Kyiara

DayZ in 2022

Hello Survivors,

Update 1.16 is on the way and we thought this would be a good time to outline some of our plans for 2022. You’ll be happy to know that we are committed to supporting DayZ throughout 2022 and will continue to release frequent updates that include a healthy balance of fixes, stability, balancing, and new content.

Read the full article here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Beans 2

locker/armoire (full outfit change) and gunrack, when?

locker in game, craft-able, like the mods

gunrack or weapon display.

we need those for role playing and base interest

also cars, dumb them down, enter fast get out fast, don't make the engine made of paper or crystal, we want to be able to use them for more than 5km.

• Like 2

My apologies.... I am so used to being disappointed by the developers, this did not even register. 

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Ummm.... no mention of car physics or security.  Nice.

Are you brain dead or just being a dick because crying about vehicles is your identity or did you not even read the link 

“We’re in the process of importing the latest version of vehicle simulation from a newer version of our Enfusion engine. We hope this will bring some much-needed stability to vehicle simulation in DayZ and expect to perform some public testing in the coming weeks.”

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Ummm.... no mention of car physics

"We’re in the process of importing the latest version of vehicle simulation from a newer version of our Enfusion engine.
We hope this will bring some much-needed stability to vehicle simulation in DayZ and expect to perform some public testing in the coming weeks."

What?

• Haha 1

Again, my apologies.  I am so used to disappointment by the developers that this did not even register.  And like I said, I will reserve judgement on this issue once it is implemented.  For now, it is a pipe dream with words.  Words that have been spoken on more than one occasion by these guys so you will understand my skepticism that they are competent enough to actually resolve the issue.

And NOTHING about the security exploit.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Confused 1

For the devs, if you read this.

Nice roadmap, hope you guys can achive this. I would like to see one more thing. Improvments on zombies. Does not have to be something special or fancy, but what I would like to see is that zombies would be able to open doors so that is harder for us to fight them/escape from them. It doesn't have to be an animation for knocking down doors, just simple 3 to 4 zobmie's hand hits on doors or 10-15 hand hits on locked doors would be enough to open it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Hello guys. I have only some minor requests. First of all, we need the bow and crossbow back. Those were great starter weapons with high impact. Then the paint cans would be nice to have them back so we can paint guns, ghillie suits (and even walls to make them harder to spot). We need more craftable things(like leather clothes). I would love to have a gun rack in my base so i can show off my FALs and SVDs. Also some cooking recipes (Mushroom stew, more ways to cook meat and add it to the game. Even some wheat to make flour and then bread. Add some salt to the game so we can preserve food for a longer period of time. Make us thirsty after we eat powder milk/plain rice/or cereals. Let us cook the rice and mix it with mushrooms or steak. Make so that the cooked food is going to give us some benefits over plain food. You can add some sort of "stamina replenish factor" based on how "healthy" you are or based on how much sugar you have in your body. So, if you drink sodas you will regen stamina faster, for a short period of time, like a sugar rush. But after the "sugar rush" is over, your samina will regen a bit slower. Or based on how healthy you ate (cooked food over unhealthy food) your stamina will regen faster because you're healthier and when you are hungry, your stamina will regen slower. I know this might seem as a bullshit for some of y'all, but let's not forget that his is a survival game. In an apocalypse you would want to stay healthy.

We shouldn't focus on pvp all the time. This is a survival game and we should treat it as it is. This game should be focused more on survival, but with all those CoD like servers out there people forgot how was it supposed to be.

Most likely the devs won't care about my comment, but i would like to recieve some feedback on it and some better ideas on my suggestions if you have any.

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

The Article says: "we would like to add new points of interest and try to make the environment a bit more interactive."

I hope they plan to introduce horizontal cover in forests, things such as fallen trees, log piles, physical bushes, static tents/campsites, maybe going as far as hunt-able birds - i cant play Cherno anymore. it takes about 30 minutes to get to NWA full sprint with a lunch pale an melee weapon. an its the same exact tree line everywhere i go. there isnt anything aesthetically appealing about Short tree.asset + Tall tree.asset for the entire hike through the woods. Emphasis on "entire hike"

i mean - its not bad, an can look beautiful most of the time. But the sawmills in Cherno/Namalsk would benefit from a couple log piles an deforestation aesthetics around its tree lines, maybe even destroyed trucks with ashen logs ontop of them. - allowing you to gather crappy firewood without requiring an Axe, or perhaps you find an axe in a stump! (but now im getting too far ahead of myself)

Tents could be added to the tree lines near the small towns like you see on the Shoreline of Cherno - emphasising families/hunters would go into the woods themselves! (civilian campsites scaling from Family to Hunter to Military campsites, all having different levels of physical cover nearby.)

Ive returned to the game to find myself addicted to hardcore Namalsk servers. once had 200 hours in Sunnyvale but realized traders do in fact deteriorate from my own personal experience. Im glad to see vanilla with continue to be expanded upon!

Edited by Frostknife
  • Like 1

Cool roadmap! I woudln't be mad if the new Enfusion technology makes the cars fly even higher xD

The vehicle physics in ArmA 3 and DayZ has given me some extreme laughter the past years 🙂

• Haha 1

Also, please fix the lighting issues (starting with the light draw distance and the gas lamp. Make the character hold it right and delete the "lines" that are forming on the ground. Make the light diffuse. It's too bad right now. I know it's an engine issue and this might impact performance, but as long as we can dissable it on lower end computers, should be good.

• Like 2

Are there any plans on improving and expanding headtracking? Current implementation freezes constantly. More tracking options should also be added, like leaning with head rotation and possibility to look around while ADS. Old implementation was much more refined. 

• Like 1

I wish the best of luck to the company in their efforts to expand the team and succeed.  There's definitely not a surplus of developers out there working on games, especially since really good devs continue to migrate to non-gaming development due to the inherent headaches that go with it.  There's no doubt that the developers at Bohemia Interactive have no shortage of work to do.  ❤️

• Like 4

Love to see that dev. team is looking into controller sensitivity and ways to improve it. Please please when you do this don’t just add in ways to speed up or slow down. We really need a way to adjust the stick center deadzone. Vigor has this feature and by default the center deadzone is at 20% when you can adjust this down to 10% or less it’s much easier to make small aiming adjustments esp at long ranges. With a center deadzone set high at like 20% you have to move the stick quite a ways before it registers the adjustment and then ends up over correcting. Something that mouse and keyboard doesn’t. On Vigor as soon as you adjust the stick center deadzone to a lower value the aiming and recoil control get significantly better. Please do this for DayZ too.

• Like 2

Devs, I would like to see the cz550 brought into game , we need a standardized suppressor for large caliber guns besides the bottle. 
Allow hunting scope to mount to mosin the scopes on vsd and mosin kill them for long range shots . build anywhere needs put into official servers . maybe bring craftable lockers into play with like 500 slots ,crafted by 4 post and 6 metal sheets .  we need electronic access pads like pc . Implementation of rock structured walls . Walls could be like the fence lower and upper requiring so many stones . Make them stronger than wood so all the raids with a hand full of grenades can’t blow thru with just 6 grenades . Barb wire needs to be harder to damage . Livonia map is to small and not enough flat ground without build anywhere to build hidden . A diff large map would be nice.  Larger than cherno u can travel cherno by foot from end to end in about 45 mins . We need a map that takes 1.5 hrs to travel with large coastal type cities up mid map or north west or west vs how cherno is . I’d like to see the cz550 chambered in 300 win mag . The single shot 308 lacks kill power in the tundra . New mill back packs be nice maybe a large backpack with 120 slots . Plate carrier needs color. Green or black . Survival aspects. Cooking pot can be used to mix items into a stew for highest calories. Maybe a hydration pack that can attach to plate , vest that holds 2 canteens worth . Snow in near future with added heat while using white hunter kit . Making heat packs useable . Assault boots wear to fast compared to hiking boots . Saws and hatchets wear to quick while gathering wood . Hacksaw should cut locks but should use 1 stone and take 5 mins to cut lock . 

• Like 2

Very interesting Roadmap , I look forward to the vehicle  implementation and what it may mean for the USer and  modder alike  . 

that looks like a realistic roadmap.

im quiet humble about my hopes. Im hoping for a bow. meybe an axe would be usable longer than now. and i hope the birds come back. remember them fying out of the bushes when you moved trough or nearby them? for me they where most imersive. i think small wildlife would contribute a lot of atmosphere. i allready see myself trying to hunt down blackbird 😄

• Like 2

This looks very promising and I am looking forward to it!
Quick side question, is there any update on linux servers?

Great news! Looking forward to updated vehicle physics and more refined control options like dead zone, and custom keybinding.

As far as controls go, I’ve been using inverted control scheme since the 90s playing Duke Nukem — and in Day Z every time I launch the game, I have to set vertical aim to inverted for the preference isn’t saved and it’s resulted in me dying upon loading into server if I have an immediate encounter. Please resolve this.

Lastly, the game is in a much better state then it was in 2020 — however; things like: pop-in, lack of grass and map detail at longer draw distances, lag spikes, rubber-banding, de-synching, x-ray vision exploit need to be addressed.

I play on Xbox One X, trying to buy a Series X and strongly feel this game has more opportunity for polishing and quality of life fixes with items like the car driving functions as an example — which can be improved upon by migrating Day Z entirely to new Enfusion engine with better game optimization.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s 1.16 update!

-Cheers

Edited by RussianReavers

2 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

As far as controls go, I’ve been using inverted control scheme since the 90s playing Duke Nukem — and in Day Z every time I launch the game, I have to set vertical aim to inverted for the preference isn’t saved and it’s resulted in me dying upon loading into server if I have an immediate encounter. Please resolve this.

This also drives me nuts lol 

• Haha 1