Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.19 (Change Log)

16 minutes ago, 6032 said:

Borderline troll post but there is something deeply weird about an individual who calls the game ‘unfortunate’ and ‘bullshit’ yet hangs around the forum making detailed posts about lore inconsistencies. Just go already.

Given the current popularity of the game (and obvious momentum around 1.19), you’re on a very, very small island in being unhappy with the direction of the game.

Also with the resources available, the team has performed admirably is allocating those resources to the game –just need to compare the current game to what we had 2yrs ago.

"Troll" just because they don't think like you? or why "dare" challenge the work of programmers? Typical "FanBoy" attitude. Arguing with people like you is perfectly useless, nothing is achieved ... as I have seen several times. The "weird" is that people like you often only come out to praise programmers on occasions like this ... very "suspicious" this way. And anyway, it's not "popularity" that decrees a good job ... and, just for the record, I bought the game at the beginning of 2020. I'm not a "veteran", but I know them these last 2 years. well and I preferred it as it was before, afterwards almost only uselessness and nodifichè useless and sometimes not harmful arrived, but the real problems are always present. And I don't want to keep talking "with the walls" (as you are, "FanBoy") it just makes me waste time for nothing.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Did you subscribe now only for what I wrote? Are you real or are you "fake"? You are a shareholder of the B.I. ?

I did actually. You should feel privileged! But seriously, we’re you not loved as a child or are you just a troll? 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Silent05 said:

I did actually. You should feel privileged! But seriously, we’re you not loved as a child or are you just a troll? 

Insult is the weapon of those who are wrong and has no arguments to contest.

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

Insult is the weapon of those who are wrong and has no arguments to contest.

You are correct. Your insults and lack of foundation for an argument are proof of this. Keep trolling. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Chernarus is NOT Middle East or Ukraine ... And I don't even care about ArmA 2, as THIS game is "standalone". it's a game in its own right, do you know what this means? I judge THIS game, NOT ArmA2 or its mod.

I realize there is a language barrier between us but i would like to try to communicate a few things. It is important to note that some things can be lost in translation, so it is important to convey as much as possible in a concise manner. It is also important to set expectations to help communicate intent and feelings. As i type this reply i wish to convey no hate or ill will towards you. I also am not arguing or trying to appear hostile.

It is difficult to disconnect DayZ from Arma2 as they both share the same "universe", location, and history. As you stated before you do not know the history of Arma2 and consider it "irrelevant", and that DayZ is "standalone". I believe a miss-translation is partly to hold for this belief. "Standalone" in this sense is to mean "it's own game" or "product", but not as "independent" or "Alone" of other games in the series. To use an example; Think of it as part of a movie or book series. The "Marvel cinematic universe" is also a useful comparison. Does this make sense? Within this context knowing the history of Arma2 can help you understand why certain items, tech, and factions are in the game. I too would question some of the items and gear in the game if i did not understand the context behind them. Prevalence of eastern weapons, vehicles, and tech makes logical sense if we were to base the game off of "real life" but we are playing in a fictional world based on it's own history and lore. Again this context can change how we look at it. my last point is the difference between "realism" and "game-play" and the balance that both play within the game. Looking at certain mechanics and items in game we can argue that they do not meet a standard of "realism", but that contrasts against the "game-play" and "ease of use" of the player.

DayZ takes many aspects of real life including; Bush craft, combat, medical treatment, navigation, and survival. It then mixes those with a fictional setting and translates them into game play. This isn't always perfect and often times it will not go in the direction we wish it to. I understand your frustration, i have felt it many times during the journey from the Mod days in Arma2 to where we are now. But i would ask that you try to relax some. And if the game is not going in the direction you wish, maybe let it sit some before coming back, or finding another game that can satiate your hunger and desire.

Peace.

• Like 4

@penguin511 this guy can't be bothered to read the bit of lore on Wiki, so I don't think translation is the issue here. Just the need to spout opinions regardless of facts. No wonder people consider it outright trolling.

Edited by William Sternritter

Hey devs u plan to fix the character stats like distance traveled and infected/players killed? Come on its 2022 and that bug is so basic and its going for so long... Please

• Like 1

After have driven quite a lot of cars and the truck in the test server, they have really been improved. From time to time there is a bit of lag, but I haven't seen jumping/flying vehicles. There is only one aspect that bothers me, and it is the brake, it feels very subtle. I am using space and S at the same time, but still it feels very soft, like it does not stop a lot.

unknown.png

Now we can see which battery is attached to which attachment. Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, nice improvement over 1.18.

Edited by DefectiveWater

2 hours ago, Kathosky said:

After have driven quite a lot of cars and the truck in the test server, they have really been improved. From time to time there is a bit of lag, but I haven't seen jumping/flying vehicles. There is only one aspect that bothers me, and it is the brake, it feels very subtle. I am using space and S at the same time, but still it feels very soft, like it does not stop a lot.

CTRL+S is soft brake. Shift+S is hard. S by itself is more just slow down. Space is handbrake. 

I have been finding many wrecked cars on the side of the road after a sharp turn, and can say that people might be struggling with learning this (Maybe add a larger disclaimer to the stable change log as i can imagine when it goes public it will be even worse) but overall I think it works well when you get the hang of it. Cars are very smooth driving now and space program seems to be a thing of the past. That said lag and stutter are still there. Hitting certain corners and you can feel the game catch up a little, and in more populated areas we experiences some larger spikes. The experience overall is still leagues better, and leaves me with much more confidence and enjoyment driving around. Especially with the added benefits of being rain free and getting a heat buff just by driving.

• Like 1

There appears to be an issue with the new dynamic events. They don't despawn and zombie corpses also remain and don't despawn. Loot dropped around them also remains. I tested it in a couple spots but figured i would ask if others noticed similar behavior? I tried waiting a few hours and logging back in and checking and all the same things were where i left them.

15 hours ago, penguin511 said:

CTRL+S is soft brake. Shift+S is hard. S by itself is more just slow down. Space is handbrake. 

I have been finding many wrecked cars on the side of the road after a sharp turn, and can say that people might be struggling with learning this (Maybe add a larger disclaimer to the stable change log as i can imagine when it goes public it will be even worse) but overall I think it works well when you get the hang of it. Cars are very smooth driving now and space program seems to be a thing of the past. That said lag and stutter are still there. Hitting certain corners and you can feel the game catch up a little, and in more populated areas we experiences some larger spikes. The experience overall is still leagues better, and leaves me with much more confidence and enjoyment driving around. Especially with the added benefits of being rain free and getting a heat buff just by driving.

Thank you. I am going to try that way using shift + S

Opinion on Livonia:
- Spawns need to be moved further north (all the river spawns removed). Spawning in Tier 2 loot zones shouldn't be a thing.
- More tier 1 towns/villages up north.
- Ideally map should be slightly bigger so there could be more towns in the north.
- One or two more small villages (5-6 houses) around central/south side.
- There should also be one or two more castles on the map.

Regarding the bunker:
- Well made interior, but the outside area is disappointing (few more military buildings would be good)
- NVGs need to be removed from the game in all honesty

Hopefully Livonia gets more focus in the next few patches too. Chernarus offers much more currently.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 1

I continued with my journey.  I ended up getting cholera after having a cold and then eating with bloody hands.  Mistakes happen.  I ended up trying to recover from Cholera over the course of like, 5 in game days.  Always got food and water up close to full white and ended up puking.  Never found multivitamins up in Brena.  Used tetracycline, but it didn't help.    After about 3 IRL days I just F11'd it.  Dumped all my gear in a barrel.  Put a slug in my head.  Picked up my gear 15 minutes later, then finally headed south.  Got a car working in Muratyn and headed to the new village south of Gieraltow.  Looks nice.  went further south a bit, found a truck,  drove on down the road, about 40 km/h.  Hit the brakes, but hit a tree straight on going 35-40 and died.

Cholera:  Probably too punishing, if anything.  Not worth the effort as a new spawn.  Easier to just suicide.  I would recommend balancing by adjusting how much a person can eat before they throw up.  It's really hard to know this anyway, whereas in real life, you can clearly feel if you're going to eat too much.  Here, it's just behind-the-scenes numbers.

Driving:  Driving didn't get any better.  Recovery of when things go wrong is somewhat better.  All of the previous issues are still there.   I'm not sure the new braking system should have been activated at the same time as the new car mechanics.  I'm not sure the extra buttons are needed, but we'll see.  I need to try it out more.  Like I mentioned earlier, I got a car running, a Sarka, but hit a tree, which would maybe change the bumper to 'damaged' but I died instantly.  I even had an assault helmet on with my safety belt fastened.  Bumper was worn, as how I found it.

Also got shot once by a guy wielding a BK-12.  That was kinda cool.

Edited by Parazight

Bloody hands -> salmonella -> charcoal tablets -> 🙂

I tried charcoal right away since I had a ton of it.  I dunno. 

Cholera is a bit of a pita.... We could eat 4 bites of food instead of 3 without puking.. That would help recovering ... Meds are hard to find if not in hospital or medic clinics

Seems to be a issue with the new Humvee. I have found 2 and both had issues with engaging gears. sometimes they work perfectly and you just go to D and take off. But other times you start it up and it's like w does nothing when in drive or reverse. No revs and no accel. You just start skating backwards or forwards if on a incline. Not sure what fixes it but it's very inconsistent. When it does work it's nice, feels beefy and handles decently for how big it is.

I have handled the Olga, Sarka, and Gunter now and they all handle well. Had a rollover in the Sarka off of some weird terrain on a woods back road, and somehow the car was fine and i took no damage. i did forget the lights one time and drained the battery. the lights don't stay on when the car is off but they do still drain the battery as if they were on. Olga is not good but not terrible, Sarka is solid, Gunter is the star though. Fast, nimble, and turns sharp. As long as you practice good driving technique and watch your speed they are all a pleasure to drive.

On 10/2/2022 at 12:32 AM, Neptune Man said:

I like that zombies no more have super IQ and Act more like zombies now

They still need to kill you when you go uncon though. The nerfing of the infected is still one of the worst additions to the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe military zombies could kill ya, not the normal coast ones.. I could agree with that for realism and difficulty. 

11 hours ago, Neptune Man said:

Maybe military zombies could kill ya, not the normal coast ones.. I could agree with that for realism and difficulty. 

They should all kill you. What's the point in them otherwise?

I'll never understand why the devs decided to make them pacifists. Being overwhelmed and killed by the infected should absolutely be a way to check out on DayZ. As it stands you can just let yourself get knocked out, then wake up, dust yourself off, and carry on...la de da.

They might as well just take them out altogether now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1