Pyongo Bongo

Poisonois Mushrooms and Berries

Hello!

Please add poisonous berries and mushrooms back into the game.

I had a lot of fun poisoning hobos in Svetloyarsk with posionous berries in 2013.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:58 AM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

You can force feed them any thing you want to.

Ohhhh you did thaaaaat. I was thinking more like feeding starving guys poison

On 4/12/2022 at 11:38 PM, Tristan Cooper said:

Ohhhh you did thaaaaat. I was thinking more like feeding starving guys poison

Feed them human fat, they won't know it's human fat and by the time the laughter kicks in they'll probably manage to get some gear and be mad that their character is a write off. Another thing to do it keep few bits of human fat in your storage while on the coast, if a hungry newbie kills you you'll be the one having the last laugh. Well technically he will but you get the idea. 

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

Feed them human fat, they won't know it's human fat and by the time the laughter kicks in they'll probably manage to get some gear and be mad that their character is a write off. Another thing to do it keep few bits of human fat in your storage while on the coast, if a hungry newbie kills you you'll be the one having the last laugh. Well technically he will but you get the idea. 

This post right here is the perfect example why the kuru mechanic is garbage. Only used to grief players, not relevant at all to survival, and doesn’t even come close to actually representing how kuru works. 

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

This post right here is the perfect example why the kuru mechanic is garbage. Only used to grief players, not relevant at all to survival, and doesn’t even come close to actually representing how kuru works. 

well the same argument can be used to remove all weapons....

and it really doesnt matter if kuru is medical accurate to real life. its a game.

we actually need more possibilities, like we had back in the day. people love torturing other players. there definitely was way less kos mentality, and i believe poisoned food was a factor for this.

2 hours ago, etwas said:

we actually need more possibilities, like we had back in the day. people love torturing other players. there definitely was way less kos mentality, and i believe poisoned food was a factor for this.

Torturing other players is lame.  People do not love it.  Not authentic at all.  It's not really torture if you can just hit a button and respawn, which is the outcome.   Somehow being able to poison people equals 'way less kos mentality'??  There's no evidence connecting poisoning players with less kos.

If your friend, who is new, puts unknown fat in your stores and it gets eaten, that person gets killed, because no one wants to live with that.  Even a change to the kuru mechanic would be welcome, as ridiculous as it is.  Having a limited duration would be wonderful!  Differentiating human fat from non-kuru fat would be wonderful!  Poisoning other players (and kuru) is strictly a griefing mechanic and not authentic to a vanilla survival experience, in my opinion.  

well the same argument can be used to remove all weapons....

and it really doesnt matter if kuru is medical accurate to real life. its a game.

and it really doesn't matter if weapons physics is accurate to real life. it's a game.

Edited by Parazight

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

None of the diseases / injuries work the way they do in real life. Fractures heal so quickly they are nothing but a minor inconvenience. Any illness can be cured near instantly with mixture of antibiotics and vitamins. Gunshot wounds which in a case of lack of advanced medical care would be almost universally fatal are literally inconsequential in dayz unless they kill you outright. 

Survival ends the second you get some warm clothes a gun to defend yourself and a bit of food. Hunting and fishing are laughably easy. And if at any point trying to keep your character alive becomes to much of a chore you just hit the respawn button. 

So maybe the lack of identification of human fat and the way that kuru works are a great grieving tool. But they also add a element of risk to the game. 

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

Torturing other players is lame.  People do not love it.  Not authentic at all.  It's not really torture if you can just hit a button and respawn, which is the outcome.   Somehow being able to poison people equals 'way less kos mentality'??  There's no evidence connecting poisoning players with less kos.

If your friend, who is new, puts unknown fat in your stores and it gets eaten, that person gets killed, because no one wants to live with that.  Even a change to the kuru mechanic would be welcome, as ridiculous as it is.  Having a limited duration would be wonderful!  Differentiating human fat from non-kuru fat would be wonderful!  Poisoning other players (and kuru) is strictly a griefing mechanic and not authentic to a vanilla survival experience, in my opinion.  

and it really doesn't matter if weapons physics is accurate to real life. it's a game.

ofc its lame to torture other players, but for sure not more lame than constant kos. i dont have evidence, as there is no poisoning in the game right now. fact is, the game HAD poisoning and people used it back in the day. i still remember some of this encounters after all this years....  this are the moments of dayz u wont forget. getting held up by a bunch of fools, shit talking, torturing u, but in the end u come out alive and maybe have a great adventure afterwards. people remember this interactions, but for sure not their 767th kill at a guy drinking from a water pump.

i think u dramatize the kuru effect a bit too much. its hardly used by the players, specially compared to weapon usage. i dont think thats a fair comparsion.

On 4/10/2022 at 3:17 PM, Tristan Cooper said:

Did they just eat the berries? No questions asked?? 

Yes xD