St.Dongobongo

Wound infection

Here we go.
Seems like we have anthrax simulator in game now.
Minor cut/wound = dead in 1 hour.
If you dont find disinfectant from start, you're probably dead now.
If you reach stage 2 infection, better to do suicide then waste time to find tetra. You have only 20 mins(!!!) to find disinfectant if you dont have one before sepsis reaction will start and then you have another 30 mins to find tetra before you just die.
Is it works like IRL? No. You cant even boil your rags, you cant even wash them with soap. Cauterization? No no, you cant do it! Btw chance to catch it like a 60-80% lmao.
So what is the point of it? Just make game "hardcore" by adding some nonsense things like this? Game probably unplayable with this sort of "sepsis" mechanics without introducing a basic things to prevent it and adding a dependence to a pretty rare loot. 

Here is my story, i did like a 20 fresh character runs, found 0 tetra and 0 disinfectants, tons of useless blood bags and bandages, which you can just throw out after fist use. All 20 characters was dead after minor wound due to "wound infection" progression.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 3

? It's a world ruled by infection and infected. Why would you fight them without getting at least some foothold first?... I personally had no problem with how vanilla currently works. Just don't try to fight unless it's absolutely necessary. Use only clean bandages on your wounds - never rags. And that's pretty much it. Have some patience and you'll find everything you need on your way.

Last time I was playing on modded vanilla and it had "virus" installed. That was a bitch... For you were forced to craft a cure again and again and again. But vanilla itself? It was a breeze.

Edited by nemorus
a=e

20 deaths because of wound infection?  Are you serious? That has got to be a record.

• Haha 1

no, game must be hard, not like another bullshit like scum or rust. I have 0 problem surviving in this patch so its not patch problem but player it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The problem with wound infection is that you immediately get it after using regular rags and then you have 20 mins and you re basically dead. So if you dont find antibiotics in one city after getting the infection you re dead bc it depletes your health so quick.

Devs should consider extending some timers for wound infection stages so it would take at least like ~1 hour to reach stage 2. Right now it s just another annoying feature which makes suicide a way better option.

• Beans 1

It's really, really, not that difficult to avoid any sickness in this game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

getting a wound infection isn't easy to avoid tho... zombies sometimes make me bleed in one single hit... when was the last time players made other players bleed with fists? oh that's right... never...

if you patch up with an unclean rag you get it in like 10 seconds... and good luck finding the necessary medical supplies in freshie towns, or the "second wave" towns (towns just right after coasts)

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

getting a wound infection isn't easy to avoid tho... zombies sometimes make me bleed in one single hit... when was the last time players made other players bleed with fists? oh that's right... never...

if you patch up with an unclean rag you get it in like 10 seconds... and good luck finding the necessary medical supplies in freshie towns, or the "second wave" towns (towns just right after coasts)

Um. Well, so far I have yet to get an infection from a zombie. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In fact, since 1.13 I have yet to catch any disease, except for a short bout of cholera because I was desperate for water, which lasted aprox. 15 minutes and was managed with great ease.

Also, I make sure to disinfect everything.

With regards to freshie towns, I generally avoid the infected on the coast. I won't go toe to toe with them, specifically to avoid infection. I don't why people go on boxing matches with them at that stage of the game.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Also, I make sure to disinfect everything.

Maybe it's because the server I play on spawned me with rags instead of bandages (they are disinfected unlike rags...), that might be the reason why I struggled.

10 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Maybe it's because the server I play on spawned me with rags instead of bandages (they are disinfected unlike rags...), that might be the reason why I struggled.

The rags you Spawn with should be worn and or disinfected at the minimum. Worn is fine....  

Also make sure to cut up clothes at worn stage whenever you can. (Unless more then 6/12) 

On 8/3/2021 at 1:11 PM, Tonyeh said:

Agree, keep your character warm (heat buff), stealth kill zombies or try to avoid them all together by being stealth, disinfect everything (rags, bandages), stay well fed and hydrated. Once you get your character healthy enough, then head north. I think part of the problem is, players were used to logging in, running through Zombies to head North for PvP or military loot... they can not do that anymore or they will mostly likely be dead on the way or once they get there. So the game is now more balanced and people are complaining. It is really great how it is now, actual most fun I have had on this game playing official in a long time.

This is why I'm sticking to modded servers. Trumps wall for example, idk what they do, but it's much easier. Almost too easy though. It's probably bc there is pop everywhere, which helps hydration and hunger, so your immune system is better. I struggled a lot on vanilla servers like you, but once I switched to this modded server, I haven't died once due to sickness or hunger. 

Still would like to find a modded server that's slightly more challenging though. Also not a fan of the gun mods that add every single gun ever made irl. All of the modern guns to choose from at tents is overwhelming. 

On 8/10/2021 at 1:20 PM, ShallowTech said:

. I think part of the problem is, players were used to logging in, running through Zombies to head North for PvP or military loot... they can not do that anymore or they will mostly likely be dead on the way or once they get there. So the game is now more balanced and people are complaining.

This is completely subjective and just opinion, just like OP's statement, and some of mine. 

What I've found is that mods are what make this game great and viable. It allows a place for every type of player to enjoy the game. So that's basically my go-to response (for myself) and others; find a modded server that suits your playstyle

I have died only once from this, and only because a wolf attack and starvation were stacked ontop of it, but I am an expert. If you learn the game you won't die from it anymore unless you disregard your infected wounds.

15 hours ago, boggle said:

This is completely subjective and just opinion, just like OP's statement, and some of mine. 

What I've found is that mods are what make this game great and viable. It allows a place for every type of player to enjoy the game. So that's basically my go-to response (for myself) and others; find a modded server that suits your playstyle

Absolutely. Beauty of this game is that you have the choice, especially on pc

I'm agree with the first post, wound kill you too quickly and i've been wounded even with a clean rags, why my character make some pain sound like that:

I don't wanna play theKAIRI78 rp simulator.

Stop breaking my game and mold it for the poor IQ consol gamer that use "auto aim", i can't even take damage when i walk on fireplace!!!  please and add a clear health/care system like in Project Zomboid.

I'm also tired to see that:header_1.jpg

I wanna see people working on my game that i've paid, not pseudo-sjw hipsters that make "brainfapstorming"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!