Kyiara

1.12 Experimental Release

Let me be the first to reply and tell you that you should FIX THE CARS PLEASE. THIS IS REDICULOUS! Cars have been fucked for many many years and despite acknowledging the problems a year ago nothing has been done. Not even an update. No information. It's not even in the timeline for this year. How is this not your top priority???

• Like 3

Can you please add ADS(Aim Down Sights) sensitivity to consoles 

its seem to be already preset for us 

And also Dead Zone for us players with worn down controllers  🙏🏽 

thank you so much 🤌🏽

Edited by Leshun
Forgot a word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

NICE, we have to peel spuds, instead of making a bow. 

Yeah indeed. Best addition ever. Like you couldnt eat a tomato without peeling it. 😄

I really like what is happening with DayZ in the last half year, it's a game thats been racking up hours for me on steam since one or two years, ago but i also bought the game back in alpha, when you literally spawned and there was nothing, so i put it on the shelf for 5 years or so and came back now last 2 years. I have been trough it all PVP on standalone servers, then went to community with mods, nowadays im mostly into PVE.

When i got notified that there was a patch coming my heart took a extra beat and a skip, one of the best things to happen. I logged in through experimental and im really enjoying every new item that is beeing added also the increased difficulty with the zombies. 

But there is one thing that is bugging my mind, that i cant shake off, as soon as i log in, 5-10 minutes after, i have found a:

Sporter 22 with magazine, CR-75 with magazine, Sewing kits, Bandages, knifes, 5+ apples, 5+ other food types, good clothes, many melee wepons, hatchets saws. Please Developers dont make this game too easy, DayZ is about the struggle, now im set to go basically after 5 minutes, and i did not even try to sprind around and loot houses, i was just causually testin the new 1.12 out. Please don't make it easy. 

*I would love to see : Blood infections or different types off sickness. More rain clothes that you can actually wear in the rain, for now theres only Raincoat, and Wellies, but they get wet? and they have low insulation so you kinda freeze to death anyways, so i dont see the point, it would be nice to have a complete set of rain clothes, i am a traveler and a explorer mostly, and i run around with my hunting weapon and my gear.

*More danger from Bears /wolves animals, make them roam freely on the whole map. Screw it the world has ended! Now i can travel safe in the forests up untill the middle of the map, then i know i need to start beeing aware, maybe change that a bit so every time you go into the forest you might be food yourself, so if you wanna be safe aswell but partly not, stick to the civilization.  Add free roaming dogs? suriving dogs, maybe in packs or not in packs, that has survived on their own after civilization fell.

*And the radiation gear/zones, there is gear for radiation but its not used for anything. I would love that part to work aswell.

*And please for the love of god, the freqvenzy of the animals shouting screaming if they are sometimes nearby wants me to shoot my or their head off, its a constant MOOOO MOOO MOOO MOOO, they literally spam their animal sounds, or the Deer in the forest. Make it a bit longer inbetween the sounds. Its not about hearing them, you hear them if you travel by foot so the game has a chance to spawn animals around you, but once it does, you get really annoyed by the sound. Also it makes the hunting harder, you hear it once, you have to guess where to go before you hear the animal again, insted of having it super easy to find, because it literally screams "heeeey im here shoot me. " 200 times.

*For now i have not much to add, just look over the rain resistant stuff and i would like to have more sickness types, infections. Make the MS3 cargo work properly so teammates can jump in, and add maybe busses to the game? i think there was a intention im not sure maybe just a rumor ive heard. Also people could maybe sort out their inventory in a car if they are apassanger when they are traveling with you, would be a nice fetuare but ofc not for the driver...

*If your equipment is wet/drenched or soaked trough your clothes or bag, they would be slippery, increased chance to shoot more bullets that you wanted, failing upon reloading or chambering the weapon, batteries or electrical stuff gets broken, or does not work. 

Lastly i want to say a big THANK YOU, for making this game better, any time i have free time i love to just log in and enjoy my stay on DayZ, it is my absolute favorite game and hobby, i even bought DayZ merchandise, mouspads, paintings, the map of chernarus and tea/coffe cup. 

/Robbam

Edited by Jafyfan
  • Beans 1

Здравствуйте!!! Я не знаю что у вас там в команде , но я бы вам посоветовал вернуть ДЕЙЗИ на движок АРМЫ чтоб техника не логала , дал людям редактор и нпси , а то рвачи просят за инпси до15 т.р. , да и печально вы игру превратили , замете  не в вашу пользу донатной помойкай каждая машина это деньги( МОДЫ) , Верните движок АРМЫ и РЕДАКТОР и это уже будет половина сделанного и тактика действий уже на 50% будет решена сама собой  . СПАСИБО ВАМ ЗА ИГРУ С УВАЖЕНИЕМ ВАШ ФАНАТ!!!

Can ps4 private server owners get more informed on stuff for modding? Or if there are future plans to give us access to init.c file? I would really like to have some sort of command option in game. You said you would continue to support the modding community, I really would like some clarification because PS4  can't mod xbox could I believe if you talked to microsoft. For the PS4 COMMUNITY we have to edit .xml just to spend hours to decrease or increas certain things just to possibly find out you made 1 error somewhere and now you either need to back up or reset mission folder or if you messed up bad do a reinstall. Also why does it take 30hrs for edits on some files to show up or if you wanna notice right away reinstall the game. When people build life's on a server they don't want to spend a week on a base just to have it go out the door because we can't get mods. Private server owners should have a option to chose if loot should refresh after every restart or based off hive server settings. For the love of god a ADMIN TOOL ADMIN MENU for INGAME use not pulling out your laptop I should be able to pause my game go into a settings tab and have options to kick, ban, restart, shutdown, and make it to where that menu could connect to your server. Also server owners have access to give admin access would these other admins be able to use this menu. 

Why for the love of god can't we just have the ability to just spawn things in? It would cut out a lot ram and cpu usage on private servers if this was possible considering you wouldn't have to go and increase stuff 5X and spend hours editing just to see your work fail. Bringing a menu to spawn items, teleport, server command, view what's happening (like the log files), and god mode so if we have cheaters we can deal with them this is probably the most asked for option in dayz for the console community I don't work for you but if I did I could easily tell you private server owners would pay more there would be more people bigger player base dayz could get out of this rut it's in but instead let's add items and bug fixes (not mad about the bug fixes their great!) But what I am upset about is the non clarification on how you'd support the console private server "modding" community it was literally one sentence that you mentioned it all the way back in January I wouldn't expect to have anything yet but an update on how your planning to support us. Fallout 76 for example is coming out with private worlds these private worlds will allow the private worlds owner to change things edit things and from what I heard mods.

Just quit stalling talk to sony and microsoft see if you can't strike a deal to allow mod support for your game console is capable of modding yes but only if the game has mod support that is within the companys guide lines it would be fine again so much could be done to make it better for console owners but if I had to choose a highly asked for feature it would be to have a admin menu so that way we would have FULL CONTROL over stuff. 

Sorry in advance that this post is just to rant but I love the game editing the files has taught a little about programming I didn't know how to program or well edit .xml until I played dayz I played official for like a month a week in I was sick of cheaters, greifers, dupers, and most hated cannibal groups there are way to many of those. So I got a private server and learned console can't have mods but we had access to the mission folders ect. You guys have been doing wonderful and I'm amazed and excited by every experimental update that comes out I read the patch notes and get so excited but all I ask is more  clarification on support for "modders" in the console community and I know this is a long shot............

ADMIN CONTROLS IN GAME PLEASE I would pay money for this option like get this admin control as a upgrade to the server idk but please ADMIN CONTROLS IN GAME PLEASE I'm begging you at this point.

5 hours ago, Terry4546PS said:

Can ps4 private server owners get more informed on stuff for modding? Or if there are future plans to give us access to init.c file? I would really like to have some sort of command option in game. You said you would continue to support the modding community, I really would like some clarification because PS4  can't mod xbox could I believe if you talked to microsoft. For the PS4 COMMUNITY we have to edit .xml just to spend hours to decrease or increas certain things just to possibly find out you made 1 error somewhere and now you either need to back up or reset mission folder or if you messed up bad do a reinstall. Also why does it take 30hrs for edits on some files to show up or if you wanna notice right away reinstall the game. When people build life's on a server they don't want to spend a week on a base just to have it go out the door because we can't get mods. Private server owners should have a option to chose if loot should refresh after every restart or based off hive server settings. For the love of god a ADMIN TOOL ADMIN MENU for INGAME use not pulling out your laptop I should be able to pause my game go into a settings tab and have options to kick, ban, restart, shutdown, and make it to where that menu could connect to your server. Also server owners have access to give admin access would these other admins be able to use this menu. 

Why for the love of god can't we just have the ability to just spawn things in? It would cut out a lot ram and cpu usage on private servers if this was possible considering you wouldn't have to go and increase stuff 5X and spend hours editing just to see your work fail. Bringing a menu to spawn items, teleport, server command, view what's happening (like the log files), and god mode so if we have cheaters we can deal with them this is probably the most asked for option in dayz for the console community I don't work for you but if I did I could easily tell you private server owners would pay more there would be more people bigger player base dayz could get out of this rut it's in but instead let's add items and bug fixes (not mad about the bug fixes their great!) But what I am upset about is the non clarification on how you'd support the console private server "modding" community it was literally one sentence that you mentioned it all the way back in January I wouldn't expect to have anything yet but an update on how your planning to support us. Fallout 76 for example is coming out with private worlds these private worlds will allow the private worlds owner to change things edit things and from what I heard mods.

Just quit stalling talk to sony and microsoft see if you can't strike a deal to allow mod support for your game console is capable of modding yes but only if the game has mod support that is within the companys guide lines it would be fine again so much could be done to make it better for console owners but if I had to choose a highly asked for feature it would be to have a admin menu so that way we would have FULL CONTROL over stuff. 

Sorry in advance that this post is just to rant but I love the game editing the files has taught a little about programming I didn't know how to program or well edit .xml until I played dayz I played official for like a month a week in I was sick of cheaters, greifers, dupers, and most hated cannibal groups there are way to many of those. So I got a private server and learned console can't have mods but we had access to the mission folders ect. You guys have been doing wonderful and I'm amazed and excited by every experimental update that comes out I read the patch notes and get so excited but all I ask is more  clarification on support for "modders" in the console community and I know this is a long shot............

ADMIN CONTROLS IN GAME PLEASE I would pay money for this option like get this admin control as a upgrade to the server idk but please ADMIN CONTROLS IN GAME PLEASE I'm begging you at this point.

Given the few console games, especially on Sony platforms, that allow substantial modding, I really doubt this is going to happen.  I don’t think BI has any control over this, and I really doubt it’s in a position to “strike a deal” with either of these behemoth companies. 

I dont no why everyone keeps saying good work lol wot a joke as if . Fix the cars we don't care about stuff that don't matter for God sake fix the cars tbh if they have not fixed them it because they can not fix end of the wipe as well wot a load of shit they are doing it because they can not fix duping . And I hope they dont because its because of dupers I kill them to get my gun because the devs can't be arsed to fix it so everyone get wiped . Load of shit if ya ask me add something good to the game not crap like a m4 sniper rifle . Add a good gun like the m20 50cal . Im on a series x and u would not think it how the game plays .why don't u fuck dayz off after 15 year you still can not get it right try listening to the people that have to play ya shitly mad game LISTEN TO WONT WE WANT THE PLEOPLE THAT PAYED 2 MUCH FOR THE GAME TO START WILL THEY ADD CRAP THAT NO ONE WANT !!!!!!!

Money money they are rolling in the shit after game pass deal and selling to China put more people on the instead of the 5 people u have 

34 minutes ago, 999white999 said:

I dont no why everyone keeps saying good work lol wot a joke as if . Fix the cars we don't care about stuff that don't matter for God sake fix the cars tbh if they have not fixed them it because they can not fix end of the wipe as well wot a load of shit they are doing it because they can not fix duping . And I hope they dont because its because of dupers I kill them to get my gun because the devs can't be arsed to fix it so everyone get wiped . Load of shit if ya ask me add something good to the game not crap like a m4 sniper rifle . Add a good gun like the m20 50cal . Im on a series x and u would not think it how the game plays .why don't u fuck dayz off after 15 year you still can not get it right try listening to the people that have to play ya shitly mad game LISTEN TO WONT WE WANT THE PLEOPLE THAT PAYED 2 MUCH FOR THE GAME TO START WILL THEY ADD CRAP THAT NO ONE WANT !!!!!!!

Maybe you dont care. Others do. Yes 50cal Will help this game.... Really? Your An idiot if you think that's what the game needs. Speak for yourself not others. 

Also 15 years? Lmao you know nothing and like you're caps exagerating is what you do... 

• Thanks 1

Hello Devs,

Negatives:

First i would like to state that i understand that you guys want to promote stealth and what not.. however, i literally hit a zombie over the head with a sledgehammer 5 times in order for him to drop. Hitting a normal person IRL with a sledgehammer 5 times would turn them into pumpkin pie... lets be real, the zombies are super OP now. That being said it aalso took me 4 swipes across the head of a zombie with a splitting axe. Also, i haven't experienced it yet but rifle rounds are one tap when PvP? Not sure if thats a good idea as it would promote the violence on freshies and its not like people already dont camp the spawn points, especially console players.... which i am an Xbox Series X user.

Positives:

So far only positives i have come across are the new snacks, and i also i believe as a player you are able to absorb more strikes from a zombie before you actually start bleeding. The snacks are nice and are fulfilling. Love the "full stomach" notification so that you don't throw up.

Im sure ill be back to add to the positives however this is all i have experienced so far. 

P.s. I hope you guys optimize the game at least at 60fps for next gen consoles.... Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am all for new updates and new challenges. That being said, i really think the zombies are a little too OP. Heavy melee weapons should one-tap with a head hit (in most shows and movies, the head is where you'd aim for instant un(?)death), so things like sledgehammers, pick axes, etc. For stealth, im not sure how stealthy you need to be because those things can hear a mouse fart for you to ever be able to get a jump on them. Keep up the good work, though. Loving the state of the game.

I've found a problem in this update(1.12). I was testing the new game balistic system, and found out that the stab vest can take 5 rounds of 9mm, and the ballistic only 4 rounds. When tested for the 556, both got 2 rounds, and the plate carrier 4. I think since the stab vest was supoused to be against only knifes and low caliber rounds, and the ballistic vest against mediun caliber rounds, doesnt make any sense the stab vest be better than the ballistic. 

I believe that the vest system would be better if the balistic vest got a buff, and could suport not 2, but 3 rounds of 556. This way it would be more realistic and would improve the vest tier distribution. Ondering the vest tiers with my porpouse:

Tier 1- Stab vest/Tatical vest (5 shots of 9mm/2 shots of 556)

Tier 2- Ballistic vest (7 shots of 9mm/3 shots of 556)

Tier 3- Plate carrier vest (10 shotes of 9mm/4 shots of 556)

• Like 1

I wonder when they’re going to fix the glitch when you cannot ADS and climb and open doors well that happen. Happened today but dis time I cannot change weapon. First time is happening in a fire fight, kill one guy turn and see he’s friend.  I have the chance to kill him but then I was glitched so I had to run away for full circle from two zombies ” infekterad ” tell my friend could kill them so I can log out and back in. Very frustrated. 

They need to do something with a zombies. I sneak around and behind them but they still hear you when you sit still. 

Xbox

Edited by Snake14180

I played a bunch of exp and i have to say i really like most of the changes!

I am not completely happy about zombies not killing unconscious players, since people get knocked out by players way more I think its the optimal solution though.

We might not have Helicopters or flawless cars but every update brings a load of small changes, fixes and addons that greatly enhance the game in its entirety.

• Like 1

I strongly dislike the zombies attack moves and how they take hits from melee weapons compare to the last official patch 1.11. And don`t release an official patch 1.12 in this current experimental state.

Suggestions: Add new zombie animations; maybe damage structure like doors, but don`t change the dynamic/behaviour of zombies and how they respond to melee weapons to be specific. This day I saw players run away with more than 2-3 zombies on the experimental servers 1.12 patch and they never stop chasing you.

If zombie chase that long they are not suppose to be agile and quick, so they should run much slower if the aggro do not stop, and this is not a good gameplay feature in my opinion. Why are melee weapons and zombie speed important? Because most of new players in Dayz dont start with a gun, and I think some <new> players feel helpless when they run out of stamina while 2-3 zombies continue to chase with the same runing speed as players. Most players late or middle game get killed by other players and modern guns, and  that is my main reason to balance zombies properly about speed and melee weapons so it is an nuisance with zombies, but not deadly unless you fire a weapon inside Cherno and get chased by 20 zombies and you need to go for a building and a shelter to stay alive. 

Zombies are slow and dumb, they dont have intelligent like us human. 7 days to die they go in walk speed in daytime, and run quick at night time. I would suggest to go through basic of zombies, and discuss it why zombies run as fast as players and they are not affected by the environment like weather or day/night cycles for instant. 

Positives: Zombies react differently if a player decide to stealth, and they react diffrently to some guns which is good changes compare to the offifical 1.11 patch. 

I`ve been testing and playing this Dayz game and follow development since the beginning in 2014 (5-6) years ago - so please discuss the current state of zombies about their current speed and how they react or take damage from melee weapons in Dayz before you decide to go out with a new official patch in the coming months. Most players will try to lure & lock zombies inside doors all the time, because melee weapons is much worse vs 2-3 zombies at  the same time in 1.12 patch. Also consider car improvements; we have been waiting a long time for general improvement based on that topic for years as well. 

It`s my current view and feedback about mostly zombie related changes on the 1.12 patch on experimental. 

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 1

They are infected not brain dead zombies. Big difference. 

So i totally disagree with what you said. 

When you Just start on the beach it should be a Challenge. Not; ow Let me Just run Them out. To easy to lock them in houses anyway.

If you want to compare with other games or suggest they go through the basics of zombies as you call them go watch world war Z. Slow? Stopping? Easy? Nope.

Shoot a gun. Be ready to deal with a lot of angry infected.

Not using stealth. Be ready to deal with a lot of infected.

Change your playstyle. Its not supposed to be a stamina run and survive marathon

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, McWendy said:

They are infected not brain dead zombies. Big difference. 

So i totally disagree with what you said. 

When you Just start on the beach it should be a Challenge. Not; ow Let me Just run Them out. To easy to lock them in houses anyway.

If you want to compare with other games or suggest they go through the basics of zombies as you call them go watch world war Z. Slow? Stopping? Easy? Nope.

Shoot a gun. Be ready to deal with a lot of angry infected.

Not using stealth. Be ready to deal with a lot of infected.

Change your playstyle. Its not supposed to be a stamina run and survive marathon

They are still undeads within the same category like zombies so any fantasy genre most of those creatures desribed as slow and dumb horror creatures. The whole run mechanic is tedious in Dayz, u need to wait them out inside a house eventually until they get bored and wander off without a modern military weapon, and bullets are more rare now. The AI features based around infected/zombies lack details, and the Dayz team could be a lot more creative how to approach players as a challenge. And zombies/infected hear door noises now in patch 1.12 is a good change concerning the challenge so you need to aware of your surroundings, but the main threat is always other players.

Lastly it is not based on my or anyone else play style at all. If you aggro 5 infected/zombies at NW Airfield in the open field you are dead in 1.12 patch without shelter. I am aware you can stealth attack zombies in 1 hit with an Axe, but if anyone with a weapon see a guy stealthing in Cherno or Elektro he/she is dead. So back to my reasoning the whole stealth mechanic is great with low population servers, but a full server it is not viable at all if you enjoy the survival aspect of Dayz.  

Edited by Nebulae3

While the patch makes things slightly better for fighting the OP zombies for the second time today I’ve gotten the hand bug after fighting them resulting in death because I can’t bandage myself. I think before we try to make the zombies more difficult (which I’m all for if it’s some what fair) the ADS and hand bugs need all the attention of being fixed. With those being so prominent and the zombies being rather derpy making them this OP to melee damage simply can’t be done at this time. 

My only criticism is the nerfed melee for pickaxe, axe and sledgehammer, these 3 weapons should remain as powerful as they were against zombies. 1 head hit takes them out, and 2 to 3 hits to the torso takes them out, also re instate the stun effect whilst using melee weapons preventing Z's from landing super blows while being attacked. 

stealth with sharp items is a great touch and having the Z's respond in more realistic ways to sound and line of sight is a massive improvement.

My suggestion to make Z attacks more threatening whilst still allowing the melee combat to remain as it was is to limit the amount of hiding you can do whilst aggravating Z's, for example allow agro zombies to break through doors after a certain amount of hits (the more Z's in the attack the quicker they get through the door) also allow them limited climbing abilities such as hay bales, cars and low level scenery.

In its current state stealthing passed zombies is far too time consuming and all out attack is also a massive time suck due to constant health repairs and blood regen. some will argue that it just makes it harder, i would say that it makes it a time consuming bore-fest. DayZ is already a grind with lots of obstacles to overcome, we dont need the zombies to be so OP that the game looses its scavenger/crafting/building fun.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Surfjayce said:

My only criticism is the nerfed melee for pickaxe, axe and sledgehammer, these 3 weapons should remain as powerful as they were against zombies. 1 head hit takes them out, and 2 to 3 hits to the torso takes them out, also re instate the stun effect whilst using melee weapons preventing Z's from landing super blows while being attacked. 

stealth with sharp items is a great touch and having the Z's respond in more realistic ways to sound and line of sight is a massive improvement.

Agreed, increase the damage of big melee weapons BUT increase their inventory size too. Kinda dumb that we can put Splitting axes into jackets.

And give them maybe more stamina drain unless that's already a feature. That would make the difference between big tools vs small tools a bit more important than sheer damage (and a bit of size in the inventory difference, but they are still as of right now, small enough to fit into jackets...)

Only bigger tools should cause zeds to stun, remove power attacks from zeds that would make blocking attacks actually kinda important.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1