lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.16 (Change Log)

On 1/27/2022 at 1:38 PM, KommanderWar-94971bcb672f9055 said:

Remember that you have SSD do not defrag your disk, it will damage the SSD

Windows doesn't Defrag SSDs anymore.. it runs TRIM on the drive at least Windows 10 and newer. If you're running windows 7.. Windows 10 is free to upgrade. 

• Like 1

Did they fix, or are they ever going to fix, the lighting bug where when you look away from a light in the dark the casting of the light on the surrounding area is visible but when you look toward the light source the ambient light casting disappears? This is a terrible immersion breaking bug. Example, at night, if I throw a flare into a building and then look at the building from the outside, the light generating from inside the building will not cast on the ground/apposing buildings/environment outside the building unless you turn away from the light source, so it is out of frame, at which point the light will cast from inside the building to the outside as would normally be expected.

Edited by rfxcasey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rfxcasey said:

Did they fix, or are they ever going to fix, the lighting bug where when you look away from a light in the dark the casting of the light on the surrounding area is visible but when you look toward the light source the ambient light casting disappears? This is a terrible immersion breaking bug. Example, at night, if I throw a flare into a building and then look at the building from the outside, the light generating from inside the building will not cast on the ground/apposing buildings/environment outside the building unless you turn away from the light source, so it is out of frame, at which point the light will cast from inside the building to the outside as would normally be expected.

this bug exists for really long time and its really ruining the immersion specially in the night times.

i dont really know when they are planing to fix this issue. but i hope they do it soon

2 hours ago, Mosi2142 said:

this bug exists for really long time and its really ruining the immersion specially in the night times.

i dont really know when they are planing to fix this issue. but i hope they do it soon

It is pretty much "unfixable" with the current engine. It happens because of LOD simplification and objects out of the player's field of view not rendering. While the object is visible it blocks light from a light source, but when it is hidden the light source still shines so the light will suddenly illuminate much more of the surroundings. Very easy to test yourself by lighting a fire or dropping a flare in a house and walking outside, closing the door. Then slowly turn around and pan with the camera and see how the light appears and reappears depending on where you are looking. With LOD:s and distant object it is pretty much the same thing - at long distance trees etc are simplified so more of the light is visible, but when you zoom in more detailed models are rendered and the light gets blocked.

So, the only way to fix the issue would be to render a heap of stuff the player can't see - which would of course be bad for fps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NateLapT said:

Windows doesn't Defrag SSDs anymore.. it runs TRIM on the drive at least Windows 10 and newer. If you're running windows 7.. Windows 10 is free to upgrade. 

Well, the devs say to defrag HDDs, not SSDs.  Windows 10 is free to upgrade, but leaves a permanent watermark on your screen, everywhere, until you fork up the money.  Right?

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Well, the devs say to defrag HDDs, not SSDs.  Windows 10 is free to upgrade, but leaves a permanent watermark on your screen, everywhere, until you fork up the money.  Right?

Nope, if the previous windows license is valid there will be no such thing.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Easy ways around that 😉

I really wonder why people need to scam what amounts to pocket change in the perspective of years of usage. After 7 years this is certainly the least expensive part of my PC, which is otherwise completely rebuilt few times over. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

I really wonder why people need to scam what amounts to pocket change in the perspective of years of usage. After 7 years this is certainly the least expensive part of my PC, which is otherwise completely rebuilt few times over. 

Not everyone can afford something like that, and Microsoft isn't hurting from it either. They are still gaining from pirates because we are expanding their market share.

Same with WinRAR, their free trial is only there to stop businesses from abusing it from what I know, but they aren't hurting from people using WinRAR for their own personal purposes. But they gained massive market share, and that's good for their business.

34 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Not everyone can afford something like that, and Microsoft isn't hurting from it either. They are still gaining from pirates because we are expanding their market share.

Same with WinRAR, their free trial is only there to stop businesses from abusing it from what I know, but they aren't hurting from people using WinRAR for their own personal purposes. But they gained massive market share, and that's good for their business.

😄 😄 😄 Wait, you're serious? Pirated copies do no count as market share and yes everyone who is buying new games and HW has the money for Windows license. This is child's excuse and I'll just leave it at that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

36 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

😄 😄 😄 Wait, you're serious? Pirated copies do no count as market share and yes everyone who is buying new games and HW has the money for Windows license. This is child's excuse and I'll just leave it at that. 

Awful lot of assumptions on your part, but as you said. Let's leave it at that.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:16 AM, 'AZAZEL' said:

Just gonna leave this here... all the current updates and changes are moot if people cannot even play the game.

This is incredibly comical. A few things:

• If these developers are so good, why don't they just create a new game from scratch instead of trying to get source code for decade+ old engine?
  • In what world do you think Bohemia is going to give up their code?
  • Do you really think any self-respecting game company would ignore a huge security vulnerability on purpose?

I would imagine that if these third party devs were so good at what they did, they would have the skills to create a new game from scratch. And not only that, but Bohemia would've patched it with their fix. And beyond that, it would mean the team at Bohemia is so incompetent is isn't even funny.

Nice try. Stop kicking a dead horse and go make your own game if you think you can do better. And I'm not saying that to be mean, I genuinely mean it. Go make a better game if you think you can fix theirs, why not? You only stand to make money and have an amazing game if you succeed.

Edited by Dark-ad4b035dd13e527b
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Yes they do, microsoft could do a lot more to make piracy of windows much harder than it is. Since they don't it means they tolerate piracy just enough not to fight it too hard and stop people from going for other OS. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Yes they do, microsoft could do a lot more to make piracy of windows much harder than it is. Since they don't it means they tolerate piracy just enough not to fight it too hard and stop people from going for other OS. 

Exactly this.

Microsoft would gain nothing by making piracy harder/impossible.
They would lose money on 2 sides: anti-piracy investments and people leaving Windows for other alternatives (Linux)

Big money lies in businesses, not in ordinary people's personal computers. That's why I gave WinRAR as an example.
Businesses aren't allowed to use pirated copies, so they make a ton of money that way, and keep market dominance because of ordinary users (pirated or not).

Edit: if they suddenly made piracy impossible, I would just move to Linux and that's it. As I'm sure a lot of people would too, and if there's a big demand, more software will be developed for Linux, thus making it more accessible for more people... and the loop continues.

Edited by DefectiveWater

8 hours ago, Derleth said:

Nope, if the previous windows license is valid there will be no such thing.

Interesting,  I kind of wish that I had an old system to try that out on.  The wording that I read at Microsoft says that for the tool to work (consumer created thumb drive installer of win10) that you need to purchase Windows 10.

In my opinion, people who exploit, cheat, scam, and find workarounds to obtaining software legitimately are weak and lazy.  "They aren't hurting" is the battle cry for people that don't understand how business works, or are too poor to be buying video games in the first place.

55 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Big money lies in businesses, not in ordinary people's personal computers.

lol.  Like this perfect example.

As William said,  "childish" is pretty spot on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Parazight said:

or are too poor to be buying video games in the first place.

A boat load of gatekeeping in this thread... Who are you to say who spends money on what?
You can't afford spending 140 USD on Windows license, so clearly you are too poor to buy a 30 USD game so don't play games /s

I'll stop with this and I hope you guys will stop too since this is 1.16 expy thread.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, General Zod said:

Yea right.  Go do some research, like when Bill Gates bailed out Steve Jobs so that Apple wouldn't collapse.   Microsoft is so far ahead.  The only fear is that they become a monopoly and face severe government restrictions.  

Microsoft is 100% not worried about Linux.   lolwut.  It IS unreasonable to let people just get away with piracy.  Principles DO matter.

4 hours ago, Dark-ad4b035dd13e527b said:
  • If these developers are so good, why don't they just create a new game from scratch instead of trying to get source code for decade+ old engine?

Nobody has said that they know how to build a new game. Fixing existing code is easier than doing something from scratch... and nobody would want to migrate to a new game anyways as long as dayz stands.

• In what world do you think Bohemia is going to give up their code?

I highly doubt that they will, but those people can still try... doesn't hurt to ask.

• Do you really think any self-respecting game company would ignore a huge security vulnerability on purpose? 

Well yes. Has happened before in other games and this particular vulnerability has been existing for over a year now in dayz.

• I would imagine that if these third party devs were so good at what they did, they would have the skills to create a new game from scratch.

Again, nobody is talking about creating a new game, but fixing an existing code. Apples and oranges.

• Nice try. Stop kicking a dead horse and go make your own game if you think you can do better. And I'm not saying that to be mean, I genuinely mean it. Go make a better game if you think you can fix theirs, why not? You only stand to make money and have an amazing game if you succeed. 

You need to cope harder than that.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

The cars are a big issue. They make for great content but I have had at least 2 friends stop playing from the rocket bug. All we want to do is vroom vroom not get one tapped from 200M away with a scorpion. MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT THOUGH are these damn hackers. These guys make you look incompetent. Scene: you're at your base that took you actual weeks to build and stock with all your goodies. You're safe behind the walls, or so you thought. BAM out of nowhere YOU ARE DEAD. What? How?? Ok, cool I guess I'll just F$%# myself then. Respawn. Oh look I got a good spawn (for once) lets just head over this way because I know this town like the back of m- YOU ARE DEAD. WTF???? I just spawned?! I TOOK 5 STEPS!! This goes on for weeks before these sweaty basement dwellers get bored and leave. 

TLDR:

CARS, STOP HACKERS

10 hours ago, General Zod said:

I'm sure they could do more, but unsurprisingly everything costs resources and after certain point the returns diminish rapidly. Hence, why cheating in games is such a rampant problem and why developers sometimes must take stupid measures, e.g. moving cars to server instead of client. But as we can clearly see even in the case of DayZ, it all costs something and in this particular case we, legitimate users and customers, very much do not like the cost. 

Even these days thanks to protection like Denuvo, the stereotype that pirated copy of a game is easier to run than a legally bought one is still alive. Because in a lot of the cases it is, due to the cost. Not just cost to the developer but cost to the user. 

So here we are, wondering when will flying cars be fixed and why is that so "difficult"?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Parazight said:

Interesting,  I kind of wish that I had an old system to try that out on.  The wording that I read at Microsoft says that for the tool to work (consumer created thumb drive installer of win10) that you need to purchase Windows 10.

Over the last couple of years I have upgraded five or six older PC:s, they had various older Windows licenses (Vista, 7, and 8) and all I had to do was enter the license key from the old one when installing W10. Never had to pay, and the result is an activated W10 license.

• Like 1

PC Experimental 1.16 Update 2 - Version 1.16.154501 (Released on 03.02.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Bizon ironsights were disabled while having the PSO-1-1 Scope attached
  • The camera focus would glitch during certain actions (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160921)
  • Melee attacks would in some cases rotate the player to the side

CHANGED

• Tweaked the muzzle velocity of the Bizon

MODDING

• Fixed: CARFLUID_USER{N} can have capacity setup via config property

KNOWN ISSUES

• Fully consuming an item assigned to the quick bar while the quickbar is hidden might cause a bug with the quick bar
  • Issue with attaching an items from hands with an item in the shoulder slots
  • Alarm clock animations are not complete
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Hopefully soon we'll see some basebuilding updates. It's just not worth to build a base nowadays.

• Like 4

could the survivors FIND a proper codelock, like the four digit keypad in the mods, perhaps there could be some around Chernarus when the outbreak started?

can we make craft-able LOCKERS, like those in stores and barracks with fully outfit capabilities. or just some rustic armoire or box with clothes hooks?

gunrack?

all in vanilla and official servers please

the problem with modded servers is tons of silly camo clothes and tons of variants of m4's and ak's