Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.21 (Change Log)

You shoot at the wall from 10 meters with an acog zeroed to 100 meters and you wonder why it's 'extremely inaccurate'?

• Beans 2

So yeah so far all seems ok only bug ive encountered is whooshing sound from the xbow. Thought someone was chasing me swinging a sword trying to take my new toy away from me. Luckily it was just a bug. I play so much crouching down and running to avoiding aggrevating the infected. So this whooshing really bothersome. Stealthiest weapon in game seems like the loudest weapon in the game now when you are trying to be sneaky lol.

Oh and I have found a few Olga wrecks that the closed doors on it wouldn't open. 

I know its not anything to do with this patch but I have been noticing having my hydration/food and health/blood full no longer provides immunity to foodborne illnesses. This whole last update i have struggled with this as prior to 1.20 I would fill my meters and carefully loot until they were full then I would go savage and kill and eat dead wildlife where i dropped them(Guts and all raw). Now even with full stats and Multivitamins I notice you get sick immediately and one of the illnesses i think the cholera doesnt ever go away no unless you have tetra pills. I don't know if this is ass was intended so I thought I would shed some light on this. Harder playing hermit and avoid people having to cook everything constantly. Luckily mushrooms are very plentiful and easy enough to find if you just go in the woods and take a moment they start spawning in and once they start you are set. 

P.S. I killed 2 players near the fountain in Sobotka on Livonia. Generally don't go after players but first time on experimental and I didn't want to become a victim. Also someone just now running bunkers south from tracks. Fool ran up into the woods at me and ate both barrels of my s/o bk-43. I fired a warning shot and he kept coming. I'm actually having quite a lot fun on experimental. I'm sure my end is near.

Edited by Matthew Bower

A big thanks to the devs and the whole DayZ team for the continued development!

Bugs that I have found so far:

-The Crossbow is not repairable with the weapon cleaning kit. Is this intentional?

-Also I cooked some chicken and it does not cool down in my inventory (green drybag).

2 minutes ago, thafluu said:

-The Crossbow is not repairable with the weapon cleaning kit. Is this intentional?

-Also I cooked some chicken and it does not cool down in my inventory (green drybag).

For the crossbow idk why but i feel like the screwdriver would be more appropriate for crossbow repair.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Fr these wool gloves are so warm. Pretty sure someone is in the woods with me(Just found huge stash of weapons and such near the southern most bunker in the line stretching from Gliniska and Brena heading south. Actually built a tent and logged into nighttime and stumbled onto all these crates and barrels next to my tent in bushes.). My hands are nice and toasty from these pristine white fingerless gloves. Fr feel like I would normally be shivering by this point. 

7 hours ago, thafluu said:

it is, its the epoxy putty you need.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lasyen said:

it is, its the epoxy putty you need.

really? epoxy? really think screwdriver would make more sense. Idk either or gun cleaning kit just don't fit. 

It's because you used bolts without fletching, they are very inaccurate ! Try adding some feathers for better results. 

The atog 4x32 sight on the crossbow is extremely inaccurate. When shooting from 10 meters into the wall, using this sight, the bolt goes up a ~meter

LMZCrJM__sc.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

Really like this update so far.The crossbow is a nice addition. HOWEVER.

If you want players to use it, either allow bolts to be picked up from zombies/humans or if that isn't possible make it so you can craft bolts in stacks , with one action, instead of having to painstakingly make bolts one by one.It is really tedious and annoying. 

YOU RUN TO A BUSH.YOU GET STICK.MAKE STICK INTO SMALL STICK. SHARPEN INTO BOLT. ADD FEATHERS. And that's for a single one that you're gonna use once on a zombie and it's gone forever? Please change this into:

Run to bush : long stick ; small sticks; sharpen into bolts (5 at once) add feathers (5 at once).

Edited by Chaot1c
Extra info.

Looks like a great update. Please do not push an unstable update to stable servers.  Pushing updates that aren’t ready is extremely frustrating and destructive to consumers who have invested time and money into community building. Thanks for your efforts. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chaot1c said:

Really like this update so far.The crossbow is a nice addition. HOWEVER.

If you want players to use it, either allow bolts to be picked up from zombies/humans or if that isn't possible make it so you can craft bolts in stacks , with one action, instead of having to painstakingly make bolts one by one.It is really tedious and annoying. 

YOU RUN TO A BUSH.YOU GET STICK.MAKE STICK INTO SMALL STICK. SHARPEN INTO BOLT. ADD FEATHERS. And that's for a single one that you're gonna use once on a zombie and it's gone forever? Please change this into:

Run to bush : long stick ; small sticks; sharpen into bolts (5 at once) add feathers (5 at once).

I think the bolt from zed isn't working as intended tbh. If you leave the area so the body is gone, come back and you will find the bolt. 

If you fire at a tree. You don't see it in vicinity, and the area you can look to get a pick up prompt is tiny. Like really hard to get it in my experience on 1pp at least (I am console but this subforum gets the activity). 

So I'm guessing it's that you can't see the prompt to take it from a zed as you're just seeing "infected". It needs to be a vicinity item I guess. 

But yeah the crafting of each bolt is horrible. Should be in stacks as you say. 

While they're at it make me using a shovel get more than 1 damn worm and let worms stack in like tens or whatever. 

• Confused 1

Those who think crafting of bolts is tedious and should be in stacks. I agree, it takes a long time but what you want for infinite ammo that once finished exp phase they should be recoverable almost every time, not like now that it's not working as intended as they have said.

In my opinion, the crafting time is as it should be. With 3 or 4 improvised bolts (even with 1 if you think it) you are set for killing a whole town of infected if you recover one by one. Said this, using the crossbow is not silent at all for infected, they agro at the minimum and first shot. I think that is what needs to be changed.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Great if we can wring combat gloves as well like wool gloves on 1.21 😉

• Like 1

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2967556356

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2967556296

Not sure how to do screenshots on here. I uploaded them and copied the links. 

This shows where I set a spotlight up and it looked ok'ish. but when I climbed down the river bank it was shining through the embankment. Also still lights flood the screen when you turn your back to them. I am seeing lots of lights being laid around by players and infected headlamps add a nice ambience to the maps but i feel like its causing slight lag all the lights. My fps hasn't dropped below like 51but usually its around 110. Most lights look nice from a distance but up close with your back turned they are buggy still.

When we finally will see in the game trucked vehicles? BMPs, tanks and old lovely tractor?

10 years had been passed and still no?

• Confused 1

I think the bolt from zed isn't working as intended tbh. If you leave the area so the body is gone, come back and you will find the bolt. 

In fact, when cutting animals (and probably humans), you can get the used bolt back. Tested by butchering two goats. Unfortunately, there is no way to butcher zombies in any way.

I don't understand why the developers are wasting their time adding yet another way for players to kill each other, when there are so many important game mechanics and features that could make the game more immersive. Grenade launchers and crossbows might seem exciting, but are they really more important than improving base building? It's frustrating to see the team prioritize these additions over more crucial aspects of the game

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lllDez said:

I don't understand why the developers are wasting their time adding yet another way for players to kill each other, when there are so many important game mechanics and features that could make the game more immersive. Grenade launchers and crossbows might seem exciting, but are they really more important than improving base building? It's frustrating to see the team prioritize these additions over more crucial aspects of the game

Coz game went to background. And if be honest don't expect something useful in future releases. Check out since when game files has PKM (1.01 or might be earlier?) , what about M249 is it working (nope), GP-25/M203 Glaunchers (since 1.10 is it op?). So just don't waste your time. Get to the Arma Reinf and etc you know how it works 😄

Edited by Sid Debian

Beautiful all this medieval equipment ... very relevant to the period and the history of DayZ. 🤨

When will there be a "flying pink unicorn" too? 🤔

😕

PC Experimental 1.21 Update 2 - Version 1.21.156117 (Released on 02.05.2023)

GAME

ADDED

• Sound indicator when dying of thirst

FIXED

CHANGED

• Pants did not take damage by falling from more than 5 meters
  • Updated the falling animation for medium heights
  • The red UI flash effect does not show up any more when falling from minor heights
  • Reduced the chances of pristine weapons getting jammed when chambering a bullet
  • It was possible to see under the map while driving with vehicles in 3rd person
  • Reduced the view obstruction of the great helm
  • Adjusted the view obstruction of the norse helm
  • Crossbow recoil has been adjusted
  • Bolts will now penetrate through some objects (mainly some wooden doors - depends on thickness)
  • Bolts are more likely to deflect off of hard surfaces
  • Increased the time bolts are simulated in the air
  • Hunting Bolts deal slightly more shock
  • Adjusted the sizes of several dialogue boxes to better fit their texts
  • Items will now be placed to the side of vehicles when dropped

CHERNARUS

• Reduced spawning of medieval gear on Skalisty Island

SERVER

• Fixed: Objects could not be spawned by the Object spawner if the Central economy was disabled

MODDING

• Added: Workbench: Defines: There is now a duplication check which will prevent the same define being present multiple times

• Added: Workbench: Defines: "Combo" defines are now visible in defines window

KNOWN ISSUES

• Arrows are incorrectly attached to characters or objects after getting hit
  • Loaded arrow is missing from the Crossbow after reconnecting / re-entering the network bubble
  • The ability to pick up bolts after impacting is currently inconsistent
  • Like 2

ubuntu server

ANIMATION (E): Can't load Bliss/Anims/cfg/skeletons.anim.xml
ANIMATION (E): Failed to open file, line 0, column 0
RESOURCES (E): Failed to open object @"dz/anims/anm/player/reloads/Crossbow/crossbow_states.anm"
RESOURCES (E): Failed to open object @"dz/anims/anm/player/reloads/AKS74U/w_AKS74U_states.anm"
RESOURCES (E): Failed to open object @"dz/anims/anm/player/reloads/mp113/w_mp113_states.anm"

the mission files are gone after update in windows o_O

• Like 1