vfxtodd

Heavy swing is broken.

I can't tell you how many times I use a heavy swing at a zombie, and my melee weapon just passes right through their bodies as if they're not there. They've made the zombies more deadly, they should make the melee more reliable. I just died because I got robbed of several melee swings that just didn't register. I've been playing DayZ since the Alpha days. And the zombie mechanics have not improved that much. Zombies still teleport through me, and zip past me yet manage to hit me as my melee passes through them with no effect.

One step forward. Two steps back. That's the dev cycle of DayZ.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 7:33 PM, vfxtodd said:

I can't tell you how many times I use a heavy swing at a zombie, and my melee weapon just passes right through their bodies as if they're not there. They've made the zombies more deadly, they should make the melee more reliable. I just died because I got robbed of several melee swings that just didn't register. I've been playing DayZ since the Alpha days. And the zombie mechanics have not improved that much. Zombies still teleport through me, and zip past me yet manage to hit me as my melee passes through them with no effect.

One step forward. Two steps back. That's the dev cycle of DayZ.

100% agree. They can even hit you on distance, and they have heightened senses and they run randomly so they agro too fast. Then in fights they are proffesional fighters with the dodges and shit 😂 The mechanic of getting their attention by throwing an item doesn't even work well, the same with wolves  (in fact, wolves don't even attack zombies now, or vice versa..) The only thing you get is that they automatically detect you when they had not even seen you. Same in firefights, if a person shooting is inside a house with closed doors,  zombies automatically detect nearby players, even if there is no eye contact or noise. But I gotta disagree with you in something: they make one step forward, ten steps back. 

Check this out and sorry about my disgusting voice I was pissed about multiple things of this game. It completely lost the sense. 

Gotta say this clip was from the previous version and now they (infecteds) are even more broken. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateGenerousPuppyTBTacoRight-08hEU-7mW_SMqeLQ

Edited by ZinMas 101
Is better like this.
  • Beans 1

There should be some fixes, the zombie contact distance for sure and the melee can use some improvements but I don't think it is that bad. This is a zombie survival game, of course the zombies should be hard... Use stealth, running through the middle of a town will get you killed, as it should. I play, use stealth by crouching and I can move through an area with zombies with out getting in too many battles. Normally I can kill most of the zombies with a stealth attack, which is what I prefer. The one major issue with that is the glitch that can happen on the stealth kill where the character just sits their glitching out until you stop trying to stealth kill or the zombie turns to hit you. 

Regardless their are bugs and things that need some adjustments but if you play carefully, these issues do not normally result in death. I think to man players got used to just being able to run around and not worry about surviving against zombies or the environment. Now all that has changed, surviving is difficult and players can not just spawn, run north, grab guns and start killing everyone. Furthermore, people can no long dupe 😉 All good things for this game!

• Beans 1

On 7/29/2021 at 11:23 PM, ShallowTech said:

There should be some fixes, the zombie contact distance for sure and the melee can use some improvements but I don't think it is that bad. This is a zombie survival game, of course the zombies should be hard... Use stealth, running through the middle of a town will get you killed, as it should. I play, use stealth by crouching and I can move through an area with zombies with out getting in too many battles. Normally I can kill most of the zombies with a stealth attack, which is what I prefer. The one major issue with that is the glitch that can happen on the stealth kill where the character just sits their glitching out until you stop trying to stealth kill or the zombie turns to hit you. 

Regardless their are bugs and things that need some adjustments but if you play carefully, these issues do not normally result in death. I think to man players got used to just being able to run around and not worry about surviving against zombies or the environment. Now all that has changed, surviving is difficult and players can not just spawn, run north, grab guns and start killing everyone. Furthermore, people can no long dupe 😉 All good things for this game!

I prefer shoot in sky, get them all together and lock them inside a big building. Other ways are too much hassle for stuff that is broken, lol.

• Haha 1

I still dont get why the infected pathing hasnt been properly adjusted. @Kyiara

Last night a Guy shot An infected with a loud gun inside the police station. I was crouched behind a container at approx 100 yards. Infected got alerted to that shot and all came straight for me.... You know the one crouching and using stealth.... 

This gives An advantage to the run and gun pew pew players once more.

• Beans 1

I don't even know how to do a heavy melee. I did one shot a zombie with a kitchen knife from behind though 

46 minutes ago, boggle said:

I don't even know how to do a heavy melee. I did one shot a zombie with a kitchen knife from behind though 

Hold Shift and click left mouse

Edited by McWendy

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Infected got alerted to that shot and all came straight for me.... You know the one crouching and using stealth.... 

This gives An advantage to the run and gun pew pew players once more. 

This also annoyed me often, but actually it is just logical.

The Zombies hear a loud noise and go investigate, they are actively trying to find someone at that location.

It wouldnt make sense if they look *Just* for the guy that shot, if you are sitting outside next to the gunshot ofcourse they will see you.

If you shoot and run you will get all the zombies on you, it does not reward those players in my opinion.

What I do like about this is that you can use this when someone has you pinned down in a building to get zombies to help you, you shoot in the air and the zombies attack the people outside of the building.

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

Hold Shift and click left mouse

Yeah I had it bound to a thumb button so that was making it not work. This will be nice to utilize lol. 

3 hours ago, Homeschooliazon said:

This also annoyed me often, but actually it is just logical.

The Zombies hear a loud noise and go investigate, they are actively trying to find someone at that location.

It wouldnt make sense if they look *Just* for the guy that shot, if you are sitting outside next to the gunshot ofcourse they will see you.

If you shoot and run you will get all the zombies on you, it does not reward those players in my opinion.

What I do like about this is that you can use this when someone has you pinned down in a building to get zombies to help you, you shoot in the air and the zombies attack the people outside of the building.

Its only logical if they see you whilst Investigating the sound. Not when they beeline straight at you even tho you were out of sight.

Yes, zombies are part of the game. Except my melee should not pass through the zombie. I attacked one yesterday, and out of 4 swings only 2 actually struck the zombie. The other two passed right through the zombies body. That has been an issue since the Alpha days years ago.

I play on console, and tapping "Y" is supposed to initiate a heavy swing. Except that it doesn't work most of the time. They need to make videos of how to play on console. They shouldn't depend on 3rd party YouTube videos to do all the training. It's their game. They need to properly support it if they want more people to play it.

Plus, they need to support email notifications for when people reply to your posts. Without it, I have to come back to the website to see if I got any replies. It's a rather archaic system.

Edited by vfxtodd