Sign in to follow this  
GigiGamer87

New engine

DayZ will be involved in this new engine and so revamped

No.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Money is the one thing - the other is fame. "DayZ" is known as a never ending alpha/beta. So what if it's already 1.15? This game has still not resolved issues from years ago. It takes forever to get a decent update. It has a bad name because of all that. It's very hard to change peoples minds when they're set on something. They need a new title then - to cover all that blemish. Or so they might think... In my opinion it's a good game that lacks care and features - but that won't change anything.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering the same thing.

It will be cool to have more information from Bohemia on this topic.

Have a nice day.

• Beans 1

My guess is at most we might get a bit of graphical overhaul, but even that is a stretch.
It makes more sense to me to make DayZ 2 than to update DayZ itself.

All we know for 2022 is this:
1.16 will be stability update/ game "health" update mostly with server fixes? bug fixes?  And we will probably get a new gun/weapon/clothing whatever asset.
Depending on how good it ends up it will give them more room to do other things and add more features and thingies in the future.
Livonia update is also planned.

And apparently they also expect 5 updates this year, maybe more depending how the team expansion goes.

Edited by DefectiveWater

The one major delay in getting DayZ out of beta was the new engine. I think we will see DayZ fully utilizing Enfusion quicker that people think.

Take a look at the July 2019 status report for history on this, specifically the response from the dev's on the reaction to that update.

Are we going to get another interview with Filip Doksansky?   Is he going to answer a bunch of worthless questions again including how we can't compare Enfusion to other engines?   Or maybe we can  get a worthwhile interview that discusses actual marketing, growth, and how they're going to avoid all of those mistakes they made with DayZ.  We need an interview about the new engine that looks at the company through a lens that identifies good business models, not technical potential.

Here is the video. Please do not make a 2022 version of this interview.   Please give us worthwhile information.

Thanks a lot emily125, you are really helping. Bye bye little bot without any brain ;)

Okay, Bohemia somehow answered the question in their FAQ: https://enfusionengine.com/

Wasn't Enfusion already used in Dayz ?

DayZ was indeed the first game we built with parts of the Enfusion engine - specifically with earlier versions of the Enfusion renderer (the software that draws all the graphics), as well as the Enfusion animation system and the Enforce scripting language.

At the time of DayZ's launch out of Early Access, however, many things were still missing to make the engine package complete, particularly some of the tools necessary for building game worlds and creating game assets. That’s why DayZ remained a hybrid of old and new technology.

Games created with Enfusion in the future will not contain any legacy technology modules and will be built on a standalone branch of the new and significantly more developed Enfusion Engine.

So I think, this must be a no. :(

Hope you guys are right about a DayZ 2, we can still dream out loud.

Cheers.

Hey. Go look at all of the job openings available at BI right now. Then do some research regarding the overall lack of skilled developers in the market.  While you’re at it, browse the history of developers who have quit BI. Finally, look at the great decision making done by Spanel.