boggle

Returning player, been 2 years. What's new?

I quit playing shortly after 1.0 release. I've got 2000 hours from initial dayz sa launch until 1.0. 

What has changed be it improvements or new bugs? I see there is Livonia (not giving BI any more money). And bears. But I see the cars are still spaceships as well, despite being told many times by Eugene that it's fixed. 

I'm missing the game and would like to jump back into it, but I'd like a rundown on some of the changes/improvements/bugs to avoid. 

Off the top of my head, my questions are:

* is there aircraft in the official game yet?

* How is the cold/hypothermic mechanic?

* Is hunger super easy to deal with?

* Is fishing back yet?

* New map changes? (last I remember they overhauled the big town east of the mishinkino tents (also the tents are gone), elektro is changed, and nearly every other major town). 

* new weapons? 

* is it still a pita if you're near an object trying to aim and the character pulls their gun up at the worst time? 

* bicycles yet? (In official stable branch) 

* are the zombies still bugged, going through walls? (there was a regression with this around 1.0)

* can we craft camouflaged/improvised tents yet? (in official) 

* can we modify guns at a bench as was teased years ago? 

* can you throw grenades yet? (was a regression around 1.0 where they'd bug out and land at your feet or detonate prematurely) 

* are broken legs back in game where you must crawl if they're broken? This was a major turnoff for me when they removed this mechanic. 

* is loot spawning balanced? By this, I mean is not impossible to find automatic rifles like aks or m4s but also not super easy? 

* is melee fixed? 1.0 had a regression where you could easily knock people out and using melee weapons was super clumsy. 

* my other biggest complaint was that cars require 20 hours to find all the components only to become unusable at the slightest bump where components break. Or worse, they bug out and go into space. I see the latter is still an issue which is disappointing. 

Overall, I prefer to play on official servers and not modded servers bc I don't want to deal with admin abuse. And have to rely on their own spin on the game with a hodge podge of mods I like but also a bunch I dislike. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, boggle said:

I quit playing shortly after 1.0 release. I've got 2000 hours from initial dayz sa launch until 1.0. 

What has changed be it improvements or new bugs? I see there is Livonia (not giving BI any more money). And bears. But I see the cars are still spaceships as well, despite being told many times by Eugene that it's fixed. 

I'm missing the game and would like to jump back into it, but I'd like a rundown on some of the changes/improvements/bugs to avoid. 

Off the top of my head, my questions are:

* is there aircraft in the official game yet?

* How is the cold/hypothermic mechanic?

* Is hunger super easy to deal with?

* Is fishing back yet?

* New map changes? (last I remember they overhauled the big town east of the mishinkino tents (also the tents are gone), elektro is changed, and nearly every other major town). 

* new weapons? 

* is it still a pita if you're near an object trying to aim and the character pulls their gun up at the worst time? 

* bicycles yet? (In official stable branch) 

* are the zombies still bugged, going through walls? (there was a regression with this around 1.0)

* can we craft camouflaged/improvised tents yet? (in official) 

* can we modify guns at a bench as was teased years ago? 

* can you throw grenades yet? (was a regression around 1.0 where they'd bug out and land at your feet or detonate prematurely) 

* are broken legs back in game where you must crawl if they're broken? This was a major turnoff for me when they removed this mechanic. 

* is loot spawning balanced? By this, I mean is not impossible to find automatic rifles like aks or m4s but also not super easy? 

* is melee fixed? 1.0 had a regression where you could easily knock people out and using melee weapons was super clumsy. 

* my other biggest complaint was that cars require 20 hours to find all the components only to become unusable at the slightest bump where components break. Or worse, they bug out and go into space. I see the latter is still an issue which is disappointing. 

I am fairly new to the game but I will give it a whirl.

No aircraft, besides cars.  Would you really want them introducing aircraft before the other problems are corrected?

The hypothermia problem is ok.

Hunger is easy to deal with but I do find it odd you have to eat so much to fill your cores from the start.  It seems like way too much food for one person to eat.

Fishing is easy.

There are tents.  They can be damaged now. They have added some places to the map.

I don't know if there are new weapons.

I don't understand your question about pulling the gun up.

No bikes.

Zombies are on roof tops and have been in my buildings through locked doors.  I have not had one of them follow me through a wall though.

I think you can make a tent.  I know they can be camo'd because I have found them in that condition.

No gunsmithing.  You can saw the barrels off of some guns with a hacksaw.

Yes you can throw grenades.

Yes you have to crawl with a broken leg, or risk passing out from walking.

I have never found a M4 or full sized AK.

Melee is still lagged.  Enemies are able to run through you.  Sometimes I don't know where I am swinging.

Forget about vehicles, they are beyond their abilities.

First your list:
- Aircraft: No, only on modded servers;
- Cold mechanic: They just added it(i mean, tweaked it) on 1.10, now it's a thing;
- Hunger is easy if you know how to handle it, some people find it hard, but most of them are not aware of all possible source of food/water;
- Fishing is back;
- About map changes we got a few, but nothing major, as i'm not sure how was it at 1.0 i can't say it properly, but sure wasn't something massive;
- New weapons: We got a few, most notably was the Vaiga (aka Saiga) and revolver, but you can see the full list here https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapons
- Not sure what you mean by that, but weapon length still a thing. For example: You can't aim a shotgun if you have a guy too close too you (distance based on weapon length);
- No bike yet;
- Zombies don't really go thought walls anymore, but they sometimes spawn inside a wall or a roof;
- Yes, you can craft your own ghillie and an improvised shelter.
- Don't remember that, but you can't modify them. Just swap between attachments;
- Yes you can throw grenades, and pretty much everything else too!!
- They just added broken bone on the last patch too;
- On loot is varies server by server, there is something called CLE (central loot economy) and explaining it would take a quite long time, so i suggest you read it yourself here https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Central_Loot_Economy
- You can still do that, but depends on your weapon. For example: Hitting a player with a sledgehammer might knock him out in 2-3 hits, but doing that with a hammer will take longer. Also blunt weapon does damage to health as well as shock damage  but a knife does damage to health and cuts you (apply a bleed);
- Cars are far easier to get now, but still has same issues as before, if you bump (no matter how slow you are) it does broke if you don't have a hood, with a hood you get some gap but still very "breakable". Server desynch is not fixed yet, you can easily enter a car and get ejected into space. I suggest you to avoid cars for now.

They added alot to improve the game along the way, for someone who haven't been played since 1.0 you will notice that the game is far better now but still a long way to go.