lynn.zaw

Console Update 1.17

11 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Console Update 1.17 Hotfix 1 - Version 1.17.154754 (Released on 28.04.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• When kindling or fuel items in a fireplace became ruined, it was not possible to add the same item again
  • Fixed a game lag when killing infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164167)
  • It was not possible to lower the flag from the flag pole
  • It was possible to skip the engine starting animation for vehicles
  • The camera would zoom briefly when using eye focus during certain actions
  • Cooking on the gas stove would take exceptionally long
  • Vertical camera settings were not saved after restarting the game
  • Player bodies would not leave their equipment after being skinned and quartered
  • Buried items would still show option to bury (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T163850)

CHANGED

Thanks for this! Enjoyed playing with the new sensivity settings today.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:37 PM, RZ0R said:

When running out of stamina when sprinting while 'zoomed in' it quickly unzooms and zooms back in. Very annoying if you have low stam.

Yes while In 3rd person Zoomed in and Sprinting when you run out of stamina camera zooms Back and forth Choppy.

Even on Unlimited stamina community servers this happens occasionally when slowing down from a sprint. Full run Zoomed (3rd person) slow down to get a better look and Camera tweaks out zooms back and forth and your “better look around” is ruined from shake. I know it’s gonna get me killed stopping a sprint to See if that movement is a Zombie or a player and getting shot when I slow down cause  camera tweaks out.

It seams that Dayz are a firm that don’t care about the game at all. 
I’ve been playing this wonderful game for five years. 
It seams that this new update of 1.17 is the worst ever. So I’ve now looked at this update and hopefully these bugs are in need to be fixed. 
1. Vehicles (trucks & Cars start and move before they due to start.

2. Pouches can’t be used when on body. 
3. Gun holster Can’t be used when on plate carrier.

4. The cz550 sight is out when you shoot.

5. The Backpack can’t be used when connected to body. 
6. Trucks get ruined when engine goes in the red counter needs extra gear for trunks. 
please fix theses 

The worst part of this update is the return of a number of old bugs.

You just can't expect players to go out of their way to report bugs, fix them, to have them return later. A waste of everyone's time.

The new items are going in the right direction though, so that's nice.

• Like 1

The bugs with the vehicle storage not staying closed has gone on long enough. Its tiring to have to always close all of the other storage options every single time I go to the trunk. The trunk stays closed and has to be opened and everything else has to be closed. Its 50 times worst when you are driving a truck. 

When is the economy going to be fixed? Having to own my own server and go threw so much code just to be able to find food' clothes and weapons is tiresome. Please add more resources to your team.

PLEASE ADD HORNS TO VEHICALS 

LOCKPICKS SHOULD WORK ON CARS

GENERATORS SHOULD POWER HOUSES GIVING US ACCESS TO THE FRIDGE, WASHER, STOVE, AND LIGHTS SOLVING MANY BASE BUILDING ISSUES

CRAFTABLE STORAGE OVER 300

PLEASE ADD TOOL STORES/PAWN SHOPS, GUN STORES, CLOTHING STORES, FIX CORNER STORES,  FIX THE LOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADD POLICE CARS, POLICE BELTS, C4, TEAR GAS, NIGHTVISION SCOPES, 

ARMY BASES SHOULD HAVE POWERSTATIONS THAT WHEN REPAIRED ALLOWS POWER TO CAMERAS, GATES, WATER, GAS STATIONS PUMPS, AGAIN FIXING BASE BUILDING ISSUES 

Edited by Roostercake
  • Thanks 1

The loss of game sound followed by a hard crash is worse than ever (PS5)

Seems to be when in close proximity of other players causing it.

Edited by RZ0R

Love the new update! It’s been awhile and I’m excited to try out all the new guns, items and whatever else has been added. New sensitivity options are nice to finally have and my gun skill has already improved quite a bit from it.

Played for a few hours today mostly just trying to barely fight off a bunch of illnesses, but I have hope for my character and being sick kinda gives me a goal. However I imagine I’ll be hearing coughing and sneezing in my head while I sleep tonight lol..

Anyways appreciate the work the team is putting in and really haven’t experienced many bugs if any. Also thank god for the wipe, the game runs much smoother on the one x now.

Edited by Robzom11

Is it just me or do more have problem to add more favorites? Get a warning maximum favorites reached must be a bug have just one. 

indeeed pal, i have 5 favourites and no warning , on ps5.

Just for asking, anybody have found new savannah rifle? me and my team are very loot addicted but never seen it on official playstation servers and we played several hours since patch drop out 

10 hours ago, supernick said:

Just for asking, anybody have found new savannah rifle? me and my team are very loot addicted but never seen it on official playstation servers and we played several hours since patch drop out 

Yes iv found one on public server, but don't ask me where, because I can't remember. 

thanks, we were worried 'cause never seen any or loader for it.....bad luck i guess

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, supernick said:

Have you try to add a new favorite is then I get that message and I just have one favorite saved. You should be Abel to have as many favorite you want. 

Savannah I found one in a chicken stand, must be in the hunting location.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:04 AM, Kyiara said:

Console Update 1.17 Hotfix 1 - Version 1.17.154754 (Released on 28.04.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• When kindling or fuel items in a fireplace became ruined, it was not possible to add the same item again
  • Fixed a game lag when killing infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164167)
  • It was not possible to lower the flag from the flag pole
  • It was possible to skip the engine starting animation for vehicles
  • The camera would zoom briefly when using eye focus during certain actions
  • Cooking on the gas stove would take exceptionally long
  • Vertical camera settings were not saved after restarting the game
  • Player bodies would not leave their equipment after being skinned and quartered
  • Buried items would still show option to bury (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T163850)

CHANGED

So i decide make a accont here to talk about 1.17 Update... [Xbox One X]

I've been playing Dayz since version 1.06, and without a doubt the current state of dayz is worse than when I started playing, and I'll tell you the reasons:

Crashes are more recurrent, especially now in 1.17, in 3 ~ 4 hours of playing the game closes 2 ~ 3 times and... Now the game is crashing even in the MENU, yes SEVERAL times I turn on my console, open the game and when I enter the home screen it crashes. Obs: I'm playing on the old gen but that didn't happen AND I have 4 friends who play with me who are on the NEW gen, 3 with Serie s and 1 with Serie X and sometimes they are crashing even MORE than me...

FPS drops are even more pronounced and recurring along with sttutering, rendering delay, broken textures, Again compared to the new generation, yes there the game is running better there but now in 1.17 several times the textures are getting broken there too. But as I said, I've been playing since 1.06 and without a doubt it's 1.10 here, the FPS is only getting worse and more and more unplayable.

1.17 brought new and old problems like:

Unable to drop items from inside zombies/tents/cars/crates/dead bodies (pressing X and holding), forcing you to put it in your hands and then drop it. [This problem first appears in 1.14 and 1.15 if I'm not mistaken.]

It is also not possible to equip clothes or any other accessories such as helmets/backpacks/goggles directly on the ground or tents/cars/dead bodies (pressing Y), again forcing you to take off the clothes/backpack/helmet you are equipped with so you can equip the new one and get all the items inside the old one [Problem seen before in 1.14 or 1.15]

If you put a holster on the plate carrier, you can no longer take any items inside of your pouches, If you try to get a bandage, for example, what comes to your hand is the gun that is in the holster. [This is new]

The pans are ruining when you use them on the gas stove/bonfires, before the hotfix besides ruining it was still taking 10 min to cook what was inside. [This is new, but we've seen similar problems like her disappearing from her inventory and bonfires]

1.17 broke sensitivity, brought a new bug where the screen flickered when you were zoomed in and running (fixed things in hotfix 1) but also broke certain commands like the combine items function (pressing B) which happens to be the same button to close the inventory, so every time you combine ammunition for example you close the inventory, forcing you to open it again. [This is new]

Still in inventories since 1.16 when you open the inventory near tents/crates/dead bodies/cars in general things that can have a lot of items inside, if have a lot of items inside, only the first line of items appears, again... forcing you to open the inventory 2 ~ 3 times to show all the contents inside. [Since 1.16]

If you pass out from gunshots/broken leg/whatever inside the gas places, when you get out of there the sound of the gas remains, forcing you to log out to stop. it's the same if you die after having taken a flashbang, when you respawn on the beach the flashbang sound remains until you log out.[To be honest, I don't know if this is new or old, but I just saw it happening today.]

When you try to aim (pressing LT), almost EVERY time you start to pull the aim, she just stops in the middle, forcing you to press LT more than 1 time to finally pull the ADS, the animation just cancels in the middle, and in pvp this is extremely frustrating because if you run into someone and need to aim fast, you die because you pressed the button but nothing happened. [That happens since when I started playing in 1.06, but this problem has become more recurrent with the last updates, from a RARE problem to something that happens almost EVERYTIME]

Still on this issue of the command just not responding as it should, EVER you try to combine items (like wood and paper to make a fire) or use a sewing kit/leather kit on some outfit, things you need to combine item+ item+press RT, the same problem as I mentioned above happens, the first time you press RT, nothing happens, forcing you to press twice so that the command is carried out as it should. For those who have been playing for a long time, you know this, practically every time we are going to perform actions like these, we already press 2 times because we know that the first one simply nothing happens. [this also happens since 1.06 when I started playing]

It's almost a meme, but when are you going to fix the cars and the game's physics in general? Zombies keep flying, players keep getting stuck in the stairs of buildings and houses, bodies and items keep getting inside the floor and walls.

Apart from the ones that were fixed in the hotfix, the ones that I may have missed or not yet witnessed, the point is... 1.16 and 1.17 weren't... as you said... updates FOCUSED on FIXES and STABILITIES and analyzing and especially PLAYING after the updates, these statements become ridiculous.

I'm not here to curse, disrespect or fight with the devs much less with the community (which in my opinion has been ignoring all these broken updates), I'm here to demonstrate my dissatisfaction as a customer who bought a product, likes the product but the owner of the product apparently doesn't care what customers want and complain about.

And I won't even mention other changes that the community asks for and features that were taken from the game and to this day have not been brought back, like RAGDOLL for exemple.

My advice is, test best updates before they release, and please buy an xbox or playstation and play the game you work on a little bit and see the crap it is on consoles and take the opportunity to test the updates/commands, sensitivity and especially the inventory on consoles too, because the entire inventory system on consoles is either broken or obsolete. thanks and if something in the text is confusing it's because I don't speak English, I had to write it with the help of google translator.

Edited by PauloH
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 3:50 AM, Roostercake said:

The bugs with the vehicle storage not staying closed has gone on long enough. Its tiring to have to always close all of the other storage options every single time I go to the trunk. The trunk stays closed and has to be opened and everything else has to be closed. Its 50 times worst when you are driving a truck. 

When is the economy going to be fixed? Having to own my own server and go threw so much code just to be able to find food' clothes and weapons is tiresome. Please add more resources to your team.

PLEASE ADD HORNS TO VEHICALS  

LOCKPICKS SHOULD WORK ON CARS 

GENERATORS SHOULD POWER HOUSES GIVING US ACCESS TO THE FRIDGE, WASHER, STOVE, AND LIGHTS SOLVING MANY BASE BUILDING ISSUES 

CRAFTABLE STORAGE OVER 300

PLEASE ADD TOOL STORES/PAWN SHOPS, GUN STORES, CLOTHING STORES, FIX CORNER STORES,  FIX THE LOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADD POLICE CARS, POLICE BELTS, C4, TEAR GAS, NIGHTVISION SCOPES, 

ARMY BASES SHOULD HAVE POWERSTATIONS THAT WHEN REPAIRED ALLOWS POWER TO CAMERAS, GATES, WATER, GAS STATIONS PUMPS, AGAIN FIXING BASE BUILDING ISSUES  

I agree 100% with what was said by "Roostercake" What happens when after any disaster strikes a state or an entire civilization? people want to rebuild! they want to see things work! DayZ was born as a mod, then it became a real game! Do you want to remain a simple survival game or evolve into something more? We must think beyond just "survival". There are RP servers with MODs that expand the mechanics and possibilities for players to develop their stories, to make sense of their game even after they have managed to survive. DayZ has the potential to become something much bigger! I see that unfortunately at the moment the DayZ electrical system is very crude. There are only big lights, which unfortunately are not managed well by the graphics engine, inserting many of them the FPS drop exponentially. there are no other lamps with lower intensity (such as fire torches) there are no switches, power strips. I wanted to light up an entire city. In addition, the cable reels are very short, if connected in series and the first or one in the middle are disconnected, all of them must be repositioned and disconnected if you skip an obstacle or climb ladders. (maybe I'm out of place, but I'm speaking in general and maybe more for the PC version)

dayz.png

08/05/2022 Xbox Servers are currently down, Communication Error Code.

Edited by TheYetiBum

It's June and I still can't access whatever is in my pouches on my plate carrier if a holster is attached to it. If there is no holster on the plate carrier it works (sometimes). And now today out of nowhere I can close my clothes (open/close container R3 on ps) but I can't open them back up. In other words if I put something in my clothes then accidentally click R3 on said peice of clothing it will close it and not open back up no matter what buttons I push rendering whatever I don't have hot keyed completely useless. I love this game but being a last gen console player sometimes feels like we're the unwanted guest at the party that gets served last yet paid for their dinner just like everyone else. 

Edited by 2nd Tooth

PS5 is in dire need of an update solely focused on stability/bug fixes, as do all other consoles as far as I can see.