In_search_of_Trip

Fix base building please!!!

Base building in DayZ is one of the the most important parts of game.
he construction and arrangement of the base can take about 30% of the game time.
And this big and important part of the game works horribly, and it has not changed for many years!
In most buildings, it is impossible to build anything, and this limits players.
And also a lot of cool places where you can hide your base from enemies and diversify the game.
Even a homemade tent cannot be well hidden in the forest so that it cannot be seen due to the slopes of the relief.

Also the map has many small buildings like "GardenShed" , "Transformer Building" "land_misc_feedshack"
which would be great for solo players.
In my opinion, construction is the most urgent problem of the game at the moment.
Please make doors and barricade windows.

In one of the interviews, you touched on the issue of Code Lock, I think the best solution would be for them to work on batteries
and after the battery is discharged, the doors are no longer locked, because if after the battery is discharged inside
no one will be the base will be blocked forever.

If you agree, please support this post by leaving a comment!!!
Please #fixBaseBuilding !!!

Edited by In_search_of_Trip
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I wouldn't agree at all that base building is an important part of the game. If anything, it's a distraction from the game and should never have been implemented. It's completely pointless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I wouldn't agree at all that base building is an important part of the game. If anything, it's a distraction from the game and should never have been implemented. It's completely pointless. 

Do you think a raiding base's not interesting and no need in this game?

• Like 1

Basebuilding is dumb. Suddenly houses are vacant everywhere and the logical thing is to build a BRAND NEW STRUCTURE. Dumb.  Can’t fortify existing houses. Dumb. Can’t build in towns unless you look up an online map to find where the toxic bombs drop. Not authentic. Everything about base building is half assed.  Yea lets scrap it all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, In_search_of_Trip said:

Do you think a raiding base's not interesting and no need in this game?

No, I don't find raiding bases interesting. 

Example... I'm jogging through the woods and come across a base. I have two options. 

Option 1 - spend the next six hours looking for stuff to break into it. Then spend another hour using aforementioned items to break into it. Then either find nothing in the base worth having, or find stuff that I haven't got space to carry anyway. 

Option 2 - continue on my way and find stuff by looting and searching the map. 

To me, the journey is more important than the end goal. I don't wish to take away from players that enjoy this sort of nonsense. But there are other games that do it better. Too much dev time is spent implementing and fixing base mechanics in dayz when it could be better spent elsewhere. Dayz never had base building originally and was still engaging. It was never needed. At most, I would be more interested in seeing the introduction of window boarding. But I could live without it. 

Base building is unnecessary. You're better off just burying your loot. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, I don't find raiding bases interesting. 

Example... I'm jogging through the woods and come across a base. I have two options. 

Option 1 - spend the next six hours looking for stuff to break into it. Then spend another hour using aforementioned items to break into it. Then either find nothing in the base worth having, or find stuff that I haven't got space to carry anyway. 

Option 2 - continue on my way and find stuff by looting and searching the map. 

To me, the journey is more important than the end goal. I don't wish to take away from players that enjoy this sort of nonsense. But there are other games that do it better. Too much dev time is spent implementing and fixing base mechanics in dayz when it could be better spent elsewhere. Dayz never had base building originally and was still engaging. It was never needed. At most, I would be more interested in seeing the introduction of window boarding. But I could live without it. 

Base building is unnecessary. You're better off just burying your loot. 

You probably play alone. And if you are one or two, maybe you don't need to base. It's just a type of your game.
But if you play with 2-3 friend you will have a lot of loot and you for sure will want to build  something to keep your loot.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, In_search_of_Trip said:

You probably play alone. And if you are one or two, maybe you don't need to base. It's just a type of your game.
But if you play with 2-3 friend you will have a lot of loot and you for sure will want to build  something to keep your loot.

No, I've played solo and with groups. When base's were first introduced we built one. Then realised there was no point, as you can literally just bury loot. There is nothing to be gained from base building other than advertise your location. 

27 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, I've played solo and with groups. When base's were first introduced we built one. Then realised there was no point, as you can literally just bury loot. There is nothing to be gained from base building other than advertise your location. 

Okay, maybe you don't like, but I and many other players love to make base, and we want something better than what we have now.

No. Playing with a group of people doesn’t automatically mean you need a base.  It has nothing to do with play style or some other BS.  Assuming someone plays alone because they don’t prefer base building is laughable. 

Also, keeping valuable loot in your base and not hidden is not a good idea. Get a second account like real pros. 

3 minutes ago, Parazight said:

No. Playing with a group of people doesn’t automatically mean you need a base.  It has nothing to do with play style or some other BS.  Assuming someone plays alone because they don’t prefer base building is laughable. 

Also, keeping valuable loot in your base and not hidden is not a good idea. Get a second account like real pros. 

Pfff second account  for loot it's not fair.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

20 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

About This Game

This is your Story

There are no map markers, daily quests, or scoreboards to help you create your story. There is only Chernarus – 230 square kilometers of post-Soviet country that was struck by an unknown virus, which turned the majority of its population into raging infected.

Your task? To survive the collapse of civilization for as long as you possibly can. Keep in mind that death is permanent in unforgiving Chernarus. All you’ll have when you start over again are the memories of your final mistake.

- store.steampowered.com/app/221100/DayZ/

So tell me... Is gathering supplies - in autumn oriented setting, right before winter - makes sense to you? Is it normal for living beings to create shelter for themselves in order to survive? Or is this game only a running simulator?

Dayz without bases = dayz of 2014. It was a shitshow for most part. Simple meat grinder with m4s and mosins that was quickly losing peoples attention. Building is a feature. One is not forced to use it. It would be nice though if said feature was deeper and less clunky.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nemorus said:

So tell me... Is gathering supplies - in autumn oriented setting, right before winter - makes sense to you? Is it normal for living beings to create shelter for themselves in order to survive? Or is this game only a running simulator?

No, I'd probably board out an apartment 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nemorus said:

About This Game

This is your Story

There are no map markers, daily quests, or scoreboards to help you create your story. There is only Chernarus – 230 square kilometers of post-Soviet country that was struck by an unknown virus, which turned the majority of its population into raging infected.

Your task? To survive the collapse of civilization for as long as you possibly can. Keep in mind that death is permanent in unforgiving Chernarus. All you’ll have when you start over again are the memories of your final mistake.

- store.steampowered.com/app/221100/DayZ/

Dayz without bases = dayz of 2014. It was a shitshow for most part. Simple meat grinder with m4s and mosins that was quickly losing peoples attention. Building is a feature. One is not forced to use it. It would be nice though if said feature was deeper and less clunky.

Absolute agree, if you want to survive you will make refuge where you want to gather all for you can help in it, and hide yourself from enemies

• Like 1

Pfff second account  for loot it's not fair.

Sure it is. Console users can create as many accounts as they want. FOR FREE. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

what's the point of the game? Base building gives the player a purpose outside accumulating massive stores of loot. My group is at the point on official servers where there's literally no point in looting another weapon, bullet, bomb, or mag; we have stashes of all top tier loot spread out all over livonia, along with food, which makes going from fresh-spawn to geared as simple as walking to Sobotka. Our only options are to either wander the map aimlessly looking for pvp, which becomes unfulfilling pretty fast (especially when the pvp is hard to find), or to focus on carving out our own territory on the map and working hard to defend it. The last option remains the most compelling to me, as it gives my group a common goal to work toward and comes with many side missions and adventures along the way. Base building encourages us to continuously loot towns for tools and nails or to take a convoy of cars and a truck to get planks for building, which leads to impromptu combat on back roads and towns. I can only stand killing and dying in the bunker or at swarog so many times before searching for something more. 

IMO base building is a poorly implemented afterthought that should either be greatly expanded upon, or scrapped entirely. As much fun as I've had with it, its current state is sorely lacking 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

27 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Sure it is. Console users can create as many accounts as they want. FOR FREE. 

and that's the worst exploit console faces - far worse than duping has ever been. I wouldnt be surprised if more people play with alts than not on console  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, BigMac1994 said:

There are some great places to build bases in this list!

All castles are know for being base building spots so I wouldn't build there

Kamenka and Stary Jar are towns that people will loot on their way to nearby military bases so they too aren't good choices. 

Saint roman is absolutely terrible, too close to edge of the map which is a very travelled path. It has multiple west located bases that a player will pass through on it's way there so they will have means of breaking walls and it's a landmark leading to tisy with good loot on it's own which means it's visited often.

Edited by General Zod

On 4/17/2023 at 2:53 AM, BigMac1994 said:

There are some great places to build bases in this list!

Not problem choose city.  problem we can't choose bigger part of constructions for base because we can't build wall there.
For example, I would like to live in this houses:
land_house_1w04.jpg
land_house_2w02.jpg
land_house_1w10_brown.jpg
land_house_1w05_yellow.jpg
land_house_1w05.jpg

Also, will be great if I can build solo base in something place like this:
land_power_transformer_build.jpg
land_water_station.jpg
land_shed_m1.jpg
land_wreck_caravan_mrust.jpg

And it's not all nice ideas for good base. 

On 2/5/2023 at 6:09 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I think that’s part of the beauty of the game, you can play your way and I can play my way.

Like the OP, I spend a lot of time base-building and like having a place to call home and have a cache of survival gear for when my survivor happens to get killed. It’s also a great way to build a sense of community.

Base-building draws a myriad of players and in our opinions needs to be made more robust.

One simple thing that I suggested awhile back to aid in making bases, especially within existing structures is to dissect the traditional fence/gates we have and facilitate crafting medium and small versions. That post can be found here: 3 Fence Wall Sizes

Edited by WOLVERlNES
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1