Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.15 (Changelog)

Base building needs more placement versatility (sensible clipping),  half walls and optional half gates (width-wise), double walls (height-wise), gates that open in the opposite direction, and tiny windows in walls to shoot out of.

A cabin rope kit. Perhaps the cabin wall would be made from wooden logs instead of planks? Walls of cabin would be three times as durable as a base wall. Door would have same hit points as a base wall. A stone fireplace. Similar roof as the watch tower, or made with tarp, or something else.

• Like 3

And in full honesty, I am so excited that the ski mask won’t be clipping through my ushanka anymore that I almost don’t give a $#@T about the hit marker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

genuine feedback: the hit indicators are awful and should be completely removed, not iterated or improved -- just completely removed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

All the items in the CHANGED section for this patch look very good!! Especially the food/water thresholds and damage reduction.  Would really love to see more stages of starvation with weakness and reduced hit points and mobility. Also a massive cut to available food sources.

We need to be able to use the axe to cut bark off trees. Why I not know how to do?

And bows. With arrows.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
Clarity.
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

I'm on mobile so excuse my formatting, but I'm fairly sure M4 rate of fire is correct.

Saiga is probably close to being correct, but not sure.

The only questionable things might be recoil, but this is experimental for a reason.

M4A1 seems about 900 rpm. I'm not downloading experimental right now to check the exact figure. Probably reloadTime .066 or .067. I think it's a bit fast. The official rate of fire is "700-950 rpm".  But more typical would be around 750-800 (.075-.08). In other words slow it down by 10-15%.

Saiga is going around 450 rpm. Looked at some videos, seems most are around 500. Some a lot faster. The real rate of fire should be semi-auto, as Saiga doesn't offer a select-fire version. Those are custom creations by Americans.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

It's not a hitmarker but a directional damage indicator.
Makes some sense tbh, if you get hit you would know from which direction you got hit.

Now... I hope it doesn't show the direction of the shooter but the direction of the damage taken compared to the center of the body.
To explain this further: get shot in right arm, indicator on right. Get shot in the front part of the torso, indicator on the top.

Didn't get shot yet, so idk how it works for getting shot. Zombies cause blood splashed at the approximate direction of the hit.

I absolutely hate this addition. It takes aware the need to learn good situational awareness in the game. It's like an arcade game feature and doesn't have a place here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Kyiara said:
  • UI indicator when being hit

And in the next patch we're going to get floating damage numbers? Just WHY? This not only looks terrible, really it's another effect in the game that makes it look like early 2000's game, but what is the point? Player knows exactly when they are hit, there is both visual and auditory feedback for that already. This clutters the screen and in terms of damage assessment does not provide any additional info. Because again, the severity of incoming damage is already indicated by cuts and screen blackouts.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, -Gews- said:

M4A1 seems about 900 rpm. I'm not downloading experimental right now to check the exact figure. Probably reloadTime .066 or .067. I think it's a bit fast. The official rate of fire is "700-950 rpm".  But more typical would be around 750-800 (.075-.08). In other words slow it down by 10-15%.

Saiga is going around 450 rpm. Looked at some videos, seems most are around 500. Some a lot faster. The real rate of fire should be semi-auto, as Saiga doesn't offer a select-fire version. Those are custom creations by Americans.

Would it work properly if it's set at 750-800 RPM (.075-.08)? Asking cuz their response was this, only multiples of 0.033

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161727
Still I think it's more fitting to have it at 900 RPM than 600, but yeah. Slightly too fast.

Now I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but I get the feel that it wouldn't work properly.
Wish more guns had distinct and authentic rate of fires.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 1

11 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

Serious question.

Have the person who change the RPM rates on same guns more then 5 hours in this game?
Is this a experienced player , or something ?

Or is this,a  let me type something random here...dev.

no words for this.

Now we are spot on with the M4 Fire Rate! Nothing wrong here😍

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

What hit marker shows when you get shot in the back, cos that's 99% of my deaths in this game.

😆

• Haha 1

I see some people malding about the hit markes, i agree that they're a bit cartoonish but it's a great feature. Make it toggleable and give it a texture like Rust's (see image).
Loved the new guns, always good to have more gear options.
New fire rate is good, makes all guns more viable. A bit OP, yes. But it's on experimental for one reason.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Will there be a wipe with this update moving to stable?

hit markers are good but need to be more like dark red viniete in side of the screen or whereever we are hit rather than .png splash image

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Good day, thanks for the work done. But I want to discuss the rate of fire for M4, I hope this is a mistake.

Because such a rate is acceptable for famas, vss, as val.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, hegra said:

Good day, thanks for the work done. But I want to discuss the rate of fire for M4, I hope this is a mistake.

Because such a rate is acceptable for famas, vss, as val.

It's actually kinda realistic. M4 firerates are rated for 700-950, while the ingame one seems to be 900 RPM.

Famas is 900-1100 RPM IRL,

AS VAL and VSS are 800-900 IRL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Would it work properly if it's set at 750-800 RPM (.075-.08)? Asking cuz their response was this, only multiples of 0.033

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161727
Still I think it's more fitting to have it at 900 RPM than 600, but yeah. Slightly too fast.

Now I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but I get the feel that it wouldn't work properly.
Wish more guns had distinct and authentic rate of fires.

Good god. Well that's an entirely terrible design.

I reported this as a bug on the feedback tracker last year, but no devs replied to my ticket. These were my findings:

"reloadTime" does not work properly. I noticed that certain completely different reloadTimes (eg, one 60% lower than the other) could result in the exact same rate of fire in game. Without proper function, it will not be possible to simulate a large number of weapons.

Config'd vs tested rate of fire:

350 rpm 299
1000 rpm 889
1200 rpm 889
1500 rpm 889
1600 rpm 889
2000 rpm 1799

• Beans 2

Of course, it would work in ARMA, not in DayZ. A great new feature!

No fire rates between 600-900 rpm or between 900-1800 rpm?

Who thought it was a good idea to construct the game in such a fashion?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Out of all the things that could and should possibly be added... a new female survivor? lol.
Sad DayZ has no half decent counterpart, so anyone that wants to play an open world survival game with smiliar atmosphere is stuck with this crap.
Nevermind that its neither a good survival game nor a good PvP game, and only even half good on modded servers that add a bunch of direly needed content and functions while reverting most of the newer big changes, like that stupid artillery strike crap/toxic zones or the changes to zombies etc. 

Also wondering what happened to that one intern that could finally be acquired to make a pretty bad animation for the stealth kills... is he/she gone again? Very sad.
Maybe hire someone on fiver to get some decent animations done, I dunno... Probably too big of an investment for BI though, I guess

Edited by TJSneed88
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate the idea to change around the firerates of various guns but if you have no granularity between 600rpm and 900rpm, firerate should just be left alone lol

• Thanks 1

DAYZ HAS to be a hardcore experience and you need to get out of the situations with skills and some luck. It has been like that for years and years PLEASE PLEASE dont change a core game mechanic that invalidate the amazing sound design and the hardness of the fight.

For the sake of hardcore DayZ fans, it shouldn't be added to the game. I personally don't really care but it would be a swift kick in the nuts to the people who truly love this game for what it is

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Parazight said:

Will there be a wipe with this update moving to stable?

Edited by Kathosky
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 5:49 AM, Astalonte said:

I absolutely hate this addition. It takes aware the need to learn good situational awareness in the game. It's like an arcade game feature and doesn't have a place here.

It's a shame as they're probably going to butcher this game in the name of accessibility. 

Fleeting players still won't stick around because it doesn't have the glitz of most other modern day games, and the few people that did see something in DayZ will depart for something else too.

The last 3 updates have been evidence of this. It's not even hard to survive any more.

DayZ has turned a corner.

Personally I haven't turned it on since 1.14 dropped. They made a mess of the loot at that point IMO.

I feel for the devs really. DayZ probably shouldn't exist in 2021, we're lucky it does. They're probably trying to see if they can made it work to bring the players in. They're damned if they do or don't.

Edited by RZ0R
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1