would be nice to use it more extensively. 

Logging out on the Livonia bunker should force a position change to outside the Bunker. Kinda like dynamic gas zones. It sucks when you clear level 2 or 3 just for someone to log in and dome you because you thought your safe and your gaurd was down while you were messing with your inventory. Only exception should be server restarts. 

Suppressors should last a lot longer before breaking. 

Yea, the way the bunker is played on console is poor. I've been in twice and both times it was a lot of effort to get in trying to find a keycard. Both ended in the same way, being shot in the back by someone spawning in a small room which I'd previously been in. That's not fun.

Edited by RZ0R
  • Like 1

I want to see in 2024 all vehicles from 0.59 patch (all V3Ss, Kamaz (aka Zamak - it's Truck_02), Vans and lovely old Icarus Bus (current model has no city version and only the transit version); all missed wepons: PKM, M249, Red9 (Mauser C96), PM RAK; Grenade launchers: LAW, RPG-7, M203 (for M4-A1 & M16-A2), GP-25 (that could be attached to AKM, AK-74, AK-101), Muzzle grenades for SKS coz in game we can find the Ugo SKS; ability to attach bayonets to SVD, M14 (DMR), FAL (all 3 rifles can carry the bayonets, but devs don't give a heck about it that's why I still don't understand do they don't read the books or youtube is blocked for EU?

But i bet that we don't see all of it in 2024. So happy anniversary and wasted money!

In my letter to Santa this year I’ve asked for:

1. Wooden fences being upgraded with metal sheets (and tinsel). Instead of having four gates with four combos you could have two reinforced gates with two combos with the same amount of protection and less fiddling with dials.

2. Id like the ability to craft a storage shelf from nails and planks that only allows for special keepsakes (severed heads of my prey) that will let those who raid me see their future or their ghost of Christmas past.

3. Peace on earth.

Craig

• Like 1

Ray-tracing / path-tracing

The lighting indoors looks so wrong in DayZ. I'd love for DayZ 2 to have hardware based ray-tracing global illumination and what not that would be using hardware based ray-tracing for most performance and beautiful looking game (reflections, shadows, lighting, ..).

NVIDIA's hardware ray-tracing performance is much higher than AMD's, but unfortunately most games take AMD's hardware ray-tracing performance as the lowest common denominator (and don't even offer a setting in the game's settings menu), so it works for most people and especially consoles, as many games are developed for consoles first and they (PS5, etc.) use AMD RDNA2 hardware [which is slow at ray-tracing]. UE5 based games also unfortunately do this. This video by Digital Foundry ("Unreal Engine 5 First Generation Games: Brilliant Visuals & Growing Pains") shows that and that hardware Lumen can be activated using tools (or manually) and that the games look much better then.

Cyberpunk 2077's "Overdrive" mode shows how beautiful full hardware based ray-tracing global illumination can look like. A similar mode for DayZ 2 would be awesome. Obviously not enabled by default because not everyone has a RTX 4090, but such a mode being in the game's settings would be very awesome, even if it would basically require at least a NVIDIA RTX 4080/4090 card. And if you, BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE, need help from NVIDIA to implement this "Overdrive" mode, please ask them. I don't want anything below the "Overdrive" mode, like the "Psycho" ray-tracing mode, as it looks much worse and the technique/algorithm it uses is outdated/inefficient, compared to "Overdrive"'s one.

Hopefully by 2025, a RTX 5080 has the same ray-tracing performance as a RTX 4090 and another generation later, a RTX 6070 has the same ray-tracing performance as a RTX 5080. You get the point, GPUs only get faster [at the same power consumption, thanks TSMC] and AMD's RDNA4 also is rumored to have proper ray-tracing cores, just like NV, and thus better ray-tracing performance at not of the cost of higher power consumption (finally). (I heard that special ray-tracing cores are 5-10 times more efficient than what AMD is doing right now with RDNA3 and their hybrid architecture.)

Upscaling

Let's also not forget stuff like NV's DLSS. Hardware Unboxed has shown in several videos that NV's upscaling is just better than AMD's. Thank you Hardware Unboxed for being honest.

Now a bit of (based?) rambling: Sorry, AMD, but u need more specialized hardware based cores in ur GPU, just like NV, or have a GPU that is much less power efficient which makes ur GPU also not to be able to compete. It's as simple as that. Especially now that DLSS/upscaling have taken off and are here to stay. And ray-tracing is also here to stay. Time to invest in specialized GPU cores for these tasks, AMD ; ) In the end, for us consumers, it doesn't matter that ur solutions, AMD, are open source, if they perform much worse? Maybe it does, as FreeSync is established over the more expensive G-sync based modules and doesn't perform worse (ur FSR, however, is worse than DLSS). These G-sync modules may be snake oil/fake and not required, but of course they exist bc NV wants to make money and have the market, but who doesn't, right (except monitors with these g-sync snake-oil modules cost like +100-200 buck more.....).

- OLED TV PC gamer

Edited by hardwareBasedRaytracing

I am really torn for what I would like to see in DayZ next year. On one hand, seeing the return of legacy/no-longer-spawning content and game mechanics would make me happy, and I am sure that the devs will continue to bring things back as they have previously. Things like the Improvised Short Bow, all the various melee weapons, spray paint and vehicles like the V3S and the Bus coming back would be cool.

On the other hand, I would like to see improvements to base building. Not just more things to play with, but changes to how the base building meta works currently I would appreciate. Those looking to turn abandoned buildings into their bases should be able to do so without using a big ass gate that swings through the building mesh and requires a whole demolition squad to break into. I honestly do not believe that base building belongs in DayZ period; however, since we have it, I think the devs can observe the current meta and make it fit into the game world better with some additions.

Curious to see what the future holds. For what has been accomplished now, though, the devs deserve a pat on the back. Simply incredible seeing how far this game has come since 2014.

• Like 1