Greensek

DayZ in 2020

3 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

So, at this point we can say vehicles will never work? I'm trully shocked by this, GTA San Andreas Multiplayer (2004), 16 years old game have multiple functional vehicles (including Helicopters, Boats etc..) but Dayz in 2020 cannot. I'm...speechless.

comparing client side to Server side is not good... cars don't work because you like to play on shitty official or heavily modded servers that has mods that don't work well with other mods... i had no issues with the cars because i play on a good server that is hosted on a nice machine and good internet... simple fix for now... play on a good quality server... complicated fix for later... Bohemia needs to optimize servers because they run on single core... and since they moved the devs to work on Enfusion engine i bet they are doing that right now... because apparently ArmA 4 is gonna be releasing some time this year.. so they are focusing on that really hard and getting the engine ArmA ready.. i guess ArmA 4 will be server sided same as DayZ... the really bottleneck of DayZ is the servers and is the cause of most issues DayZ has... so ez fix is to make servers run on multiple cores and since most of servers are using 8 core xeons and i7s ... some may be using Ryzen... just imagine all the possibilities with more cores... imagine ArmA 4 server hosted on Ryzen Threadripper with 64 cores 128 threads... boi.. it's exciting af 

I'm playing on TRMZ server, 80 players, 40 ping, community, Vanilla. Cars flies like Turkish Airlines.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kevo1414 said:

I'm playing on TRMZ server, 80 players, 40 ping, community, Vanilla. Cars flies like Turkish Airlines.

i play on Lone Survivor server... modded af... 100-120 players... plus a lot in the queue ... cars work fine... we crashed a few times like an actual human error crash... nothing happend they worked fine... so what is your excuse now?

• Haha 1

"They worked fine" 🤣

Excuse? Cars do not work properly, and you can turn it around however you want.

Edited by kevo1414

2 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

"They worked fine" 🤣

Excuse? Cars do not work properly, and you can turn it around however you want.

lol... get a load of this guy lmao... they work if server is good... it's not my fault you play on a server hosted on North Korean Rice Potato computer... as i literally said... it's just a matter of simple server side optimization make them multicore xD you're ignorant like bruh...

"cars do not work properly"

• Beans 1

Wooow 27 seconds! No, 22 seconds to be precise.

"They worked fine" 

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedEndearingAlligatorPraiseIt

Want more? It took me less than 2 minutes to find those videos and past it. I can do this all day... And yea, they y'all probably played on North Korean servers bruh...

Edited by kevo1414
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

Wooow 27 seconds! No, 22 seconds to be precise.

"They worked fine" 

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedEndearingAlligatorPraiseIt

Want more? It took me less than 2 minutes to find those videos and past it. I can do this all day... And yea, they y'all probably played on North Korean servers bruh...

most of these stuff happens on consoles and shitty servers.. how come i don't get ANY problems with cars? huh? can you please explain me that? as i said countless of times... Play on good quality server that is hosted on nice hardware and nice internet... also make sure you have a nice internet too and ping... Cars are freaking server sided so when you get frame drop the car continues to drive instead of freeze in space and time like in ArmA... just play on a good server... those kids that post this crap don't specify the servers... if they did you would see it's either official servers or some shitty community servers that people host on Pentium 4 or somethin with ugandan internet... it's simple... those cars are not bugged it's just desync because servers are heavily single threaded ( core ) just wait till they make the servers multi core... you'll see this no more... plus this is still better then before where cars and trucks would sink into the ground... i love cars in DayZ... they work hella good it's almost as Dirt Rally ... a car simulator... why? because i play on good quality servers with smart ass admins and not some regular people who don't know shit about computers... FIND A GOOD SERVER... and don't play on consoles... they got the 2014 hardware... and DayZ is actually next gen game just on old gen consoles... they should have honestly released on PS5 and xbox series x and honestly i think PS5 would run DayZ much better then xbox because of that fast SSD 
also Bohemia... plz add graphics settings to consoles... the settings on there are probably high and that's why it runs like poop... shiii... when i put Object Quality to Medium on my much more highly powered i3-8100 it causes some fps issues... because it's CPU intensive setting... imagine doing that on 2014's AMD Faildozer derivative 8 core Jaguar CPU at like 1.6ghz xD and don't let me mention that DayZ uses like 10-12gbs of RAM ... and consoles have 8... so where does the rest of the RAM go? yes.. to a slow ass HDD/ Hard Drive... it's called Pagefile ( aka Virtual memory ) and people say to me... it's not console hardware problem it's game optimization.. which kinda is true but it's actually very tiny amount that it is game optimization... it's just old ass hardware
and once again... if you want to play DayZ... and drive cars... play on a good quality server... that's it... end of discussion

8 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Just revert back to 0.62 at this point lmao

why tho... it's kinda bad... back then it had like less then 5k players.. today it has like 20k .. it's a huge difference... saying that new DayZ is better then 0.62... 

10 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

most of these stuff happens on consoles and shitty servers.. how come i don't get ANY problems with cars? huh? can you please explain me that? as i said countless of times... Play on good quality server that is hosted on nice hardware and nice internet... also make sure you have a nice internet too and ping... Cars are freaking server sided so when you get frame drop the car continues to drive instead of freeze in space and time like in ArmA... just play on a good server... those kids that post this crap don't specify the servers... if they did you would see it's either official servers or some shitty community servers that people host on Pentium 4 or somethin with ugandan internet... it's simple... those cars are not bugged it's just desync because servers are heavily single threaded ( core ) just wait till they make the servers multi core... you'll see this no more... plus this is still better then before where cars and trucks would sink into the ground... i love cars in DayZ... they work hella good it's almost as Dirt Rally ... a car simulator... why? because i play on good quality servers with smart ass admins and not some regular people who don't know shit about computers... FIND A GOOD SERVER... and don't play on consoles... they got the 2014 hardware... and DayZ is actually next gen game just on old gen consoles... they should have honestly released on PS5 and xbox series x and honestly i think PS5 would run DayZ much better then xbox because of that fast SSD 
also Bohemia... plz add graphics settings to consoles... the settings on there are probably high and that's why it runs like poop... shiii... when i put Object Quality to Medium on my much more highly powered i3-8100 it causes some fps issues... because it's CPU intensive setting... imagine doing that on 2014's AMD Faildozer derivative 8 core Jaguar CPU at like 1.6ghz xD and don't let me mention that DayZ uses like 10-12gbs of RAM ... and consoles have 8... so where does the rest of the RAM go? yes.. to a slow ass HDD/ Hard Drive... it's called Pagefile ( aka Virtual memory ) and people say to me... it's not console hardware problem it's game optimization.. which kinda is true but it's actually very tiny amount that it is game optimization... it's just old ass hardware
and once again... if you want to play DayZ... and drive cars... play on a good quality server... that's it... end of discussion

If TRMZ isn't a good server than I don't know what it is. 40 ping, no mods, community...and I'm flying while I driving. 

11 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

If TRMZ isn't a good server than I don't know what it is. 40 ping, no mods, community...and I'm flying while I driving. 

40 ping... no mods... community ... hosted on a potato with unstable internet... you're flying when driving.... 
why is it so hard for you to understand? how else can you explain to me that a community vanilla server is worse then highly modded 100 player server? please explain it if you can lol 

13 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

To be honest. I joined TRMZ server a week ago and had a slight delay in actions and a lot of infected were stuck or unresponsive. A day before I played on the Dayzafterdark server (80/80) and the performance was great as far as I noticed. Just an observation though, maybe the TRMZ server had a bad day.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:46 PM, kevo1414 said:

So, at this point we can say vehicles will never work? I'm trully shocked by this, GTA San Andreas Multiplayer (2004), 16 years old game have multiple functional vehicles (including Helicopters, Boats etc..) but Dayz in 2020 cannot. I'm...speechless.

Can't compare those two different games.

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 8:53 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

You are 100% right. But where to place the entire base of players who bought this game?
How many servers declare their high readiness - to correctly reproduce the mechanics of driving a car in DayZ? If the author of the game is not able to provide this, at least - the game must have a single player mode. Network mechanics in DayZ look crap, if you compare it with a series of Armа games, in Armа it looked softer.

Edited by lex__1

3 hours ago, lex__1 said:

You are 100% right. But where to place the entire base of players who bought this game?
How many servers declare their high readiness - to correctly reproduce the mechanics of driving a car in DayZ? If the author of the game is not able to provide this, at least - the game must have a single player mode. Network mechanics in DayZ look crap, if you compare it with a series of Armа games, in Armа it looked softer.

ArmA vehicles are client sided tho... DayZ is server sided... as i said Bohemia will make servers multi core so don't worry

18 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Bohemia will make servers multi core so don't worry 

We have an approximate analogy of the development of Arma3 - Seven years. Bohemia has already achieved success, in gaining a reputation - always unfinished. It makes no sense to worry - this is not my profit from sales. The excitement is experienced by people who rent servers, invest their resources in their development, with the hope that tomorrow something will change.

Or at least give us a 0.62 / 0.63 legacy build to download in steam and play online

Edited by VVarhead
  • Beans 1

On 4/19/2020 at 7:57 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

why tho... it's kinda bad... back then it had like less then 5k players.. today it has like 20k .. it's a huge difference... saying that new DayZ is better then 0.62... 

Features are missing, graphics worse, engine worse, no ballistics, no broken bones, disease system castrated. Less guns

There's a lot of people who wanna play 0,62 or 0.63 so they could really give us a legacy build to play on while people who prefer the new engine play 1.0

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

Features are missing, graphics worse, engine worse, no ballistics, no broken bones, disease system castrated. Less guns

There's a lot of people who wanna play 0,62 or 0.63 so they could really give us a legacy build to play on while people who prefer the new engine play 1.0

sure it has content... but what will you do once DayZ Expansion mod releases that revives DayZ and restores it to it's former glory of DayZ mod... with helicopters and stuff? and a lot of features that were in like broken bones that is coming this year is implemented ... if it 0.62 was really that good then why did it have so small amount of people playing it? sure you got a lot of features... but can you do other things rather then just get gun shoot people? also what do you mean graphics are worse on new DayZ ? you do know 0.62 has Enfusion renderer in? making the graphics almost the same as up to date DayZ ? Engine is not worse... it's just a little in it's infancy... it's a much much better engine and much more capable... plus the IK animations... compared to static animations you had before... player movement isn't clunky... it's much less laggy... and they switched programming language so they have to remake everything from scratch.. ballistics will be improved since this engine will power ArmA 4... and what is a Military Simulation without ballistics? i'm pretty sure ArmA 4 will be almost a re skinned DayZ so they will have a common engine so it will be easy to port things over from ArmA to DayZ... just like before on old DayZ you could install ArmA 2 mods into DayZ... did you see DayZ helicopters on old DayZ ? there is other videos i saw but it was long time ago idk what happend to them... Yeah so anyways... we will be getting Broken Bones this year... maybe even next update who knows... the creator of Namalsk map Sumrak is now DayZ Project Lead... so he will make the game better with survival aspects so he can later this year hopefully released his remastered Namalsk into DayZ... it's gonna have a lot of cool stuff and it's really hard to survive on it... mainly the freezing temperature.. you can follow his development of Namalsk here http://www.nightstalkers.cz/category/nposts/

Hey there, i have a question for dayz dev team. Will other maps from A3 (Tanoa and Altis) be ported to DayZ like Livonia?

Memory fades quick, and as it does glasses tend to become tinted in pink. First of all 0.63 was not the last "legacy" build, 0.63 was the first build with the new enfusion-based player controller. 0.63 was what we got when the legacy branch was frozen and development started more or less from scratch. I played nearly every single stress test of 0.63 and spent many hours on 0.63 experimental all the way up to 1.0.

The first few public 0.63 builds were so basic it was downright silly. Makarov and IZH-18 were the only guns, there was no vaulting or climbing so you auto-levitated over obstacles, just a fraction of items were implemented, chickens were the only animals that were spawning, there were no persistent containers, no diseases or exposure, no cars. What it had though was the new controller which was what made people play it even though 0.62 was still live all the way until beta.

0.62 was just so extremely clunky and broken when you could play it side by side with 0.63, the only thing objectively "better" with 0.62 was content and balance. It was a slower and more hardcore game. It did have a bunch of features that are still missing from what we have now - but everything was broken in one way or another. If you tried to throw something you'd rubberband around that item until you relogged. A five-foot fall would kill you. It was impossible to run in the slightest slope, you'd stupidly start slow walking. Zombies could punch you through walls, cars were even less reliable than now and the bow - as much as I miss it myself - was terribly constructed. Hitting anything with it was a science in itself.

There are lots of things that were in 0.62 that I miss dearly, but that doesn't change the fact it was a broken mess that couldn't be improved on anymore. There was a reason player numbers were down at one or two thousand a day around the time the 0.63 stress tests started. There was a reason 0.63 revived interest in the game even though it was barely a skeleton of a game.

However, in my opionion it went public too early, it should not have been put on experimental until most survival features were in place. As it happened 0.63 was very arcadey for a long time so lots of players got used to a run'n gun gameplay that was simply not practical in 0.62. Attempts to rein it in now are met with howls of bloody murder ("NO LOOT NO FOOD YOU JUST GET SICK AND DIE REEEE") even though gearing up and surviving is still way easier than in 0.62.

Lastly, let's remember everything up to 0.62 and 0.63 exp was alpha early access, devs could add half finished things for testing and leave them in as long as they weren't so buggy it rendered they game unplayable. They can't work like that now, any new or returning item, mechanic or feature needs to be fully working before being added. Exp is used to find bugs that only surface in high load multiplayer situations, but beyond that things need to be complete.

Edit: Bugger, my previous post should have been my last ever.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1

All that said, I'll be annoying and put together a list of all the stuff that was in 0.62 and is still missing:

• Improvised bow and crafting of arrows
  • Tanning leather and leathercrafting
  • Spray paint (guns, ghillies, helmets, axes)
  • Atlas bipod
  • Broken bones
  • Stabbing animations
  • Heart attacks (the defibrillator is working but not spawning currently since there is no condition to treat with it, you can knock people out with them though!)
  • A bunch of melee weapons (Chainsaw, fire extinguisher, baton, telescopic baton, stun baton, cattle prod, sword, mace, pipe wrench, hockey stick, pitch fork, farming hoe, paddle, broom, sickle, hay hook, cleaver, meat tenderizer, any more that I forgot?)
  • A bunch of guns (AUG, RAK, magnum, derringer, trumpet, sporter, pistol-grip shotty, long horn, crossbow, P1, Red9)
  • V3S truck and Transit Bus
  • Rabbit snares & trip wire traps (to be fair these were not functional in 0.62, but I mention them since they were in a few previous builds)
  • Fish traps
  • Flare gun and flares

Planned stuff that never made it:

• Desert Eagle, M249, Groza, M203, RPG, Scout and a few other weapons
  • Littlebird helicopter and Cropduster plane
  • Ambient birds (crows, gulls, pheasants)
  • Ambient animals (rabbits, hedgehogs, foxes)
  • Bikes and motorbikes
  • Barricading buildings
  • Zombie hordes (made a brief appearance in Survivor GameZ however...)
  • Zombies breaking down doors

Did I forget anything?

Get all that stuff in and rebalance the loot tiers and we're all good. Toss in boats on top and we're golden. Helis can stay out for all I care, although I know not everyone will agree...

Edited by Derleth
More
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 18.04.2020 at 21:21, KajMak64Bit2 said:

сравнивать клиентскую часть с серверной стороной нехорошо ... машины не работают, потому что вы любите играть на дерьмовых официальных или сильно модифицированных серверах, на которых есть моды, которые плохо работают с другими модами ... у меня не было проблем с автомобили, потому что я играю на хорошем сервере, который размещен на хорошей машине и в хорошем интернет ... простое исправление на данный момент ... игра на качественном сервере ... сложное исправление на потом ... Богемии нужно оптимизировать серверы, потому что они работают на одном ядре ... и так как они перевели разработчиков на работу с движком Enfusion, держу пари, они делают это прямо сейчас ... потому что, очевидно, ArmA 4 выйдет некоторое время в этом году ... поэтому они сосредоточены на этом очень тяжело и готовый двигатель ArmA .. я думаю, что ArmA 4 будет работать на стороне сервера так же, как DayZ ... действительно узким местом DayZ являются серверы и причина большинства проблем, с которыми сталкивается DayZ ...так что ez fix - заставить серверы работать на нескольких ядрах, и так как большинство серверов используют 8-ядерные xeon и i7s ... некоторые могут использовать Ryzen ... просто представьте все возможности с большим количеством ядер ... представьте себе сервер ArmA 4 на хостинге на Ryzen Threadripper с 64 ядрами 128 потоков ... boi .. это захватывающе 

What armа 4? Are you out of your mind? Where does this information come from? What a lie? There are no announcements and information about this anywhere. Where is the server improvement information? 

This is all an empty phrase. I have been following dayz since the advent of the mod. I have 6 К to hours in this game. And this is my favorite game. But developers are just liars. They will not do anything else. I have all the Arma series of games. They do not finish anything. I will not buy any of their games anymore. 

This company destroyed all my childhood dreams of DAYZ. Let them choke on their 19 bucks. This is all a lie and you are cooking in this lie. I was the same as you and also protected them 4 years ago. Stop telling people tales about multicore servers and Arm 4. Stop lying ! Lets attach Proofs!

This is all lies! (((((

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LEX Pimenov said:

What armа 4? Are you out of your mind? Where does this information come from? What a lie? There are no announcements and information about this anywhere.

Arma4 might not be announced, but the chances of it being in development are pretty high. It is Bohemia's flagship title and it is already known that they are working on a new game that is making full use of Enfusion (DayZ is a hybrid). Why not make your flagship title be the first to make use of the powers of a brand new engine? Additionally, Arma3 got released in 2013. The time is right for a new Arma title.

I am absolutely not interested in which side the cars fly, on the server side, or on the client side. The abnormal behavior of machines is the result of poorly calculated physics in the game and poor data transfer between the client and server. I can play on a stable server, but an abrupt stop of the car or a 90-degree turn will play, car throws, diving vehicles, flying vehicles in any direction and at high speed - the server or client sends or receives incorrect coordinates, or the coordinates are not calculated correctly .
Fix the shitty job! No need to tell tales about complexity. Do not know how to work with physics - hire a specialist.

• Like 1