Kyiara

Update 1.15 Xbox Experimental (Change Log)

Xbox Experimental Update 1.15 - Version 1.15.154300 (Released on 04.11.2021)

NOTES

GAME

ADDED

• AUR A1 assault rifle
  • AUR AX assault rifle
  • 30rd AUR magazine
  • Hunter vest
  • UI indicator when being hit
  • Craftable barbed wire baseball bat
  • Craftable Sawed-off LE-MAS
  • New female survivor
  • Sounds for switching the fire mode of a firearm
  • Day-time setting for night vision optics
  • Metal wire can now be crafted out of barbed wire

FIXED

• Fixed: "Open store" option for the Livonia DLC was stuck after entering the settings menu
  • Ski masks and balaclavas would clip with several pieces of headgear
  • Fixed a server error caused by specific attachment slots
  • Electric appliances would always make plug-in sounds when the user was connecting to the server (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159441)
  • The sawed-off version of the BK-43 had wrong fire mode names
  • Added a missing bed in the big yellow medical tent
  • Fixed bad collisions in the yellow medical tents
  • A killed chicken couldn't be picked up properly in all cases
  • The fishing hook was not visible on the boonie hat on the ground
  • If a player died while in surrender stance, the death animation was played twice
  • Base building parts could become indestructible under specific circumstances
  • The CR-75 could not be damaged by gunfire
  • Small items could not be picked up from specific positions in car wrecks (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160968https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161261)
  • Livonia bunkers were missing textures of fallen leaves

CHANGED

• Grenades can't be pinned anymore, once the fuse has started
  • Adjusted the thresholds for energy and hydration levels
  • Food now takes longer to process in the stomach
  • Slightly reduced the health damage caused by dehydration and starvation
  • Adjusted weapon fire rates and recoil
  • Added new variants of muzzle flash for more variety
  • Secondary cooking processes were adjusted to not ruin the food in all cases (e.g. boiling already boiled food)
  • Changed the weight of tents to be more realistic
  • Head torches now count as eye-wear so they can be worn with other types of head gear
  • Removed ghillie wrap attachment slot from the sawed-off BK-43
  • It is now possible to craft rags using the shovel or farming hoe
  • Bushes drop more long sticks instead of short sticks
  • Dry bags can now be repaired with the tire repair kit (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161090)
  • Removed grenade armor and cut protection from the high capacity vest
  • Unconsciousness caused by firearms lasts longer
  • Reduced the inventory size of the carp fillet from 2x3 to 1x3

CENTRAL ECONOMY

• Fixed: Infected weren't spawning at the Balota air field and military area
  • Fixed: Position of some loot spawn points on the western helicopter crash site
  • Fixed: Incorrect loot spawn points of Land_HouseBlock_2F1
  • Fixed: Incorrect loot spawn points of Land_House_2W01
  • Fixed: Livonia CE tiers 1 and 2 were mixed together (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161247)

SERVER

KNOWN ISSUES

• Road flares and torches are missing their particle effects
  • AUR rifles might miss certain sounds

Xbox Experimental 1.15 Update 2 - Version 1.15.154315 (Released on 11.11.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a server error related to particles
  • The LE-MAS and sawed-off LE-MAS were missing their sounds for shooting when not chambered in prone stance
  • The AUR rifles were missing their sounds for shooting when not chambered
  • Bad sounds when shooting with the standardized suppressor on the AUR AX
  • No sounds when unjamming the AUR rifles
  • Bleeding sources were still displayed in the inventory view, even if the wound was bandaged already
  • Directional hit indication was not present in prone stance
  • The ejection cover of the LE-MAS rifle clipped through the gun when chambering a round
  • Torches and road flares were missing their particles
  • Slicing rotten pumpkin produced raw pumpkin slices

CHANGED

• Increased the volume of the LE-MAS reload sounds to make it more audible

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xbox Experimental 1.15 Update 3 - Version 1.15.154337 (Released on 19.11.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Focus was lost in the inventory when navigating through the inventory of an infected
  • Charcoal tablets were functioning only for a very short time
  • The fishing rod was not animated properly when deployed
  • AUR variants had the same barrel length
  • CR-61 had missing muzzle flash particles at the start of shooting
  • It was not possible to switch on the flashlight when attached to a helmet
  • There was no sound when unloading a magazine from AUR rifles

CHANGED

• Adjusted attachment conditions for head gear, glasses, head straps and masks to make equipping more consistent
  • Closed containers won't show their cargo space anymore
  • Increased water and energy consumption (still non-linear in nature)
  • Further increased time it takes the stomach to process its contents
  • Adjusted the size of the inner circle of the AUR A1 reticle to match person at 300 meters
  • Splash hit effect iteration (more subtle, slightly bigger, and less accurate)
  • Legacy red overlay hit effect disabled (still possible to enable it through the configuration)
  • Increased volume of reload sounds of AUR rifles
  • An empty fireplace (with no attachments) would not destroy itself if it had cargo (now results in dropping items on the ground)

SERVER

• Added: Configuration for the onscreen directional effects into the server-side gameplay settings
  • Added: More types of onscreen directional indicators (available through the server-side gameplay settings)
  • Like 2

Guys. Really guys - while I think everything else in the patch notes is nice - that you choose to add another assault rifle is simply ridiculous. In two variants even. Where's the Longhorn? The P1? The Red-9, Trumpet, Rak, Pistol-grip BK133, deringer? Where's the fudging bow and crossbow?

Okay, I understand these new rifles are basically effortless content since they allegedly trickle down from the still unnamed Enfusion title, but please - DayZ does not need more assault rifles. It needs more variety and smoother progression in the low tier game. 

Gods, this made me really, really disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

Love the game, been playing since release on Xbox. I've got so many people into this game. Why why why are we adding more weapons when you are still unable to build a base unless it's in a house, barn or city. You will spend days trying to get a base to connect/close building in the woods. So frustrating to spend all that time collecting materials and building/rebuilding just to not be able to. Even though no slope exists. Smh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds great! Can't wait for stable.

4 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Added: cfggameplay.json for configuring several gameplay elements (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=DayZ:Gameplay_Settings)

So this also means server owners can configure disableIsPlacementPermittedCheck etc right? Disabling all of that building and placement restrictions is a must on official servers too imo.

• Like 1

Base building and raiding system further development would be nice. New tools for raiding, Gate/door rams made of wooden logs manned by 2 players, working chainsaw, craftable explosives, 5 digit locks, craftable sound alarm system's for base securing. New structures to build and enable setting fence kits in more place's as its very limited for now. For more content i would greatly appreciate new Civilian clothing pieces, new army uniforms with different camo version's and ability to spray our equipment with spray paint can's. Thx. Love this game 💯

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KoS_Girth said:

Love the game, been playing since release on Xbox. I've got so many people into this game. Why why why are we adding more weapons when you are still unable to build a base unless it's in a house, barn or city. You will spend days trying to get a base to connect/close building in the woods. So frustrating to spend all that time collecting materials and building/rebuilding just to not be able to. Even though no slope exists. Smh

you need to read this - Added: cfggameplay.json for configuring several gameplay elements (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=DayZ:Gameplay_Settings)

• Like 1

Greetings!

Do you know when will the zombies have human voices? Is it still relevant ? It would make the atmosphere much more immersive.

I play on the series s xbox and my game runs smooth and fine but it does crash while driving. Meaning, the game will freeze and crash to the home screen. Once I log back in the car will have broken parts even though it didn't hit anything.. Even if I am not driving the game crashes once every 2 hours or so. My friend never has crashing issues and he plays on the original xbox one. 

I love this game and you guys have really been on top of things.

I realize Dayz is a complicated game system but base building needs more work and snow with white camo would be great. Also bows and crossbows. A graphic overhaul needs to be worked on with a next gen update.

Thanks Devs for the great work please keep the updates coming.

I would like to say i can not wait for this update to drop on stable! with us being able to get access to these new files we are going to be able to make our servers even more unique. I would also like to add and agree with other people we do not need any more guns!! Some different stuff like bows, push bikes, some wore work on the building section would make really add more to the game than another gun. 

Keep up the great work

tracks, player tracks, car tracks, animal tracks, zombie tracks

tracks in snow/mud deeper/more visible.

tracks decay fastest in grass, slower in dirt, slower in mud, faster with rain/snow/wind.

Substrate - track visibility, track decay, track identification:

Bare dirt - moderate, slow, easy.

Short grass - high, rapid, moderate.

Tall grass - high, moderate, difficult.

Snow - high, slow, high.

Mud - high, slow, moderate.

Sand - high, fast, difficult.

Leaves - moderate, moderate, difficult.

Pavement/rock - very low, slow, very difficult.

Track maker - visibility modifier, decay modifier, identification modifier.

Barefoot - less, faster, easier.

Animal - less, none, easier.

Light shoe - 

You get the idea...

This will take the game to an entirely new level. 

Any update is very much welcomed. My friends n I all love the updates no matter how big or small. 

8 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

you need to read this - Added: cfggameplay.json for configuring several gameplay elements (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=DayZ:Gameplay_Settings)

I play community. I'm not into modding/modded servers. 

8 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I just don't see how the base building is so basic and minimal. Like there should be hatches for the watchtowers. Should be able to close off a watch tower. Create a foundation so you can build without spending hours trying every angle because of a slight slope. 95% of the chernaraus map outside of cities and buildings is unable to be built on. 

Edited by KoS_Girth
Editing last response

Suggestion for the hit indicator:

Normal hits should be black/darker.
Hits that make you bleed should have a bleeding indication.

Hopefully with enough onscreen feedback we can move from having HUD always visible to it being dynamic/non-existant. Would make the game more immersive.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Be nice to have an option to build a solid floor in a watch tower and select the rotation of the stairs as well as make it more accessible to build in the Forrest, takes for ever to try placing fence kits to make a compound around the base. We don't need more weapon don't need more weapon options just attend to the base building that would be great. 

Very nice server settings changes, love the object spawner and weather editions, and the build anywhere mod on Console, amazing. Good work guys.

Would love to see some more logs be printed in the ADM files, things like "Player(pos=>location) has entered Drivers Seat of VehicleCivilianSedan.", "Player(pos=>location) has exited of VehicleCivilianSedan.", "Player(pos=>location) opened combination lock.", "Player(pos=>location) HP: [playerhp] crashed vehicle HP: [engineHP]."

I run a PVE server with a fair amount of rules. I use my custom node js bot to automatically punish or reward people based on what the logs prints. A more detailed log would be incredible, but you guys are killing it with these new updates!

Edited by BrandonxDx

Awesome update everyone at Bohemia,

I have a Linux install of the experimental server (running great btw, should absolutely look to release official build, a lot of money to be saved on licensing etc.)

I have tried to experiment with the cfggameplay.json, looks like the file is not being read by the game at the moment, even  with the  "enableCfgGameplayFile = 1;" inside my server.cfg file.

Is this file not modifiable yet ? Eager to experiment :) 

17 hours ago, KoS_Girth said:

I just don't see how the base building is so basic and minimal. Like there should be hatches for the watchtowers. Should be able to close off a watch tower. Create a foundation so you can build without spending hours trying every angle because of a slight slope. 95% of the chernaraus map outside of cities and buildings is unable to be built on. 

IMO, DayZ just isn't a base-building game. IIt never was back in the a2:dayzmod days either and sa has about the same constructs. Once you start adding more complex base building, players are going to want raid times, unraidable bases, sleeping bag base spawns codelocks, cement walls, multi-story and all sorts of other things that are either impractical or just too permanent. dayz is always temporary. base building is something todo, but it's not supposed to last.

So I'm not a DayZ Vet but I have played for a decent length of time. Loved the game from when I started playing, then after a while I noticed the faults. Building IMO (coming from games like Fallout 4) is in dire need of attention. I hope that with the new clipping disabled codes it helps a lot especially the terrain one, so this may make building out in the forest a lot easier.

I don't really think we needed two new AS especially ones that fire the same rounds...again... the implications to the M4 in 1.15 are far too much. It definitely needs to be put back to 1.14 as far as the M4 is concerned.

In coming updates I'd like to see the M249 SAW fixed.

More storage options such as lockers, gun rack. Even just a craftable one would be so much better.

Maybe a 1 man 100 slot Tent that rolls up and attaches to the bottom of the backpack.

Better building options like a smaller fence/gate kit to block off 1 normal sized door so when your boarding a house up its easier to block the doors and windows.

• Like 1

From what I've played, the combat is very good. Zombies seem to be super alert now and I like it. However, I think the directional hit markers are silly at best and terribly arcade at worst. I also am disappointed to see the M4 getting higher rate of fire and what looks like significantly easier recoil. Adding new assault weapons is great and all, but I'm really missing the red 9 and more of those special zany guns listed a few posts above. PvP-based changes always make me nervous because what makes this game special, not like any other game, to me, is the survival aspect of it. Many of my friends get much more immersed and invested in their characters when there's a legit struggle to survive. If we wanted a high speed hardcore shooter we've got plenty of options. DayZ's something else.

• Thanks 2

Would you please add the "toggle VOIP option by double tapping d-pad down" on xbox (it works PS4/5 since day one)... It's so annoying and uncomfortable to hold down the d-pad when interacting with other players!

And don't forget to address the lighting issues when zoomed in (a real game breaker imo).

TY

• Beans 2

Xbox Experimental 1.15 Update 2 - Version 1.15.154315 (Released on 11.11.2021)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a server error related to particles
  • The LE-MAS and sawed-off LE-MAS were missing their sounds for shooting when not chambered in prone stance
  • The AUR rifles were missing their sounds for shooting when not chambered
  • Bad sounds when shooting with the standardized suppressor on the AUR AX
  • No sounds when unjamming the AUR rifles
  • Bleeding sources were still displayed in the inventory view, even if the wound was bandaged already
  • Directional hit indication was not present in prone stance
  • The ejection cover of the LE-MAS rifle clipped through the gun when chambering a round
  • Torches and road flares were missing their particles
  • Slicing rotten pumpkin produced raw pumpkin slices

CHANGED

• Increased the volume of the LE-MAS reload sounds to make it more audible