Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.12 (Changelog)

4 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

While I hate what they've done to my Deagle, it is "sensible" I spose. But it was a thing of beauty to see some arsehole come at you with an AK blazing like crazy and you could put him away with one shot from a pistol. 😍

It was also my fave zombie tool. Clearing a load of zeds was fairly simple and straightforward. And hunting didn't require me to have to shoot something more than once.

There was also something very satisfying just carrying a sidearm for everything.

So I'll miss the old Deagle now because of the nerf. It's not better than a regular .45 which is easier to find and the ammo is more plentiful. I just won't be wasting time using it now.

Aye, both the Deagle and the Magnum have been fun to use. I didn't check the 1.12 shock value of .357, is it high? Might make them worth picking up still.

5 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

The new infected are only going to make surviving at the beginning even harder than it is now in 1.11. And it's tough enough as it is.

The food system has been borked for a while now. Toon's constantly having to stuff themselves is bloody absurd.

Yep and I'll keep beating the dead horse and say again that in my opinion these are signs that they are going for the arcade crowd instead of HC survival. Because there is gamification of realism and then there is this bs.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:54 AM, -Gews- said:

I didn't test it since then, I assume it's the same as the ticket was not responded to. I would like to mod a few weapons but I lacking in time and skills. Also unable to create any animations for weapons, as far as I know no one has a mod with any new weapon animations on the workshop, it's all recycled vanilla animations.

The damage is much increased on many rounds, here's some off the top of my head:

9mm: 35
45 ACP: 35
357 Magnum: 55
5.45x39: 75
5.56x45: 100
7.62x39: 100
308 Win: 170
7.62x54R: 170

So 5.56 would one-shot at closer ranges. They also have greater differences in shock, the .45 has the same damage as 9mm but more shock to knock out faster.

What is the shock of .357? And compared to .45?

41 minutes ago, Derleth said:

What is the shock of .357? And compared to .45?

It's 75, the .45 is 45, 9mm is 35.

• Like 1

Sorry, I can't quite drop this thing with the vests. Interestingly the STAB vest - which is supposedly designed for law enforcement to use as lightweight protection from knives and other melee violence - was always better vs projectiles than vs melee. Also, in the current 1.12 the hit point changes to tactical and leather vests make them superior to the STAB vest vs melee. It is downright silly.

If you want the stab vest to actually be a lightweight ballistic vest then call it just that. Or better yet, add a new item - a "police ballistic vest". Like the stab vest - no inventory - but with the ballistic protection of the 1.12 stab vest. Then give the stab vest a proper buff vs melee. You can't have "stab vest" that in fact provides the worst melee protection out of any vest you can wear...

Now its classname is actually "policevest" which does give a hint, but as long as the in-game description speaks of "knife attacks" maybe let the stab vest be a stab vest and add another vest taking the role given to the stab vest in 1.12?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

12 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Then give the stab vest a proper buff vs melee. You can't have "stab vest" that in fact provides the worst melee protection out of any vest you can wear...

Yes. Because after the buff of infected and increased chance of scratching you, I've once again started looking at the resistances of clothing and was actually prone to wearing the stab vest at least early in the game.

I was pleased that this element of clothing would be significant again. But no. The one item that should give the most protection in this case turns out to be complete garbage. And instead of creating a ballistic protection clone, if that is the intention, they mess up the existing stab vest. What the ever loving F is the though process behind that? 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Beans 2

29 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Yes. Because after the buff of infected and increased chance of scratching you, I've once again started looking at the resistances of clothing and was actually prone to wearing the stab vest at least early in the game.

I was pleased that this element of clothing would be significant again. But no. The one item that should give the most protection in this case turns out to be complete garbage. And instead of creating a ballistic protection clone, if that is the intention, they mess up the existing stab vest. What the ever loving F is the though process behind that? 

Don't know, to be honest it seems like there was just a bit of tossing around with numbers and not much thought behind.

Anyway, @Kyiara here's a quick suggestion to the team on vest "balancing" along with a new "police ballistic" vest* that would make a little more sense and give each vest a role:

CndrBd7.jpg

The numbers are arbitrary, pretty much pulled out of my rear end, but a general example of how it could look. And imo much more sensible than the current 1.12 settings.

*) This could basically be a recolored stab vest. Premise is it lacks inventory like the stab vest so it can assume the role given to stab vests in 1.12 exp - so stab vests can be better in melee and less efficient vs projectiles.

Edited by Derleth

By the way, do clothes/vests still have a bleeding resist stat? I remember that being a thing in 0.62. If that one is still in the game - and very high for the stab vest - it might explain a few things. I can't say I've noticed any difference to how often zeds cut me with or without me wearing a stab vest, but you never know. I rearely pick them up..

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

Aye, both the Deagle and the Magnum have been fun to use. I didn't check the 1.12 shock value of .357, is it high? Might make them worth picking up still.

Maybe. But the hassle of trying to find the ammo negates any possible worth for me. And on Namalsk, where I am at the moment, that's a real chore.

4 minutes ago, lobart78 said:

Still no changes against cheaters and hackers on pc official servers? Wtf?

They never ever say anything about that publicly.

13 minutes ago, lobart78 said:

Still no changes against cheaters and hackers on pc official servers? Wtf?

I have no idea about duping but it could easily be fixed by giving each item an Unique ID. Then on server restarts clean up duplicate IDs when players join the game.
BattlEye is directly responsible for preventing hackers though, and the DayZ developers say they aren't involved anymore.

WOBO put together this comparison video about armour: (also, apparently the 5.56 has been brought down to 90 damage in one of the updates to 1.12)

6 minutes ago, vitdom said:

I have no idea about duping but it could easily be fixed by giving each item an Unique ID. Then on server restarts clean up duplicate IDs when players join the game.

Seems like a reasonable idea, hopefully it's of some use to devs.

10 minutes ago, vitdom said:
BattlEye is directly responsible for preventing hackers though, and the DayZ developers say they aren't involved anymore.

I hope you are joking right now because I have been killed SEVERAL times standing in a room with no windows so clearly it doesn’t work

PC Experimental 1.12 Update 3: Version 1.12.153836 (Released on 13.04.2021)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Client crash related to inventory swapping
  • Items were hard to reach around certain objects in the inventory vicinity
  • Blood loss effect (desaturation) could not be seen after re-logging (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151441)
  • Dynamic events (such as crashed helicopter) could disappear close to the player
  • Cancelling of connecting to a server was not working
  • Garden plots could be placed into each other and were floating
  • The player could avoid the limping animation by performing an action while in prone (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156558)

CHANGED

• "Already connecting" server browser message now gives 3 options instead of two (New option "No" will cancel the new connection attempt and continue the previous)
  • Re-adjusted air friction for bullets
  • Initial speed of bullets is lower and typical speed is higher (based on min/max speed for the specific kind of bullet)
  • Initial speed is modified by weapons and is balanced to make non automatic weapons deal more damage per bullet than automatic ones
  • Damage is now correctly calculated as a proportion of impact speed over typical speed
  • Heavy Impact rounds no longer deal increased shock damage, but retain this damage for longer distances
  • Increased the damage of shotgun pellets
  • Lowered leg health and armor against projectiles, increasing chances of a broken leg during a firefight
  • Stab vest now offers less ballistic protection than the ballistic vest
  • Increased durability of the all body armors
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

1 minute ago, Kyiara said:

PC Experimental 1.12 Update 3: Version 1.12.153836 (Released on 13.04.2021)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Client crash related to inventory swapping
  • Items were hard to reach around certain objects in the inventory vicinity
  • Blood loss effect (desaturation) could not be seen after re-logging (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151441)
  • Dynamic events (such as crashed helicopter) could disappear close to the player
  • Cancelling of connecting to a server was not working
  • Garden plots could be placed into each other and were floating
  • The player could avoid the limping animation by performing an action while in prone (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T156558)

CHANGED

• "Already connecting" server browser message now gives 3 options instead of two (New option "No" will cancel the new connection attempt and continue the previous)
  • Initial speed of bullets is lower and typical speed is higher (based on min/max speed for the specific kind of bullet)
  • Initial speed is modified by weapons and is balanced to make non automatic weapons deal more damage per bullet than automatic ones
  • Damage is now correctly calculated as a proportion of impact speed over typical speed
  • Heavy Impact rounds no longer deal increased shock damage, but retain this damage for longer distances
  • Lowered leg health and armor against projectiles, increasing chances of a broken leg during a firefight

Nobody cares, there are hackers on official servers, fix those! Jesus crist

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, lobart78 said:

Nobody cares, there are hackers on official servers, fix those! Jesus crist

Again, they cannot.

It's up to the BattlEye, not the devs.

Also there is no point to play on official servers. Find an active community server.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

Well then, this is interesting!

So how big is the initial speed modifier for non-automatic rifles? Still the fantasy-land railgun 50% or something more reasonable?

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

17 minutes ago, lobart78 said:

I hope you are joking right now because I have been killed SEVERAL times standing in a room with no windows so clearly it doesn’t work

Doors can be shot through.

35 minutes ago, Derleth said:

WOBO put together this comparison video about armour: (also, apparently the 5.56 has been brought down to 90 damage in one of the updates to 1.12)

*YOUTUBE LINK I DELETED TO SAVE SOME SPACE*

Wtf tactical vest gave armor in 1.11?!?

I like the uncon changes, but I still don't like the one shotting with rounds that are commonly found in ARs, maybe just dial down the damage by approx 25% so that things (SKS in particular, 7.62x39 shouldn't be a one shot caliber, neither should 5.56 or any other round found in ARs) can uncon players, but not kill them in one shot.

EDIT: lmao, just as I was writing this, another EXP version arrived... throw that outta the window. Now I'm interested in these new changes, because it seems to be better now, but I can't be sure.

And please fix the reloadTime or whatever that is causing the rate of fire issues.

Edited by DefectiveWater

9 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Doors can be shot through.

Everything can be shot through. But what cannot be done without cheats is hitting the head with the first shot through a door or a wall.

18 minutes ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Again, they cannot.

It's up to the BattlEye, not the devs.

Also there is no point to play on official servers. Find an active community server.

Can you tell me 1 server that is as performant as the official one and has no mods, active admins and you can choose 1 or 3pp and is in/close middle europe?

3 minutes ago, Bernd1986 said:

Everything can be shot through. But what cannot be done without cheats is hitting the head with the first shot through a door or a wall.

That is true, hackers will always be prevalent in ANY game that doesn't have active admins (not blaming devs, that's just how it is). Coincidentally, community servers often have admins, play those. No... not every community server is a COD PUBG TARKOV FORTNITE simulator, sadly a lot of them are. And sadly, quality servers are rare, servers that are fully vanilla or have vanilla feel are rare.

Edited by DefectiveWater

DayZ is already a niche-filling game, vanilla/vanillafeel community servers are even more of a niche.