You know you can turn the UI off, right? Actually, everything you've discussed here had been in dayz long before console came along. 

• Like 1

Yeah but when they made it on console they removed anything hard thats what im talking about. And when you can just turn it off i could also play with my feet to get the legacy gunplay but why would i hadicap myself when no one else is doing it.

12 hours ago, blueshorts44 said:

they removed anything hard

So, what did they remove? 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueshorts44 said:

Read the post. For example gun play👍

No. They didn’t remove anything. They started over and readded a bunch of stuff but they never removed anything.  

‘Gun play’?  Wtf is that.  Why can’t you be specific?  No one is ever going to take this incredibly broad answer seriously. How could you?

2 hours ago, blueshorts44 said:

Read the post. For example gun play👍

So that's everything, is it? I'm sure last time I played there were guns. So, did dayz have all the survival elements it has now? And I'm not talking about mods. Actual base game. Weather, disease etc. You haven't been specific about anything. You just ranted about EvErYtHiNg being taken away. Your post is meaningless. 

Weird that there are plenty of servers that cover pretty much all that the OP claims he's missing from official... and blaming consoles yet console players can only dream of the wealth of options available on pc.

4 hours ago, lemmac said:

Weird that there are plenty of servers that cover pretty much all that the OP claims he's missing from official... and blaming consoles yet console players can only dream of the wealth of options available on pc.

Ahh yes just play a modded version of the game and be completely blind to the flaws of the actual game, you'd be really good at bohemia just let the community fix the game for them

4 hours ago, blueshorts44 said:

Ahh yes just play a modded version of the game and be completely blind to the flaws of the actual game, you'd be really good at bohemia just let the community fix the game for them

haha, if you read my post history you wouldn't be saying that. I've voiced my fair share of grievances. Mostly from when i was playing on console though, and mostly regarding stupid bugs. Since i started playing on PC i feel spoilt. Yes there are changes to the core game that can be made, to satisfy the niche gamers, and modders are making many of them. However consoles aren't 'holding the game back', it's the general appeal of the vanilla game to the majority of players that is doing that.

7 hours ago, blueshorts44 said:

Do you work for bohemia? Because you are retarded.

Wow, that's your discussion? Someone asks you a question and you call them retarded? Why don't you just answer the question. That's the basis for discussion. My last point still stands. 

why i have a sound of barking dogs in my ears while reading this thread?

yes, the game feels less immersive than during alpha. for various reasons.

the "gun play" or weapon mechanics felt very very different than today. there was no magic "r" key to reload your weapons/magazines. the guns were way more harder to handle with some nasty sway and recoil. the snap sounds of bullets felt more threatening just by its sound volume. the whole audio design felt more immersive - sounds of surrounding nature were more present (they gave the bird sounds some more effects at least with v1.20), louder bullet snaps, the clunking of your weapon on your shoulder/in your hands.

but tbf the gunplay also felt very clunky back then, but i guess the whole game was^^.

the unconscious times were much longer, but with a slower loss of blood, which i think was great and i hope they bring it back how it was at some point.

as far as i remember the container sizes in your inventory were also much smaller. some tshirts had no slots at all, u couldnt carry a truck battery in your tracksuit pants or four rifles in your backpack.

the skybox and nighttime 5 years ago looked way better and more real than today.

yea, i think its fair to say that parts of the game were dumbed down a bit and it sadly feels more arcade now in a way.

3 hours ago, etwas said:

why i have a sound of barking dogs in my ears while reading this thread?

yes, the game feels less immersive than during alpha. for various reasons.

the "gun play" or weapon mechanics felt very very different than today. there was no magic "r" key to reload your weapons/magazines. the guns were way more harder to handle with some nasty sway and recoil. the snap sounds of bullets felt more threatening just by its sound volume. the whole audio design felt more immersive - sounds of surrounding nature were more present (they gave the bird sounds some more effects at least with v1.20), louder bullet snaps, the clunking of your weapon on your shoulder/in your hands.

but tbf the gunplay also felt very clunky back then, but i guess the whole game was^^.

the unconscious times were much longer, but with a slower loss of blood, which i think was great and i hope they bring it back how it was at some point.

as far as i remember the container sizes in your inventory were also much smaller. some tshirts had no slots at all, u couldnt carry a truck battery in your tracksuit pants or four rifles in your backpack.

the skybox and nighttime 5 years ago looked way better and more real than today.

yea, i think its fair to say that parts of the game were dumbed down a bit and it sadly feels more arcade now in a way.

Holy shit someone who isnt delusional. I completely agree.; I feel like the gun play was supposed to be clunky in order to make fights more enjoyable, fights now end within the first shot since everything is pin point accurate, but back then there were more factors taht played into you missing

6 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Wow, that's your discussion? Someone asks you a question and you call them retarded? Why don't you just answer the question. That's the basis for discussion. My last point still stands. 

Well you keep playing dumb so im done talking to you. 

But you still haven't qualified your statement with any actual facts or information. Just insults, because you don't have any actual facts to back up your statement. You were just ranting on a forum because a game wasn't tailored to your own personal needs. You got called out on it and start hurling abuse. I bet you're a hoot on Facebook. 

He’s not playing dumb. Your posts aren’t fleshed out. Your ideas are bad and you seem to have issues with following the conversation.  Try using examples that make sense. Your writing skills are bad and you resort to name calling instead of debating. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

22 hours ago, Parazight said:

No. They didn’t remove anything. They started over and readded a bunch of stuff but they never removed anything.  

‘Gun play’?  Wtf is that.  Why can’t you be specific?  No one is ever going to take this incredibly broad answer seriously. How could you?

I dont understand how you have been on this forum for 9 years and claim that bohemia didnt remove anything. Was your monitor on during 2014 . Ever heard of porting to a new engine/language.

Yes, this game is messed up. We went MONTHS WITHOUT infected. We went MONTHS with infected that would NEVER lose aggro and would follow you across the ENTIRE map. We went MONTHS with infected that could jump fences, yet we could not. Drop a weapon on the ground and *poof* its gone. Camera glitches that are still present. Cheating software that can't be detected. A vehicle sim that was supposed to be for DAYZ but went to Arma Reforger instead. Gun sway used to be absurd. We had broken bones for a bit and then that is gone.

Rust has a more fleshed out DAYZ mod than this game.

Name calling is for the weak.

• Beans 1