lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.16 (Change Log)

41 minutes ago, nemorus said:

All these things could be done in a week or so, especially when the staff is on payroll. How many people actually work on this title? Ah, sure, you don't bother yourself with responding to some randoms.

I'm pretty sure DayZ has as small skeleton crew as possible, just enough to make few minor fixes in each patch and throw in a new gun to give an impression that something is being done. 

Just now, KommanderWar-94971bcb672f9055 said:

about 2 months ago they confirmed that there were 8 people working on the game, they said they were hiring, but they probably only hired 1 animator so there are 9 people hahaha

I feel sorry for people who buy this game now for the full price. This is a joke for a game that needs so much more work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does the cfggameplay.json file work for Linux? It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running ubuntu 20.04.3 Thanks

Yes I added enableCfgGameplayFile = 1; in serverDZ.cfg

• Beans 1

Thanks a lot for making it available for linux!!!. Now I'm waiting for community servers to be available as well please. My nearest official server is in Brasil and I keep getting kicked due to ping issues.

3 hours ago, nemorus said:

All these things could be done in a week or so, especially when the staff is on payroll. How many people actually work on this title? Ah, sure, you don't bother yourself with responding to some randoms.

Excellent! it sounds like you an an expert Enfusion developer and can fix all the issues with DayZ in one week! Please do so. Complaining is one thing, but claiming it can all be fixed in a week is ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Excellent! it sounds like you an an expert Enfusion developer and can fix all the issues with DayZ in one week! Please do so. Complaining is one thing, but claiming it can all be fixed in a week is ridiculous. 

Maybe not all, mr. exaggerator, but the ones i've seen posted in the very first message here, sure. And let me tell you that even 7 days is too long for that. Especially if you're paid to maintain the damn thing. I'm hearing all the laughing of administrators of private servers how fast is to fix certain things. Things that are ANNOYING us for years now. And here i see people who clap on every little occasion. Don't you understand that this title does not have much time left? The longer it takes to fix it the bigger the chance it will never get fixed. People are now making petitions and all - almost begging for simple answers. Are we nothing in the eyes of the people who sell junk with straight face?

16 hours ago, Pinneddown said:

Aaaand still nothing new about vehicle physics. Back to other games, comforting to see you never stop disappoininting BI, some things never change as they say!

Yeah, this game is advancing so slow compared to other games it will literally never get any major changes like this. I am going to stop checking what the new update is now because it is waste of my time.

CHANGED

Increased the threshold for terrain clipping, allowing easier placement of base building objects on the ground

What does it mean? Has anyone already investigated this change?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nemorus said:

Maybe not all, mr. exaggerator, but the ones i've seen posted in the very first message here, sure. And let me tell you that even 7 days is too long for that. Especially if you're paid to maintain the damn thing. I'm hearing all the laughing of administrators of private servers how fast is to fix certain things. Things that are ANNOYING us for years now. And here i see people who clap on every little occasion. Don't you understand that this title does not have much time left? The longer it takes to fix it the bigger the chance it will never get fixed. People are now making petitions and all - almost begging for simple answers. Are we nothing in the eyes of the people who sell junk with straight face?

Hi, please note that changing things as a server administrator is very different from actually coding the game.
But yes, we are still hiring, so please, If you are an experienced developer, we would love to see you apply!  ❤️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Work for what? For a company that can't do job done in 9 years? Obviously it's not a problem with programming but with people, probably at the very top. Who would want to work in such environment? I wouldn't. For it's a waste of time that puts a blemish on ones career. "DayZ" is just a little side project but if its screwed so badly than what about different things? The ones that matter. That would be dangerous. You're standing today before all this mess you people created. Don't ask other people to clean it up for you. Or hire mercenaries if that's what it takes.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, nemorus said:

And why are you so certain it took them longer? Looking at the date, this looks like the result of first sprint of the year. 

If so, then it's a shot schedule that tells them what to do. Another leash served upon everyone really.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nemorus said:

Work for what? For a company that can't do job done in 9 years? Obviously it's not a problem with programming but with people, probably at the very top. Who would want to work in such environment? I wouldn't. For it's a waste of time that puts a blemish on ones career. "DayZ" is just a little side project but if its screwed so badly than what about different things? The ones that matter. That would be dangerous. You're standing today before all this mess you people created. Don't ask other people to clean it up for you. Or hire mercenaries if that's what it takes.

im amazed every update by the reactions of people. 8 (?) people working on this - on a half baked hybrid engine - im surprised the game runs so good under this circumstances - and this few devs pushing out updates like every 3 months; releasing fixes, adjustments and adding some content every time. if a game makes u so mad, u should probably stop playing it by now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

Yes, you're amazed for scraps. You sir will eat anything they gave you - even if it gives you a bad stomach as a result. And you will still be grateful. This product costs usually 40 dollars - it's not a charity. It's business, it's money. I'm absolutely certain that you would refund a product thats faulty and for which you paid in full. But for some reason games are different. Too many people think that way - and so we have a swiss cheese here - because devs are also knowing that majority DON'T CARE.

3 hours ago, etwas said:

im amazed every update by the reactions of people. 8 (?) people working on this - on a half baked hybrid engine - im surprised the game runs so good under this circumstances - and this few devs pushing out updates like every 3 months; releasing fixes, adjustments and adding some content every time. if a game makes u so mad, u should probably stop playing it by now.

What you need to consider, is that these small fixes are just for the vanilla game ... most of us play on modded, community servers where 90% of these things have been implemented already many years ago, also the owners/devs can make similar changes and adjustments within hours.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 1

• Disabled leaning while sprinting

So this is really needed after 10 years? But fixing major exploit in the game engine isnt needed? Its been years and years and I still can't fucking understand this development team

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

As far as cars, I've discovered that a vanilla server med pop the cars are fine. I have really no issues except maybe a bit of lag here and there which is fine if I'm not driving 100KM/h.  On a heavily modded server with all the things that make cars work turned off collisions, clipping, etc then the cars are laggy, bouncy and generally not good. In my experience. Is this assessment correct?

• Beans 1

16 hours ago, nemorus said:

" how fast is to fix certain things"! Again, dayz is practically an open platform. Create a mod or post the fix. I completely understand this title is far closer to the end than the beginning and it has very few resources dedicated to it.  I'm also a software developer (not a game developer) but I can appreciate that anyone who isn't part of the team, the company, the process and who doesn't have knowledge of the whole environment can't sit there and say anything is "easy to fix".  Where is your easy fix? please post it. 

people are making petitions for security issues. I'm familiar with the problem, but I don't know enough about the server + engine to sit here and propose a solution. And while I want a solution to this security issue, PC is an open platform, so there's always another hacker around the corner.

• Beans 1

20 hours ago, nemorus said:

Lol this patch in a week... This, and considering your other posts, show you have no idea about game development 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Pls FIX Restart Linux Version

Linux
dayzz@.......:~$ ./dayzserver stop
[] Stopping Server graceful: 30 seconds
[] Stopping Server graceful failed. Stop Signal.
Terminated

17 minutes ago, UrBeX-GuRux3.de said:

Pls FIX Restart Linux Version

Linux
dayzz@.......:~$ ./dayzserver stop
[] Stopping Server graceful: 30 seconds
[] Stopping Server graceful failed. Stop Signal.
Terminated

That is a custom script, you should talk to the guy who made it or change the 30 secs to something like 60s

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

Lol this patch in a week... This, and considering your other posts, show you have no idea about game development 

It seems that you're already accustomed to certain ways of developing. You have NO IDEA how progress works. Some people are like that - will take scraps, never aim for anything better. And that's precisely why current market is full of tombstones and sentiments.

Jesus... Each time is the same story. You see a problem and have a nerve to point it out. And what do you get? Bunch of blind fanboys with their "you have no idea, buhuhu!". Yeah, sure.

Edited by nemorus
/
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1