Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.13

49 minutes ago, Cameron LeVack said:

"scaling the infected difficulty with the player's overall progression through the game world." Is this a good thing?

Yeah. As you move into higher tier loot areas, the infected will get harder

Thx for the wipe. Lost a few months of grinding.

Official servers are lagging a lot. All my friends have the same issue.

10 minutes ago, Denis Svoboda said:

Thx for the wipe. Lost a few months of grinding.

Official servers are lagging a lot. All my friends have the same issue.

Tried to DM you but I figured I'd let you know that if your tired of official servers and their awful lag and hackers. Feel free to add me on discord ACanadianBear#0001 I've got a growing community that runs a few vanilla servers and I think you and your friends would have a better time there. I look forward to hearing from you dude.

my players are reporting a lot of lag since the 1.13 update, server fps is in the 4K range, this is with lightly modded servers.

Anyone else on console noticing audio being extremely glitched? Me and multiple people in different servers are noticing that directional audio is not working and player footsteps are very quiet. It’s sounds like someone is shooting on top of us constantly.

I played a good 10 hours today on official server. Update seems legit. The lag when dealing with zombies is still frustrating. 

What's the % chance of getting an infection? 20%, 50%, higher?

Just stitched up a wound with a sewing kit and was waiting for an infection to occur. I kept popping vitamin pills in the hope that would stave off infection just in case. But no infection happened anyway.

11 hours ago, InvictusMile said:

Anyone else on console noticing audio being extremely glitched? Me and multiple people in different servers are noticing that directional audio is not working and player footsteps are very quiet. It’s sounds like someone is shooting on top of us constantly.

Same here shots seem to be all around me 

11 hours ago, InvictusMile said:

46 minutes ago, Maxb197979 said:

Same here shots seem to be all around me 

Can you guys please provide more details into this ticket?

So far all I have seen are Glitches galore! not worth replacing the efforts of the last game, at least it was more stable.  Zombies not only are glitchy and faster, but stronger and walk through walls when agitated? Took me a long time to accumulate just enough for survival with the new M16 A2 with suppresser only to be killed by a zombie that walked through walls in a room. Oh, and your settings on the suppressor sucks because the zombie I did kill in the room attracted 10 more that were a distance away.  one of the agitated zeds came through the wall when I was reloading and beat me down before I could even react.  Not cool given my last character lasted months.  I play this game for the long game attempting to use stealth. This is just too stupid for words. Thanks for nothing, guessing I'll just move back to skyrim.  Oh and did i mention your friggin zombies are invulnerable when in bushes? Ridiculous!  Yes you increased difficulty at the expense of enjoyment of the friggin game!

Had to edit... just had my first crashed server.  imagine that.... genius.

Edited by Richard Sheffield

Здравствуйте, мой сервер не работает после обновления. Запускаю сервер, есть попытка к нему подключиться и после этого вылетает.

The most interesting thing is that my server is displayed in the community. But after trying to connect to it, it breaks down. Before this update, everything was normal. Please help me <3

Sort the fucking sound out. The zombie hit u from 15ft away . You can not tell where sound come from and just up the gun spawn fucking hate grinding 10hour find the norm sks ak74u and the zombie are out it fart and there is 15plus zombie. They never do anything right 

16 hours ago, Richard Sheffield said:

So far all I have seen are Glitches galore! not worth replacing the efforts of the last game, at least it was more stable.  Zombies not only are glitchy and faster, but stronger and walk through walls when agitated? Took me a long time to accumulate just enough for survival with the new M16 A2 with suppresser only to be killed by a zombie that walked through walls in a room. Oh, and your settings on the suppressor sucks because the zombie I did kill in the room attracted 10 more that were a distance away.  one of the agitated zeds came through the wall when I was reloading and beat me down before I could even react.  Not cool given my last character lasted months.  I play this game for the long game attempting to use stealth. This is just too stupid for words. Thanks for nothing, guessing I'll just move back to skyrim.  Oh and did i mention your friggin zombies are invulnerable when in bushes? Ridiculous!  Yes you increased difficulty at the expense of enjoyment of the friggin game!

Had to edit... just had my first crashed server.  imagine that.... genius.

I no wot u mean mate got a m4 a lar and then die to 2 zombie trapped me knocked me out woke up to not find my gun then dead

On 7/13/2021 at 6:05 AM, Cameron LeVack said:

"scaling the infected difficulty with the player's overall progression through the game world." Is this a good thing?

Yes it is a good thing. The game is a survival game, it is supposed to get harder the further north you go. The game is going back to it roots and I love it. Duping has been fixed from what I have been told (can anyone confirm) and now it is harder than ever to survive! Now dupers can't just run to the closest military base, dupe a bunch of weapons and them go to the coast to shoot bambies! Great update and the difficult added is perfect! Now you have to worry about your health, elements, zombies and predator animals! This is exactly what DayZ is supposed to be! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 999white999 said:

I no wot u mean mate got a m4 a lar and then die to 2 zombie trapped me knocked me out woke up to not find my gun then dead

... Oh so now that the zombies are a threat you don't like it 😉 your gun probably dropped and you could not find it. I played multiple hours in exp. and now on the prod release, I have yet to see any major issues. The only thing is the extended reach on the zombies but you can deal with that by using stealth! This update is great, best version of DayZ Stand alone since it's release!

I like the new zombies but the reach is redicules. 

Illness is a breathe of fresh air. But the hungry is way too much. Food goes down way too fast.  I'm not against it. It just needs tweeking down abit. You can go from half full to dead in about 15-20mins.  

Edited by Blades56
Word change

33 minutes ago, Blades56 said:

I like the new zombies but the reach is redicules. 

Yeah... it really is too much. I expected it would be fixed when stable arrives, but no... nothing.

33 minutes ago, Blades56 said:

You can go from half full to dead in about 15-20mins.  

Because that's not half... it's just "showing" half. Full apple icon =/= actually full on energy. You can go above what the icon is showing.

Edited by DefectiveWater

On 7/14/2021 at 4:42 AM, InvictusMile said:

Same here on my Series X. Super annoying and it can be game breaking at times! I've also posted this in the console section but it seems like that no one of BI cares about the console sections of this forum...

1. We still missing the VOIP Toggle ON/OFF option on Xbox like it's implemented on the PS4 Version, which is annoying as it's very uncomfortable to constantly hold down a button on the d-pad to be able to talk to other players. In pvp or role play situation I would say its kinda game breaking and in general it does hinder player interactions heavily which often results in (avoidable) hostile situations!

2. They devs also still haven't fixed the ADS sensitivity bug on console (switching from an iron side to a weapon with a scope results in heavy ADS sensitivity slowdown, unless you scope in and out again). Pretty dissapointing...

Anyway, I also have to give some kudos to devs. It seems like that they have fixed duping on consoles and the official servers run (way) better with full pop than before. I do hope that the server performance doesn't turn bad again after a couple of days/weeks!

@Kyiara

Any news regarding these issues? Some feedback would be very nice.

I made a separate post about this, but I'll ask here:

What are some good survival tips out of the gate when spawning? Particular with warmth and food. It's been a couple years since I played, and I've been playing since sa launch. It's brutal now, or I'm just rusty.... I can't seem to find food, you get scratches from damn near everything, weapons are scarce, warm clothes are scarce. 

Used to be that I'd run into the woods right off the bat, and could craft some improvised tools to get me started, then find a crap gun good enough to hunt with, or I made a fishing rod and hook and fished. Camp stove with a tank, and pot were my pinnacle items I wanted to get and I felt like I could survive anything. That's not the case now. 

Any suggestions for a rusty veteran? 

Just now, boggle said:

I made a separate post about this, but I'll ask here:

What are some good survival tips out of the gate when spawning? Particular with warmth and food. It's been a couple years since I played, and I've been playing since sa launch. It's brutal now, or I'm just rusty.... I can't seem to find food, you get scratches from damn near everything, weapons are scarce, warm clothes are scarce. 

Used to be that I'd run into the woods right off the bat, and could craft some improvised tools to get me started, then find a crap gun good enough to hunt with, or I made a fishing rod and hook and fished. Camp stove with a tank, and pot were my pinnacle items I wanted to get and I felt like I could survive anything. That's not the case now. 

Any suggestions for a rusty veteran? 

Are you playing on Namalsk? To me, it's much harder up there. 

Once you spawn on the coast, first thing I do is find a closest well. If you're good with killing zombied, sometimes they spawn food on them, but usually risk-reward isn't that worth it, especially with infection now. Go inland, it's literally same as when you played before. 🙂