Sign in to follow this  
waffen

yet again, for the sake of base building

dear developers, please add in vanilla

th?id=OIP.s5Xu1WBAPE1GPk9sHAeK-AHaHa&pid

Solo Locker (Loadout, 2 Weapons, 100 Slots, lockable)

1:1 clothing slots with player vehicle

could be:

craftable with metal sheet

found packed in a box

Please, this is very important for bases and RP

also a code lock:

th?id=OIP.SuzIOZ4KONahFNlQK4u0MAHaEK&pid

the current 3 or 4 digit combination lock, takes too long and cost lives

kind regards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

we need the locker in vanilla, no love for this?

• Like 1

Sea chest and barrels are pretty handy. Tents as well, so a locker is not a necessity. Buried loot is the best way of hiding gear.

I’ve previously suggested a 5 digit combo spawning in when completing a flag pole that is tied to the 60m radius, dropping out your hands when exiting. Higher base raid resistance with more visibility from the flagpole. Would also help with identifying perimeter for trap persistence by the flag. I’ve always wondered if the radius is a sphere or a column? Anyone sussed that out yet?

Code lock makes no sense, it requires power to run if you really want one play a moded server. And the risk you take when unlocking your base is part of the game, just like the risk you take starting fire, eating food, repairing items or performing any other action that renders you defenceless. 

again with the "go play modded" SIGH

yeah the problem with modded servers, just to list a few:

-countless variations of m4 and ak family

-traders

-2hr resets just to maintain some stability

-unstabble cars

-dinosaurs

-silly reskinned clothing

-10x loot to pvp on the coast

the locker is a necessity because YOU CAN'T STORE clothing with items inside, they are a quick way to change gear, also especially good for a group base.

we're talking about quality of life here, I'm not asking to remove Survivability or Sickness or not taking risks, just to add an Item that SHOULD BE in vanilla version, the big problem of lazy developers (maybe they don't have a clue), they use "realistic" procedures in useless things like, for example: to use a car, open the door, get in.

To open a gate, you must go for the 4 digit code, digit by digit, open the gate, pick up the combination lock, then close the gate and attach again, but, can't craft belts or holsters with leather (yet and we'll see if they function the same as civilian or tactical belts) , another example, the rope belt can just hold a knife, hell I could put anything in a rope belt in real life, just like having items in the pockets of hanged clothes

ahh realistic codelocks... should work with batteries, no power, no protection, gives a reason to loot for 9v batteries, or chargers, have a generator in base, etc.

Edited by waffen
  • Like 1

Vanilla official servers would likely have many performance issues with these spawning. And how would you justify not making this a common item then?

It’s a great convenience to have, but can the servers handle them.  To me, it just seems out of place to have them on vanilla. 

Codelocks could work with 9 volt batteries, considering how powerful they are in dayz.

• Confused 1

On 7/13/2023 at 7:57 PM, General Zod said:

Code lock makes no sense, it requires power to run if you really want one play a moded server. And the risk you take when unlocking your base is part of the game, just like the risk you take starting fire, eating food, repairing items or performing any other action that renders you defenceless. 

Yeah but in real life you could just change one number/dial of the combination and don't have to remove the lock from the gate post, basically unlocking it quicker than in game... where every other action is sped up for convenience and enjoyment. In this game you can saw a log into planks with a hacksaw in 10 seconds (!) - makes no sense to have a mechanic that actually takes longer to operate than it would in real life.

If button code locks ruin the immersion for people then just have the combination locks, have them stay on the gate and have any user who has entered the code once be able to pass through as if it's an unlocked gate. Simple and effective ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemmac said:

Yeah but in real life you could just change one number/dial of the combination and don't have to remove the lock from the gate post, basically unlocking it quicker than in game... where every other action is sped up for convenience and enjoyment. In this game you can saw a log into planks with a hacksaw in 10 seconds (!) - makes no sense to have a mechanic that actually takes longer to operate than it would in real life.

If button code locks ruin the immersion for people then just have the combination locks, have them stay on the gate and have any user who has entered the code once be able to pass through as if it's an unlocked gate. Simple and effective 😉

Then the mechanics of how we can lock and unlock the existing one should be changed, but do you really want to change just one number when you put it back on ? Because someone can stake out your base and guess your code that way. 

Or maybe just accept that this small inconvenience is a price of having your own base which provides storage and safe spot for you in the game.  

On 7/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, General Zod said:

Code lock makes no sense, it requires power to run

sounds like a perfect opportunity to make the power generator actually serve a purpose; the powered code lock system would require a genny that depletes it's fuel over the course of a few days. This makes generators more useful and forces the player to visit gas stations more often. I'd like to add that jerrycans should be edited so they have a chance of spawning with anywhere from %10-100 full so they arent all topped off to begin with.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, General Zod said:

provides storage and safe spot for you in the game.

nothing safe about bases. Base building is more of a thing for players looking for purpose once they have gear and are bored of searching for pvp. If you store something in your base, you better be willing to have it stolen. Otherwise, youre better off finding a thick bush in a deserted part of the map. Im pro anything that buffs or adds content to base building, seeing as it's a rather half-assed addition to the game as is.

I've recommended lockers and gun racks before. I think it'd make more sense to use them as storage than having 20+ crates stacked in the corner and a bunch of barrels. Lockers could spawn in schools (which dont spawn much at all right now) and open bay barracks, weighing 100 so you need a vehicle to transport, and storing 100 slots. Gun racks could be found at shooting ranges and two story barracks, also weighing 100, and storing three rifles. 

I dont really see a downside to adding different types of storage, especially since they already exist on modded servers.

/sidenote

On 7/13/2023 at 7:28 PM, waffen said:

the big problem of lazy developers (maybe they don't have a clue)

I dont think this is a fair characterization of the developer team, as DayZ is a game with immense possibilities to put time and effort into and we dont know what theyre currently working on. I dont doubt that many suggestions have already been thought of on their part and simply arent prioritized.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2023 at 1:01 AM, Misnomera said:

I dont think this is a fair characterization of the developer team, as DayZ is a game with immense possibilities to put time and effort into and we dont know what theyre currently working on. I dont doubt that many suggestions have already been thought of on their part and simply arent prioritized.

Yeah maybe I was to harsh out of frustration, like I said we're talking about quality of life and congruency, Tasks that happen almost instantly vs tasks that take to many steps.

These developers made some of my favorite games, I was a OFP and arma series fan way before dayz mod, bought Dayz in Early Access and get this, I have several alts, so it's not a "i don't want to lose my gear" attitude, I just want Items that SHOULD be in vanilla and don't require multiple mods: codelocks, lockers etc.

• Like 1