themightylc

Vomiting after being force-fed human meat should avoid getting Kuru

I do not know how difficult this is to implement, but i think it would be very good for the game's balance.

If a survivor was held up by a group and force-fed meat, they should have the chance to avoid getting the disease by forcefully emptying their stomach.

The disease has an incubation time anyway, but it should be a little longer for this.

It would add some depth to the mechanic by giving the victim a fighting chance or otherwise force the perps to wait out the incubation time.

• Like 1

I like the idea, also there should probably be some indication when someone is feeding you.

There shouldn't be Kuru at all.  The laughing nonsense as a result of kuru was discovered after a ton of research.  The research concluded that people were getting 'the laughs' because of cultural traditions of indigenous people eating the brains of dead family members.  It took decades for the folded prions to procure the laughing.   There is no way, in real life, that a person would start getting these in-game symptoms as a result of eating human meat.  The idea is quite ridiculous and not authentic.

If anything, the laughs should last an hour.  Eating human meat in game is a death sentence.  No one decides to not kill themselves as a result.  It's just not worth it.

• Like 1

Yeah well they don't want players to stop hunting chickens and fishing. Simply because each spawnpoints visit would look the same: people killing people for food. Currently people kill people for cans and laughs which is slightly more. It would be GREAT not to have boring stuff like kuru but this should only be an option for admins to use. It needs certain setting, not vanilla.

I agree.  Kuru would be just fine as a mod and not in vanilla.

These are all terrible suggestions KEEP THE KURU if anything give MORE symptoms, it is a fun idea! 

• Like 1

I guess as a game mechanic it kinda works. It's obviously designed as a deterrent to cannabalism. I recall on the mod where bandit and hero skins were used based on killing people or helping people. I'd like some sort of reward/punishment system, but something maybe not so obvious. 

• Like 1

We don't really need rewards and punishments for moral choices in the game, in my opinion.  Why start now?  It's not like there's repercussions anyway.

Okay, your new player friend put some fat in the food stash.  Maybe he found it.  You ate it by accident because maybe you thought you had put it there earlier.   But you ate it.  Now you have to commit suicide because it's the logical thing to do.   Who goes on playing with that? 

• Like 1

Can you feed somebody human meat even while they are facing you with their back? Cause if so, that's dumb.

But, I think finding food is easy as is.
I don't mind the kuru the way it is now, but I would like if they made you get less nutrition from regular foods if you have kuru, but eating human meat should stop the laughs for a certain amount of time depending on how much you ate.

This way it offers more mechanics and makes a cannibal playstyle a possibility.
Maybe cooked/boiled human meat should have a much lower chance of catching kuru... idk.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Yesterday I went on a high pop official server and decided to see what kuru does to the character since I've never had it before. I ate 6 human steaks, 5 cooked and 1 raw (left my victims back pack full of cooked human fat lying in the nearby house for unsuspecting hungry survivor). I had charcoal tablets to help with food poisoning but as of now no new corona virus appeared. I didn't stay on the server for long, but is there a incubation period for kuru or am I missing something ? 

2 hours ago, General Zod said:

but is there a incubation period for kuru or am I missing something ? 

I think there is, not sure how long, but from what I remember could be up to 15-30 minutes.

On 1/25/2022 at 3:35 PM, Parazight said:

Who goes on playing with that? 

People who like playing as cannibals I suppose. 🤭
I haven't given it an honest try yet; doesn't appeal to me at all. 🤢
I know quite a few sick puppies though who would enjoy it immensely and be highly entertained by the random bouts of crying and laughter. 🙄

Would be fun if you could suppress the kuru laughs somehow, with vodka or weed or some new medication. Then you'd need to be be supicious of ppl constantly drunk, but it would be possible to keep playing a character who has kuru...

• Like 1

Ok so I got punched to death by two freshies who said they were friendly before I got syptoms, unfortunately for them I had three portions of human fat in my backpack and before I died I heard their stomach rumble. Suck on that bitches. I managed to give it another go and started to laugh randomly. Is the info I fund on google correct and kuru itself isn't fatal ? 

8 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Is the info I fund on google correct and kuru itself isn't fatal ? 

From what I know kuru in the game won't kill you... other players might though.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

From what I know kuru in the game won't kill you... other players might though.

That's a bit disappointing,  but what I'm going to do from now on is carry a bit of cooked human fat on my character at all time. Should someone kill me it shall be my vengeance from a grave. 

• Haha 1