PEACE_543

Reverse Loot Hoarding

Could it be possible to balance the lack of loot by hoarding mass amounts of clothing and other useless loot?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PEACE_543 said:

Could it be possible to balance the lack of loot by hoarding mass amounts of clothing and other useless loot?

Lol, what a great idea. Start stockpiling pea coats. 

• Like 1

It would be funny to build a huge base and fill it with dozens of crates full of crap. Then see the reaction of people when they raid it

kind of like when god tents were a thing, you'd find countless tents full of completely random shit that makes you wonder why anyone would want any of it, and then tents full of epi pens and morphine before they even did anything lol

4 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

It would be funny to build a huge base and fill it with dozens of crates full of crap. Then see the reaction of people when they raid it

Just happened to me 2 days ago. Raided a nice hidden base and all I found was trash. Then here comes ghillie man out of a random tree killing me. I killed 4 of his characters as he kept spawning. It was a mess and a pointless death. 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:54 AM, PEACE_543 said:

I dont think that would make better loot spawn.

The CLE is pretty complicated (to complicated for me to understand fully lol) and it has minimum and maximum-values for each item.

Also, AFAIK then its _only_ the really high-tier stuff (tier 4 guns and such) that gets counted in stashes - normal items will be taken out of the equation if its in your inventory, put in barrels, tents or if buried and will as such spawn as normal even if you put a thousand of them in a bunch of stashes.

They might get counted if they gets dropped on the ground again (instead of in the inventory or a stash), but then they will de-spawn in a matter of some hours and will not count anymore.

This is also why you should _never_ bury high tier gear, it ruins the chance for everyone else (and yourself) to find any more of them spawning - I would keep it on an extra character for safe-keeping instead.

That is how I understand the CLE anyway, please correct me if I am wrong! 

Edited by Jonas Levin

2 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

I dont think that would make better loot spawn.

The CLE is pretty complicated (to complicated for me to understand fully lol) and it has minimum and maximum-values for each item.

Also, AFAIK then its _only_ the really high-tier stuff (tier 4 guns and such) that gets counted in stashes - normal items will be taken out of the equation if its in your inventory, put in barrels, tents or if buried and will as such spawn as normal even if you put a thousand of them in a bunch of stashes.

They might get counted if they gets dropped on the ground again (instead of in the inventory or a stash), but then they will de-spawn in a matter of some hours and will not count anymore.

This is also why you should _never_ bury high tier gear, it ruins the chance for everyone else (and yourself) to find any more of them spawning - I would keep it on an extra character for safe-keeping instead.

That is how I understand the CLE anyway, please correct me if I am wrong! 

Sounds about right, but I still like the idea of hoarding crap. Kinda like some crazy old post apocalypse nut case survivor. "hey, come back to my base my friend, I have lots of great loot for you..." 

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sounds about right, but I still like the idea of hoarding crap. Kinda like some crazy old post apocalypse nut case survivor. "hey, come back to my base my friend, I have lots of great loot for you..." 

It would be a great hoax, no doubt about that!

I would love to sit in a bush nearby and listen to their reaction (if one was so lucky that they used in-game chat...) and hear them swear. 🙂