Sign in to follow this  
Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.17

Greetings, Survivors!

Update 1.17 just went live on all platforms! While we’re already hard at work on the next update, this article will elaborate on the most important aspects of 1.17. Our primary focus this time around was on the themes of accessibility and crafting. 

Read the full article here.

_________

PC changelog

Consoles changelog

• Like 1

are you thinking about something like a hack reporting system for the next updates? it would be good for the community

Cooking items losing durability is absolutely idiotic. Like we need more time sinks in this game. And can't be repaired. You think an average joe can keep a complicated automatic weapon clean and working with a repair kit but we can't figure out how to fix a pot? Smh.

Edited by Girth Brooks
wurdz iz hard

5 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Cooking items losing durability is absolutely idiotic. Like we need more time sinks in this game. And can't be repaired. You think an average joe can keep a complicated automatic weapon clean and working with a repair kit but we can't figure out how to fix a pot? Smh.

And yet your vehicle can kill you at any time or a scripting child can ruin your base, your stuff or an entire server at their whim.  It's amazing what the devs deem as critical "fixes" in the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

And yet your vehicle can kill you at any time or a scripting child can ruin your base, your stuff or an entire server at their whim.  It's amazing what the devs deem as critical "fixes" in the game.

I had to create an account to ask : Who are you ? Stop complaining please, they did a really great job already.
You are not satisfied ? Then move along. No one will please you to stay here.
Try to enjoy what's given to you, which area computer, an amazing team of devs, still present after 8 years of development, and a fantastic, one of a kind, game to play with. 

At least try to be gentle next time ...
GG Bohemia, keep it up guys ! <3

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, McReaper-d2cdc0db880f9655 said:

I had to create an account to ask : Who are you ? Stop complaining please, they did a really great job already.
Try to enjoy what's given to you, which area computer, an amazing team of devs, still present after 8 years of development, and a fantastic, one of a kind, game to play with. 

GG Bohemia, keep it up guys ! ❤️

Right. Everybody gets a trophy because not holding people accountable and making sure peoples’ feelings don’t get hurt is The Way. 

Edited by Parazight
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, McReaper-d2cdc0db880f9655 said:

Nice try.  Sounds like someone on the forum has TWO accounts.  Maybe the community manager and forum police would care to shadow ban both accounts as it is against the rules to have two accounts here.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, McReaper-d2cdc0db880f9655 said:

Don't worry about him...he just likes to complain a lot. People like us come here periodically for updates and then have busy lives in the meantime. We enjoy the game and the fluidity of vehicles for what they are. They think they're bouncers in charge of this forum just cause they hang around non-stop complaining, posting excessively. Entitlement at its finest.

I second your congratulations to Bohemia. Wonderful job you're doing exactly everything you should! They really gave us the survival game of our dreams. Only some insignificant kinks to iron out at this point. We know the vehicles will be perfectly polished by end of 2022 with the hard work you're doing! Heck, Forza in a massive open-world survival game? What more could one ask for?

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Don't worry about him...he just likes to complain a lot. People like us come here periodically for updates and then have busy lives in the meantime. We enjoy the game and the fluidity of vehicles for what they are. They think they're bouncers in charge of this forum just cause they hang around non-stop complaining, posting excessively. Entitlement at its finest.

I second your congratulations to Bohemia. Wonderful job you're doing exactly everything you should! They really gave us the survival game of our dreams. Only some insignificant kinks to iron out at this point. We know the vehicles will be perfectly polished by end of 2022 with the hard work you're doing! Heck, Forza in a massive open-world survival game? What more could one ask for?

Mercury must be leaking in your water again.

Not sure if this question goes here, but my first time on forums.

After 1.17 , when starting Workbench, some mods generate 'require addon dz_data' and Workbench crashes. These mod worked on 1.16. NOTE: they load in game 1.17, just a workbench issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Gaz-ae51244f82593951

18 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I fully agree with you, man. As an very old OFP and Arma fan, I like dayz more than everything, but complete absence of vehicle functionality and hackers on vanilla servers (I mostly like them) just force me every year to delete the game again after some trial, as nothing been fixed during this time. Last time my wooden cases which I have digged down in deep woods at map border were lootet after only 10 hous, becuase they had grenades in them.. 

17 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Nice try.  Sounds like someone on the forum has TWO accounts.  Maybe the community manager and forum police would care to shadow ban both accounts as it is against the rules to have two accounts here.

Bahhh ! You disgust me :C You're also paranoid

You should be the banned one here, always complaining everywhere on the forum (I checked your posts its insane ^^').
Bohemia's team is really patient XD

Well, there are no mods here anymore so people can say anything basically. There are zero original devs working on this game. They all left because they don't want the stink of DAYZ on their resume. So what we will get will be a watered down version of Deans vision. Game development isn't easy, but when BI doesn't care we the people suffer.

Happy 4\20

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

after a 14 hour survivol in a community server, I can't drink anything or eat my inventory is adequate, upon selecting the item it'll select it but won't take action ie, drink or interact with doors

Need to focus on real fixes, there are a lot of texture bugs being used by cheating players who are exempt from punishment this needs to stop. They are removing all vegetation from the game and thus finding hidden and buried items, the Company cannot turn a blind eye to such things. Please answer us.

Edited by steam-76561199086866730

As of 1.17 the butt pack can’t be used unless you drop it making it useless really I always had it set up that I’d have my ammo and spare mags in it so now to be able to reload my mags I have to drop the bag then take out the mags pick back up and attach reload them then drop the bag again to place them back in to then reattach it it’s stupid there was no need to change it also the button on console to speak was the down button I use an Xbox elite controller I had mapped the down button to the underneath button so I could talk and still have full movement now that’s been changed to the left directional button whys that been changed 

On 4/20/2022 at 6:45 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

The problem with dayz standalone,  is that we didn't  get the dayz standalone they said we would get at the start.

For us very few  that started with the mod back in the days, for sure DayZ has never become the DayZ close to Dean Halls original vision and never the game we were hoping for and dreaming/discussing about. But to be honest...the playerbase and community also has changed.  Most of the current players started with version 1.0 or later, a lot of them on consoles.  So for them this is a good and fun game with about 3 years full of updates and patches and new content. At the end, I am sure,  they will even get working vehicles....

For BI the route they went also seems to be a huge success. DayZ is selling well and player count is higher than ever. They also learned a lot for the future tech and projects... so yeah I am not playing DayZ anymore and I am not happy with the game as it is now...but I am happy for BI and the devs and their success in the long run !

There is no other game out there like DayZ, that still let me think and talk again and again about my adventures and stories after so many years....even I have to admit, they are nearly all from the mod xD

Sometimes you have to let go...but I really wish Engan would have released episode 8 :))

On 4/21/2022 at 2:29 AM, arlingtine said:

I just want the bow back

Don't we all... 😜

Pretty sure it is planned to return though.

• Beans 1