Surfjayce

Possible fix for game breaking swimming glitch

Base building is being made redundant by people being able to get pushed under the map and swimming to position below a base to log and log back in inside that base, now I realise it would be hard to secure the entire map to prevent this.

Solution: Just make it so character dies if they log out while swimming, there is no logical reason you would ever log out while swimming other than if you are glitching, and for those who get dashboarded while swimming? well id say its minimal enough to chalk that up to collateral damage, plus it would add some needed peril to swimming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Surfjayce said:

Base building is being made redundant by people being able to get pushed under the map and swimming to position below a base to log and log back in inside that base, now I realise it would be hard to secure the entire map to prevent this.

Solution: Just make it so character dies if they log out while swimming, there is no logical reason you would ever log out while swimming 

1.) Bury your valuable shit in your base and put barrels, sea chests, and wooden crates over the dirt piles. Don't keep any digging instruments in the base. Long-term, you can form a militia of trusted friends and set up watch-shifts so that there's always a couple people in the base to defend it against raiders, glitchers and swimmers. Building inside existing structures could be another option; doesn't really matter if they glitch into the Cherno Apartments, for example.

2.) I log out while swimming at the start of every life, then I log back in when it's dark. I like beginning each life soaking wet, freezing to death, with yellow hunger and thirst, in pitch black conditions. I like the extra challenge lol. If we went with your solution, I wouldn't be able to play the game the way I do. A better solution would be for the developers to just fix the game so that players CAN'T glitch through the map.

Edited by Ellie Jean

3 minutes ago, Ellie Jean said:

Same here. And an option to show me what he said. I don't have the emotional maturity not to push it lmao. The ignore feature is useless to me lol.

Haha okay fair enough..

As for the topic, I would suggest reporting any glitch that people are using to glitch themselves into the ground so the glitch gets fixed, instead of auto drowning folks. (You already drown if you are knocked uncon in water  btw).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Surfjayce said:

Solution: Just make it so character dies if they log out while swimming,

How about just moving to a random spot as if you were switching servers?  I don't see how a person could exploit that any more than fresh spawning and then server switching.

6 hours ago, Ellie Jean said:

1.) Bury your valuable shit in your base and put barrels, sea chests, and wooden crates over the dirt piles. Don't keep any digging instruments in the base. Long-term, you can form a militia of trusted friends and set up watch-shifts so that there's always a couple people in the base to defend it against raiders, glitchers and swimmers. Building inside existing structures could be another option; doesn't really matter if they glitch into the Cherno Apartments, for example.

Okay, so it's clear that you're really new to the game.   Don't hide valuable items in your base because that's how they get found.  It's like putting a big sign on it that says "look here first!!"  Hiding stashes under Sea Chests is not clever.  People take Sea Chests, etc. 

Don't put digging instruments in your base?  Is this for real?  Bases are for storing non valuable items, like common tools.  You want people to bury items in the base and then not be able to dig them up?  Are you sure?

Form a militia of trusted friends and set up watch-shifts.  lol.  You play by yourself and have no idea regarding the logistics of such a feat.  Completely unrealistic.  I beg anyone to come forward to claim that this has been done.

Building inside structures is largely not possible.  Strategically placed locked walls are completely undone by the gas bomb mechanic and people scan apartment buildings with ease, upon login, because of archaic HDDs.  Please stick to examples that you've actually used and not ideas that you've only spent 5 seconds brainstorming.

6 hours ago, Ellie Jean said:

2.) I log out while swimming at the start of every life, then I log back in when it's dark. I like beginning each life soaking wet, freezing to death, with yellow hunger and thirst, in pitch black conditions. I like the extra challenge lol. If we went with your solution, I wouldn't be able to play the game the way I do.

Difficult to believe and not a good reason to not seek a solution to an exploit.

Edited by Parazight
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Okay, so it's clear that you're really new to the game.

Relatively new; I've been playing for over two years.

Don't hide valuable items in your base because that's how they get found.  It's like putting a big sign on it that says "look here first!!"

I don't hide valuable items on my person, because I'll lose them if I get killed. Likewise, I don't hide valuable items in stashes without knowing they won't despawn if I forget about them. That leaves Bases as the prime location for storing valuable items; particularly a base with a flag to prevent shit from despawning.

Hiding stashes under Sea Chests is not clever.  People take Sea Chests, etc. 

People don't generally take barrels and sea chests. They're really big and heavy, make you move slow, make you more vulnerable; generally speaking it's just not worth the time and effort. In the event some complete idiot does try to run away with a chest or barrel, revealing the pile of dirt, UNLESS they have a digging tool on their person at the time, they won't be able to dig it up because I don't keep the keys to my safe in my house. They'll have to go find their own. And then start digging up stashes until they find one that might actually have something in it, hoping their tool doesn't get ruined before they find it. Spoiler alert: They aren't going to.

Don't put digging instruments in your base?  Is this for real?  Bases are for storing non valuable items, like common tools. 

Lmao, and where do you store the valuable items? On your person for someone to loot, or buried somewhere anyone could stumble upon it? 😅
That aside, I keep all my farming, digging, raiding and other hand tools in a Base meant specifically for tools; way more than I need; lots of duplicates. Doesn't matter if those bases get raided. I always keep a pickaxe on me when I have stashes buried anyway; just nice to have a place to go to to get hand tools after dying without having to search all the sheds. 

You want people to bury items in the base and then not be able to dig them up?  Are you sure?

...Lmao...you do realize that if someone BURIES an item...they ALREADY have something to dig it up with. I'm starting to think you just wanted to pick an argument with me because you were friends with the Neo-Nazi I got banned lol. 🤭

Form a militia of trusted friends and set up watch-shifts.  lol.  You play by yourself and have no idea regarding the logistics of such a feat.  Completely unrealistic.  I beg anyone to come forward to claim that this has been done.

Actually I play with my cousin and her friends. Decided IRL friends are the only ones I can trust. They're going to invite their trusted friends. Over time it'll grow. I'll send you a postcard when my vision has come to fruition. 

Building inside structures is largely not possible.  Strategically placed locked walls are completely undone by the gas bomb mechanic and people scan apartment buildings with ease, upon login, because of archaic HDDs.  Please stick to examples that you've actually used and not ideas that you've only spent 5 seconds brainstorming.

More petty insults against my intelligence. Building inside structures is completely possible. I HAVE actually done it. Admittedly though, I don't know what you mean by the gas bomb mechanic. Sounds just as expensive and time-consuming to put together as the Cooking Pot Bomb. Probably why it's never happened to me. Or maybe it's just a PC thing. I'm on console.

Difficult to believe and not a good reason to seek a solution to an exploit.

I'll post a vid some time; it's easier than you think. You might just suck at the game too much to pull it off. And I never said they shouldn't seek a solution; you're trying to put words in my mouth.
Regardless, it's difficult to believe that you actually give a flying fuck about the topic of this thread, and are merely here to try to start drama. You're username is a truly wonderful descriptor. 🙄

Edited by Ellie Jean

5 hours ago, Ellie Jean said:

I don't know what you mean by the gas bomb mechanic.

So, you can create gates inside a building.   Said gates are created where you can only access the lock if you are on the inside, because of positioning, or because barbed wire will interrupt the combination sequencing.  Therefore, a player can only open the wall from the outside by destroying it.  The problem occurs when you log into your base and a dynamic toxic zone is present, displacing you to a position outside of your own base.  So now, you have to destroy your own walls to get back inside.  Which is not practical.

Note that I offered a suggestion to fix the swimming glitch.  This same mechanic that moves you when you log into a toxic zone could be used to move you when you log into deep water.   Either way, I believe the team will be able to come up with a solution.

• Confused 1

The problem occurs when you log into your base and a dynamic toxic zone is present, displacing you to a position outside of your own base.  So now, you have to destroy your own walls to get back inside.  Which is not practical.

Ahhh, that must be one of the things included in the recent updates on console. Sounds like what you're talking about might be a glitch; you shouldn't be magically displaced outside your base when a dynamic toxic zone is present, you should be fine so long as your indoors, or wearing the right PPE and gas mask if you happen to build in the woods. Hopefully the developers find a solution to the displacement problem.

I have yet to encounter a gas attack. I've heard them going off in the distance, but I avoid cities; I prefer small towns. The cities make the game glitch too much for me.

Edited by Ellie Jean
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ellie Jean said:

Sounds like what you're talking about might be a glitch; you shouldn't be magically displaced outside your base when a dynamic toxic zone is present, you should be fine so long as your indoors,

Points were added to the maps to move players out of toxic zones during log-in so that players don't die immediately.  It's not a 'glitch'.  It's an intended mechanic that was put in place alongside the zones themselves, in update 1.14.   You can see where all of these spawn points are at a site like izurvive.com.   It is this same sort of mechanic that I suggested as a fix to the swimming exploit.

7 hours ago, Ellie Jean said:

People don't generally take barrels and sea chests. They're really big and heavy, make you move slow, make you more vulnerable;

Offline raiding:  Get your team together, get in your car, grab all of the sea chests (which don't have to be empty in order to place into a vehicle) and then drive away. 

Looking forward to the postcard.  Good luck learning things the hard way.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Ellie Jean said:

You done yet?

You're being a little short sighted, Parazight is pretty accurate with the advice he's giving you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, Ellie Jean said:

Ahhh, that must be one of the things included in the recent updates on console. Sounds like what you're talking about might be a glitch; you shouldn't be magically displaced outside your base when a dynamic toxic zone is present, you should be fine so long as your indoors, or wearing the right PPE and gas mask if you happen to build in the woods. Hopefully the developers find a solution to the displacement problem.

I have yet to encounter a gas attack. I've heard them going off in the distance, but I avoid cities; I prefer small towns. The cities make the game glitch too much for me.

That's not how it works. If you log in to a server and the character is within an active dynamic contamination zone, he is teleported to a random location outside the zone. His equipment does not matter, being indoors offers no protection. This is primarily to avoid that people are killed by the gas before they've even loaded in. Also, be aware that a character who is within range of a gas attack when it strikes and logs out will NOT be teleported outside if it logs back in while the zone is active. This to avoid people just relogging to avoid the cloud.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

That's not how it works. If you log in to a server and the character is within an active dynamic contamination zone, he is teleported to a random location outside the zone. His equipment does not matter, being indoors offers no protection. This is primarily to avoid that people are killed by the gas before they've even loaded in. Also, be aware that a character who is within range of a gas attack when it strikes and logs out will NOT be teleported outside if it logs back in while the zone is active. This to avoid people just relogging to avoid the cloud.

Weird; thanks for the heads up. ...This might mess up my OCD playstyle/continuity a bit lol. 🤭

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You're being a little short sighted

Probably. Not very emotionally mature. LOTS of mental illnesses. 🤭

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You're being a little short sighted, Parazight is pretty accurate with the advice he's giving you. 

It's not his advice I have a problem with, it's his passive/aggressive condescending attitude. Derleth shared advice in a way that didn't piss me off, for example. Parazight should try THAT route, instead of trying to insult me. I'll only register that as garden-variety bullying and get pissed off by it lol; any actual "advice" flying right over my head lol. ...I'm not emotionally mature. 🤪

Edited by Ellie Jean
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:15 PM, Derleth said:

Haha okay fair enough..

As for the topic, I would suggest reporting any glitch that people are using to glitch themselves into the ground so the glitch gets fixed, instead of auto drowning folks. (You already drown if you are knocked uncon in water  btw).

Its been reported for many years and never fixed, this suggestion does not work.

1 hour ago, Surfjayce said:

Its been reported for many years and never fixed, this suggestion does not work.

Weird.  I thought that this was more of a recent problem and not something that people have been moaning about for many years.  

I had previously suggested that a character gets moved, like what happens during server hopping, or when you log into a contamination zone.   What do you think of these suggestions as opposed to outright killing the character.  Surely, collateral damage doesn't have to occur if there's another reasonable solution.  What do you think?

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

Weird.  I thought that this was more of a recent problem and not something that people have been moaning about for many years.  

I had previously suggested that a character gets moved, like what happens during server hopping, or when you log into a contamination zone.   What do you think of these suggestions as opposed to outright killing the character.  Surely, collateral damage doesn't have to occur if there's another reasonable solution.  What do you think?

Yeah this seems like a slightly less hostile approach

This spiraled out of control. I think moving them out of the way would work better than killing them. Say you’re geared; swimming through a river, guns out; and your internet crashes. Boom you’re dead and the enemy has your stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tristan Cooper said:

This spiraled out of control. I think moving them out of the way would work better than killing them. Say you’re geared; swimming through a river, guns out; and your internet crashes. Boom you’re dead and the enemy has your stuff.

I agree.  Although I'm not sure if a player can be looted while in deeper water, minimizing damage to innocent people typically outweighs punishing the guilty.

Apologies on the delay with the moderation, did some clean-up. Ideally, do not feed the trolls, use "report and ignore". Keep the topic clean, it saves you time wasted on arguing with trolls, and saves me some work with the clean-up on the side. ö.o

• Thanks 2

I'm going to chime in here about the swimming glitch. It is a HUGE pain when it comes to base building. First it was duping, then it was the ruined sledgehammer glitch (some people really spent all that time banging on a wall with a ruined sledgehammer because I think it maintained its damage), and now it is swimming under the map. I'd say the easiest way to solve this would be to introduce a killbox over land right underneath the map. Think of killboxes for Halo games. You can build a nice base with metal walls and 3 air locks. But a two man team with an axe can destroy that easily by going under the map, logging out after they swam past your walls, and upon logging in they are in your base. Then it takes nothing but a few minutes to dismantle the walls to allow your buddies in to loot everything. Base raids should be difficult and as it currently stands, we still have 1 last thing that defeats the purpose of base building by way of exploits. Just built a base but I am sure someone is just going to swim under the map and then boom, base compromised. It should take time and resources depending on the amount/type of walls made.

Yes, it is smart to bury your prized items outside of the base somewhere else, but if you build enough airlocks, then you should be fine with storing your stuff in your base. If not, what's the point of having a base if I have to bury everything somewhere else. Might as well just be a nomad and skip that entire mechanic. I am really hoping this glitch gets patched somehow, whether it is spawning characters that logged out in water at a random spawn point or introducing a killbox that as soon as you go into water over land, you are dead. I am sure trying to patch the entire map to stop the phasing through the ground glitch but at least we would something in the meantime. Honestly, it wouldn't have to be patched if a killbox is created or they spawn at a random spawn point upon logging in while swimming. I just want to see it countered by the devs anyway possible as soon as possible.

Edited by IneptTrigger
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:28 AM, Ellie Jean said:

One of my favorite things is to bury something in a garden plot, it is night invisible, especially if you dont plant anything in there, and then it is also easier to spot if you know what you are looking for

On 2/6/2022 at 9:05 AM, Parazight said:

This makes sense and seems like something that should be easy enough to implement. Has swimming really not been addressed yet? 

Edited by Solopopo

On 2/4/2022 at 8:38 AM, Surfjayce said:

Solution: Just make it so character dies if they log out while swimming, there is no logical reason you would ever log out while swimming other than if you are glitching, and for those who get dashboarded while swimming? well id say its minimal enough to chalk that up to collateral damage, plus it would add some needed peril to swimming.

I've banned 3 people for this. To be hinest I 100% agree But I believe that the best answer to this is for them to switch the game 100% on Enfusion. That would fix so much right off the back and it would make things EASIER to fix in the future and jsut better overall. Its like we would be getting a DayZ 2, and the only reason the devs give for not doing this is that the modders would ha e to make all new mods because the old ones will no longer work.

We all know another is BI treats DayZ as a stepchild and All money goes to boring ass arma.  If they were really out to make monwy they would push harder on dayz. But instead of fixes we get stupid lore thst has zero bearing on anything.

Edited by Roostercake