0.64 Freerider

Free Weekend + no servers added = ?

vT8YlhT.jpg

Seriously, how retarded can you be? How many of these free weekend testers you think are gonna stay and buy the game with these queue times? Stupid!

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

vT8YlhT.jpg

Seriously, how retarded can you be? How many of these free weekend testers you think are gonna stay and buy the game with these queue times? Stupid!

Yeah once again they didn't think it through....  Missed opportunities......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Zed said:

Community servers....

Noobs. Never touched DayZ. Want play vanilla. Want vanilla experience. Go in "official" tab. See queue "49". Uninstall game.

Let me know if you'd like to take this conversation to a non-caveman level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Noobs. Never touched DayZ. Want play vanilla. Want vanilla experience. Go in "official" tab. See queue "49". Uninstall game.

Yeah @Uncle Zed you didn't think that through 😂 

Free Rider has a good point. First spelling point should be and mostly Will be a vanilla experience. 

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

I have two servers. One is vanilla.

Edited by Uncle Zed

20 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Takes two to fight...  Ignore me---   Takes a free weekend to fight...   I even know begining cheat catchers freely practising with all sorts of success  the last day!  Even learned how to catch the last 30 secconds with game bar, thanx to this weekend

Edited by Exxoduss
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, erickatano said:

This is war. I want to play Vanilla and I want my $40 to allow me to play at your expense without some tard who owns a hive and can spawn whatever he wants.

If you're playing on a vanilla community server, there's no admin tools so nothing can be spawned in. Admin mods are required on both the client and server so just look for a community vanilla server with no mods and you're good. 

As far as community servers with admin tools, not every admin spawns stuff in for themselves. I have one vanilla and one modded server. On the modded server I play like everyone else. I spawn nothing in for myself.

• Beans 1

On 2/14/2020 at 5:33 AM, 0.64 Freerider said:

vT8YlhT.jpg

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly this. 
I figured i would try dayz on pc because im done with it on console due to shit servers, bugs and glitches, and ghost bullets. That and some friends of mine who also gave up on console said that the pc version was “better”.
Anyways, I downloaded it on pc the moment it was available, sat in a queue of 16 for over an hour, and was able to play just long enough to loot half of solnechiy before recieving a no message received kick. Tried joining in again and was placed in queue again, this time 41. So i went to bed. Checked randomly throughout the day yesterday and every time was placed in a queue of 40 or better. 
Way to go BI, you have once again amazed me with your incompetence and lack of foresight. 
Like fuck would i ever give you guys another cent, id rather see you go bankrupt for selling a broken alpha version of a game and calling it 1.0. SHAME SHAME SHAME!! Lol

Oh and ftr, im sure the nmr is just a bullshit mechanic to keep the queue moving and has nothing to do with actual network disruptions!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

If you're playing on a vanilla community server, there's no admin tools so nothing can be spawned in. Admin mods are required on both the client and server so just look for a community vanilla server with no mods and you're good. 

As far as community servers with admin tools, not every admin spawns stuff in for themselves. I have one vanilla and one modded server. On the modded server I play like everyone else. I spawn nothing in for myself.

You're missing the point, Uncle.  The free weekend is intended to draw in new players that have never played the game before.  They are not going to know the differences between  an official server and a community server right off the bat.  Most likely, their first experience with the game is going to be on an official server and if that first experience is waiting in a never-ending queue, they'll just move on and write off the free weekend as a failure.

I was at a company Christmas party once that was open bar and spouses were invited, so we literally had hundreds of people there, but they had only one bar station and one bartender when the night first started.  I waited 45 minutes and still was about 12th in line before I said fuck it and a bunch of us fucked off to our favorite pub.

If you announce something as free, expect a lot of turnout and be prepared for it.  Once again, as usual, Bohemia wasn't.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, drgullen said:

You're missing the point, Uncle.  The free weekend is intended to draw in new players that have never played the game before.  They are not going to know the differences between  an official server and a community server right off the bat.  Most likely, their first experience with the game is going to be on an official server and if that first experience is waiting in a never-ending queue, they'll just move on and write off the free weekend as a failure.

I was at a company Christmas party once that was open bar and spouses were invited, so we literally had hundreds of people there, but they had only one bar station and one bartender when the night first started.  I waited 45 minutes and still was about 12th in line before I said fuck it and a bunch of us fucked off to our favorite pub.

If you announce something as free, expect a lot of turnout and be prepared for it.  Once again, as usual, Bohemia wasn't.

I've had a good number of "Survivor" players on my vanilla server today. I'd venture a guess that many of them are players trying out DayZ for the first time.

11 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

I've had a good number of "Survivor" players on my vanilla server today. I'd venture a guess that many of them are players trying out DayZ for the first time.

There are only two community servers, that run Vanilla DayZ and have decent population: "TheRunningManz" and "Village" and the latter has kind of died of too, so we're left with the "TheRunningManZ" and it's got queue times usually about as bad as you get in official this weekend. @drgullen analogy was perfect. I understand, that your first reaction, was to defend Bohemias decision and look for error on the players side of things, but there's no shame in taking a step back, when you see some sense in something you haven't seen sense in before, due to having received some more information.

If all you're looking for in a vanilla server is high population, you're going to wait in a queue. Not everyone wants to bump into other players every 50 meters. Some players actually enjoy playing without the constant PVP seen on high population servers.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Zed said:

If all you're looking for in a vanilla server is high population, you're going to wait in a queue. Not everyone wants to bump into other players every 50 meters. Some players actually enjoy playing without the constant PVP seen on high population servers.

Come on man, the population on your server is 5/60. I will hardly bump into ANYONE there. And as @drgullen has explained, people who play the game for the first time, won't find it. They will check the official tab.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 0.64 Freerider said:

Come on man, the population on your server is 5/60. I will hardly bump into ANYONE there. And as @drgullen has explained, people who play the game for the first time, won't find it. They will check the official tab.

It depends on the experience you want from the game and I disagree with them only looking at official servers. When I play a new survival type game with a server browser and official/community servers, I frequently look for community servers, especially those with lower population so I can learn the game without dieing right away from other players. Different strokes for different folks.

The long queues due to the free weekend sucks but its nice to see the servers full and people playing the game again.

On 2/15/2020 at 1:34 PM, Exxoduss said:

Takes two to fight...  Ignore me---   Takes a free weekend to fight...   I even know begining cheat catchers freely practising with all sorts of success  the last day!  Even learned how to catch the last 30 secconds with game bar, thanx to this weekend

Dude, what the fuck?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Grimey Rick said:

Dude, what the fuck?

I think what he's saying is, that he suspects cheaters to abuse the free weekend in order to improve their cheats without having to buy the game again when their account is banned. He also recorded some of it with the "game bar".

On 2/14/2020 at 12:33 PM, 0.64 Freerider said:

There is no way they could've anticipated the popularity of this free weekend, if you look at the last few free weekends, they were never as popular as this one, preemptively making new servers has a high possibility of it just simply not being worth it, and they (+ the money invested) going to waste. It happens, can't really predict these things.

7 hours ago, thurstonn said:

There is no way they could've anticipated the popularity of this free weekend, if you look at the last few free weekends, they were never as popular as this one, preemptively making new servers has a high possibility of it just simply not being worth it, and they (+ the money invested) going to waste. It happens, can't really predict these things.

Better. Safe. Than. Sorry.

9 hours ago, thurstonn said:

Using the analogy I put in this thread earlier, this would be like my company hiring only one bartender because they couldn't anticipate how many spouses were going to attend the Christmas party.  C'mon, man.  There's no excuse for not renting at least a few additional temporary servers for this type of event.

• Thanks 1

The people making these decisions are programmers. They do not understand how a business should operate. Give them a break. They are not suited for constructive criticism or logical decisions.