Tyllwyd

Unkown illness

Symptoms: excessive fulid intake and illness symbol

Cause : Unknow ?

Ihave had this twice with two different characters have to nearly be drinking all the time ,drink or eat too much and you vomit with no stomach full symbol.

Anyone suffed this if so what is it ?

Medicine has no effect on it?????????

I had the same thing happen a couple times now. Your eating what you "think" is the appropriate amount, your character isn't full, and then boom throwing up. No germ symbol, stomache symbol isn't full......my only guess is the apple symbol is now just a "suggestion" as to how full your character is. My best advice is to eat a bit at a time......a lil bit here, go loot a whole building, then eat a bit more when you wander to the next building....after 4 or 5 buildings, your apple should be full white, however the stomach symbol means your on the verge of throwing up and should not even think about eating or drinking anymore.

Unless you have a germ symbol. If you have a germ symbol, but your not sneezing, then that means you have food poisoning. You must try to wait it out, it will take a day or two IRL, but using antibiotics and charcoal pills will help shorten the duration. In the mean time, only take nibbles of food.....I had it in 1.09, found the best way to prevent myself from throwing up was to only consume 3 bites of fat at a time. no more. The tough part was hydration, I finally had to settle on a saline bag to cure that problem.

I had eaten some cooked meat fresh kill then cooked within 10 mins ,i went through 5 charcoal,5 antibiotic with no symptoms coughing or vomit and vomited after drinking a full bottle of clean water when my thurst was on yellow ,i changed my gloves and mask it lasted two days so i killed my self have not had it since.

I have spoken to a fellow player who had the same illness he got rid by taking 1 antibiotic then removing 2 bags of his blood waited till the tablet symbol went took another antibiotic took the two bags of blood and laid flat then illness went he thinks it comes from ruined foot wear and it blood poisoning.

Yeah sometimes with updates weird Illness effects can show up but I suspect the OP suffered from was over eating. Now the food & liquid icons are more representative of there actual reservoir, on top of this the Devs have upped the amount of calories I pretty much all food & reduced the amount you can consume before the Stomach Icon appears for eating to much to fast. Cooked fat is the main culprit here as eating one whole piece of fat in one go will generally always cause vomiting now regardless of your hunger level. Just remember that the stomac icon can show up for less than a second before you puke & it represents eating to much to fast, not having a full stomach. Just make sure to eat half of the fat at a time & pay very close attention to your churning stomach symbol when eating/drinking

1 hour ago, Tyllwyd said:

I had eaten some cooked meat fresh kill then cooked within 10 mins ,i went through 5 charcoal,5 antibiotic with no symptoms coughing or vomit and vomited after drinking a full bottle of clean water when my thurst was on yellow ,i changed my gloves and mask it lasted two days so i killed my self have not had it since.

I have spoken to a fellow player who had the same illness he got rid by taking 1 antibiotic then removing 2 bags of his blood waited till the tablet symbol went took another antibiotic took the two bags of blood and laid flat then illness went he thinks it comes from ruined foot wear and it blood poisoning.

Just to be clear, you did wash your hands after handling the raw meat, right? 

Was better was wearing medical gloves then changed to working ones

10 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yeah sometimes with updates weird Illness effects can show up but I suspect the OP suffered from was over eating. Now the food & liquid icons are more representative of there actual reservoir, on top of this the Devs have upped the amount of calories I pretty much all food & reduced the amount you can consume before the Stomach Icon appears for eating to much to fast. Cooked fat is the main culprit here as eating one whole piece of fat in one go will generally always cause vomiting now regardless of your hunger level. Just remember that the stomac icon can show up for less than a second before you puke & it represents eating to much to fast, not having a full stomach. Just make sure to eat half of the fat at a time & pay very close attention to your churning stomach symbol when eating/drinking

You obviously didnt read my reply my fluids were YELLOW before drinking clean water and i have Never puked from drinking clean water when yellow.  Plus ihad the illness symbol with NO symptoms but if you had bothered to read it like the others have you would know this.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:01 PM, Tyllwyd said:

You obviously didnt read my reply my fluids were YELLOW before drinking clean water and i have Never puked from drinking clean water when yellow.  Plus ihad the illness symbol with NO symptoms but if you had bothered to read it like the others have you would know this.

sounds like cholera, but I don't know how you infected yourself.

how many water containers do you have?  is it possible one of them is infected from a prior hunting session... or you might have forgot to disinfect?  You fine until you rotate your drinking bottles.. then you get sick?

I keep a lot of water bottles at my base, I don't like having to worry about trips to a well.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:59 AM, VodkaFish said:

sounds like cholera, but I don't know how you infected yourself.

how many water containers do you have?  is it possible one of them is infected from a prior hunting session... or you might have forgot to disinfect?  You fine until you rotate your drinking bottles.. then you get sick?

I keep a lot of water bottles at my base, I don't like having to worry about trips to a well.

All the water i had was clean i wore two gloves blue surgical for cutting up my kill and putting it awaand picking it up for cooking and another for everything else.

If it keeps happening?  it sounds like something is re-infecting you.  like an old water bottle or something.   You might have 10 water bottles/canteens.  9/10 of them are fine.   You drink from the one and presto.. you are reinfected.

Edited by VodkaFish

4 hours ago, Tyllwyd said:

All the water i had was clean i wore two gloves blue surgical for cutting up my kill and putting it awaand picking it up for cooking and another for everything else.

It's worth noting that wearing gloves prevents infection. You don't need to take them off or change them after cutting up meat

You have cholera. Probably from one infected watter bottle. It takes a while to go away, multivitamin pills and tetracycline are helping, but it still takes awful long.
You can only eat & drink little by little, otherwise you will throw up again.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:23 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

It's worth noting that wearing gloves prevents infection. You don't need to take them off or change them after cutting up meat

I know but with this game you never know it is day z after all lol

On 12/10/2020 at 9:13 AM, Wedg3 said:

You have cholera. Probably from one infected watter bottle. It takes a while to go away, multivitamin pills and tetracycline are helping, but it still takes awful long.
You can only eat & drink little by little, otherwise you will throw up again.

As i have said all water is clean i use chlorine tabs after filling every bottle ,canteen and jerrycan since the first post i have not had the no symtom illness

13 minutes ago, Tyllwyd said:

I know but with this game you never know it is day z after all lol

True, better safe than sorry. A few updates back I was playing with a friend and he kept getting ill. We couldn't work out what was causing it. The only thing we could narrow it down to was the fact that the knife he killed infected with was also what he used to open food tins. Will never know for sure I guess. 

On 12/4/2020 at 12:01 AM, Tyllwyd said:

One your rude as hell, I spent time replying to you only for you to have a hissy fit. Two your odviously fairly new to the game as you have no understanding of the sickness symbol. you could have thrown up just from drinking to much whilst suffering from food poisoning or cholera. the amount of rude 15yr olds on this forum is insane. take a deep breath & realise you need an attitude adjustment.

• Like 1

Just sounds to me like cholera. Easy to forget that you haven't chlorinated the water or some such thing. I guess we've all done it before. I once went to empty a bottle and drank some of it by accident. Anyway, doesn't seem to be a bug, more likely just forgot to sterilise the water.