Kyiara

DayZ Wipe Announcement 1.13

Hello survivors!

We kicked off the summer by entering into the experimental phase with Update 1.13.

As mentioned in a previous article at the start of the year, Update 1.13 will come with fresh Loot spawns on Official. That means we’ll be conducting wipes of both character and server persistence files (bases, vehicles, etc.). 

Read the full article here.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

i really love this game

but the way u are going will kill dayz soon

i just hope that day wont come

• Thanks 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOO all the endless hours of looting and building my base. Defending it against people and rebuilding just to end with nothing.  Looks like I’ll be going to rust 

• Thanks 4

Thank you for wiping the servers. Duplication glitch was getting out of hand. 
sucks legit players are losing stuff, but having the loot pool refilled , will make rebuilding not so bad 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Beans 1

it would be nice to get the reason for the wipe, it would at least help us understand why? it's got to be more then refreshing the loot pool or it better be! 

i'm sure most won't mind the wipe as duplication is a real problem just more of a explanation please.

• Confused 1

They allready said they would wipe every 3/4 months. Guess you guys should Read up more... No point going for persistence other then short life span. Investing in huge bases is a waste of time. 

Best treat it like the PVP lifespan they have pictured out. 

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Why would you build a base on an official server?  Nobody is monitoring the server, many have hackers on them and Bohemia wiping them has been a thing for years now, yet every time, we see people complaining about it.  If you smash your forehead into a brick wall and it hurts like hell, here's a tip for you:  if you do it again, it'll hurt again.

Build your bases on community servers that specifically state they backup and restore persistence files.  That is your only chance of a long-lasting base.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Please remove some of the official AP-SY servers. The Australian/New Zealand player base can no longer support them all. Removing some of these servers will consolidate our players and breath new life into the game. 

• Sad 1

Good steps for me , you need fix duplications glitches on PlayStation there is many cheaters! 

Disable connecting to a friend's session via PlayStation, this can eliminate a lot of cheaters who use this thing to duplicate.

Or change log in time from 15 to 35 sec. Please do something .cheaters ruined this game!!!

In 1.12 on PlayStation its terrible.many players stop playing dayz

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Hello survivors!

We kicked off the summer by entering into the experimental phase with Update 1.13.

As mentioned in a previous article at the start of the year, Update 1.13 will come with fresh Loot spawns on Official. That means we’ll be conducting wipes of both character and server persistence files (bases, vehicles, etc.). 

Remove gun spawn cap and up food spawns in houses, make it so I can actually take items out of containers and Clothing 

3 hours ago, Toman_cz said:

Good steps for me , you need fix duplications glitches on PlayStation there is many cheaters! 

Disable connecting to a friend's session via PlayStation, this can eliminate a lot of cheaters who use this thing to duplicate.

Or change log in time from 15 to 35 sec. Please do something .cheaters ruined this game!!!

In 1.12 on PlayStation its terrible.many players stop playing dayz

I believe the multi logging topic discussed on the 1.13 patch notes was to emphasize that in a way. 

This is definitely necessary; I'm referring to XBOX ONE exclusively solely on the grounds that it's what I play on and the duping as I'm sure Bohemia is aware of is a cripple to the healthy side of the community that plays the game strictly dependent on the loot economy. 

On another note; I mentioned this on the 1.13 dedicated patch forum along with the official DAYZ discord to an admin directly; stating that there is no dedicated official 1PP mouse and keyboard servers on XBOX ONE, not to mention there is one sided cross play; meaning you can play with a controller on a mouse and keyboard server; however you cannot play with mouse and keyboard on a controller server. As well as no mouse and keyboard experimental servers. It's a factor that really splits the community and I myself have been playing mouse and keyboard strictly since I started playing (1.08). I'm immersed in the game enough to be on discord and the official forums so I feel its something that in my opinion should be addressed. My play style is somewhat alienated because I play mouse and keyboard on console instead of controller. I figured this would be a great time to point this out considering the topic put forth. 

I wonder if people are aware that it's totally up to server owners whether the community servers get wiped.

But I'm good with the officials getting wiped occasionally - it releases the high tier guns back into the economy and gives solo/small group players a chance of obtaining them. Also whether this was intentional or not - the days leading up the wipe are some of the best times to play now. This time is going to be epic with the increased heli spawns.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Daren Beeman said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO all the endless hours of looting and building my base. Defending it against people and rebuilding just to end with nothing.  Looks like I’ll be going to rust 

Truly do not understand the weird tribalism/feud between players of Rust and DayZ.

The two games aren’t even remotely similar aside from having guns and a hunger meter. Rust is closer to Minecraft than it is to DayZ.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Very good. The tears of hoarders make me stronger.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I do not know about others, personally, the wipe does not upset me much. As if this is the first time. Are you so sorry for the loot? This is just a game. You know, even in real life there is a wipe. What's more, the developers warn for earlier.

OK.
This is yet another demonstration that these programmers are NOT able to make this game work decently and must necessarily resort to the "Wipe".
It's as if Microsoft, when you have a problem with your PC, tells you to "format everything" and reinstall it again, too bad that there are also your personal files inside that you don't want to lose 😞
And for those who rejoice without understanding why others complain:
Gentlemen ... the game should NOT be: I am born, I take clothes, I take weapons and I go to kill the first one I see ... I succeed and I go to kill the 2nd ... like this until I die.
This is stupid ...
This do it much better the classic FPS (Battlefield, COD, etc ...)
This is DayZ ... it should be "survival in a virus-wrecked world"!
The game SHOULD be: I am born, I find better clothes, I find weapons to DEFEND ME, I look for a good place, I make a base, I find a car to carry lumber and barrels, I arrange my base better, I defend (if necessary) my base, I continue to improve the base, I find a second car or I improve the first ... and so ON ENDLESS! THIS IS SURVIVE! THIS should be DayZ!
If you delete everything every 3/4 months, it's like DESTROYING THE GAME every 3/4 months!
What the fuck is the point?
Definitely NOT a sense of play, because, on the contrary, it GOES AGAINST the true sense of "survival in a world destroyed by the virus".
This is only because the programmers are NOT able to better manage the game and "hope" that by deleting everything every 3/4 months the defects of the game will ease a little ... and they DON'T CARE about ruining the game for players who want to experience this game as a "Survival Game"!
Anyway, most of them are just "Pew, pew, pew".
These players should "migrate" to the modded server, and these programmers should seriously make this "survival game" work for years and years, WITHOUT ANY WIPE!
Their only luck is that, at the moment, there are no better alternatives ... but as soon as I find one, it will be my first choice to permanently abandon this broken and damn badly managed game.
And he also charges very dearly, even despite the balances, for what he gives (giving bugs and lots of bullshit made on purpose ... the ones that "burn" more)

P.S.

The threat of the "cyclic wipe" really makes the desire to "exert oneself" go away just to build a character ... you know that whatever you get, you will be canceled "ex officio" by  programmers because they can't do anything else... sad... really sad... 😕

PP.S.

It comes to me also the doubt that they do it on purpose to discourage the construction of bases and, consequently, also the use of vehicles ... which is notorious they have not been able to fix in many years.
With "Cyclic Wipes" they make the construction of bases and the consequent use of vehicles useless ... and, thus, there will be fewer people who will complain about "too fragile bases" (who makes them), "too strong bases" (those who want to raid them) and vehicles that don't work (for those who use them to build / manage a base).
A pretty clever

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

there is nothing you can do about building a base. A lot of loot accumulates on the servers and this slows down the game.

Sorry but am out will be uninstalling this after i do one more mission and shoot myself in the head 

Thought this was the zombie survival game iv been waiting for i loved it 

Am also new to the game with about 200 hours amazing loot never been raided only die once after leaving the coast 

Am gutted about this wipe 

Bye was fun while it lasted 

Sincerely 

Xbox one UK Sniper Elite 

• Beans 1

looks like I'm done with dayz. It defeats the point of living and building... if official gets wiped then remove the building and looting from them no point in it just pvp it. And some of us want to survive on low population servers where noobs can learn without psychopaths killing or just ruining the game.  GET WOKE GO BROKE! 

On 6/28/2021 at 6:47 AM, Kyiara said:

Hello survivors!

• Thanks 1

A wipe gives a chance to begin again on equal terms with others. When you have nothing, you're playing differently than when you have everything. Survival in "DayZ" is pointless as it is either way - current base building system proves that. It's too autumn oriented. Can't barricade existing buildings, can't make use of them (furniture for instance) - when solid fireplaces can only be found in them.

This is your story.  The goal is to survive at all costs for 3 months until the server wipe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Please stop the wipes. Constant wipes makes the game unplayable.

Not everyone has the time to play every day. We spend building lovely huge base since last update and created a big group of good players. We have 17 full gear characters that are inevitably lost with all the progress.

It takes ages to gather the material, find equipment and build base in the city, on the roof or in the suburbs. Now we lose everything (again) and we see that we are going to lose it again and than again.

I am not sure what is worse: loosing a base which took us nearly a week (clear play time which we used to gather axes, hammers, nails, wood, flags, stones and building - I do not count PvP or searching for clothes or anything into this time) or loosing multiple chsracters. Tell me where can I found 2 SVAL, 5 M4, multiple KAM, Tundras and 7 Carrier plates? It takes ages to gather so many things.

Such news makes us just want to quit the game. Let us die natural way such as zombie attack, PvP or classical DayZ bug/glitch. I don’t mind those bugs because they are a part of the game. But pls let us keep the characters.

My friend recently bought the game and he is trying to refund it because he don’t want to keep loosing his progress for no reason.

Community servers are unstable or you never know when will the owner stop playing and delete the server. No chance to save progress there.

There is no reason to play until new update... because everything we do in these two weeks before you drop the wipe will be lost. Two weeks of time wasted. And you are going to do it again, and again and again. At least do it annualy or something like that.

What is the point of persistence servers anyways? There is no point in them any more.

If you are afraid of server economics than do not delete the characters. Offline characters carriing rare stuff do not count into the server economy and therefore they do not affect the spawn rate. But you know that, you made the game.

I am really glad to see the game evolve and move forward but let us move with it, dont leave us behind.

If you want to keep doing wipes than give us a chance to play singleplayer so we can keep our prigress somewhere.

Edited by Denis Svoboda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, achillez02 said:

looks like I'm done with dayz. It defeats the point of living and building... if official gets wiped then remove the building and looting from them no point in it just pvp it. And some of us want to survive on low population servers where noobs can learn without psychopaths killing or just ruining the game.  GET WOKE GO BROKE! 

Agreed. I believe that 10-20 players is golden number so you can encouter PvP but still can manage to play peacefully.

Edited by Denis Svoboda
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1