keithy boy

Giving up

Hi,

I tried Dayz again last night after a lentghy break hoping that it would be playable. It is looking good but the inventory and how you use items in the inventory is mind blowingly broken. How can it be this difficult to make a useable system?

It is slow, awkward and sometimes works and sometimes does not! Looks at the Witcher 3 inventory managment for a comparison of how bad this one is.

Is there an outlook of the next update does anyone know.

4 hours ago, keithy boy said:

Hi,

I tried Dayz again last night after a lentghy break hoping that it would be playable. It is looking good but the inventory and how you use items in the inventory is mind blowingly broken. How can it be this difficult to make a useable system?

It is slow, awkward and sometimes works and sometimes does not! Looks at the Witcher 3 inventory managment for a comparison of how bad this one is.

Is there an outlook of the next update does anyone know.

What's wrong with the inventory? I seem to manage perfectly well. Just takes getting used to. 

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

It is clunky, slow and half the time it makes no sense! I am going to give it one more bash today and if I cannot get on with it then it is going to be deleted until I hear all is fixed!

1 hour ago, keithy boy said:

It is clunky, slow and half the time it makes no sense! I am going to give it one more bash today and if I cannot get on with it then it is going to be deleted until I hear all is fixed!

I can't imagine any radical redesign happening. They are looking at an inventory bug currently but I think the general design will stay as it is. I think the next update will allow you to allocate specific space on the inventory for specific items. I belive pc has this already?? I do think though it just sounds like getting used to it. I often struggle with new games. I hated the way pubg did it and I played witcher 3 briefly and found that awkward too. I gave up on that game, mainly because the whole game felt clunky. 

I have been on it again today and actually enjoyed it. It still has lots of bugs and quirks but still has a certain charm. The inventory still needs alot of work, especially on the xbox. I have it on both pc and xbox but tend to use the xbox a the controls are easier apart the the inventory.

Once you get used to it and start learning the buttons in time you’ll be able to navigate the inventory system pretty quickly.

Hi, one thing I have noticed since I started playing this again is that you never run into other players. When this first came out I was always bumping into people, for good or bad. Some would try and kill you staight away but sometimes you could team up.

But I have put in a good 10 hours in the last couple of days and not seen a soul. I suspect alot of pewople have moved on and only the hardcore are left which is a shame

9 minutes ago, keithy boy said:

Hi, one thing I have noticed since I started playing this again is that you never run into other players. When this first came out I was always bumping into people, for good or bad. Some would try and kill you staight away but sometimes you could team up.

But I have put in a good 10 hours in the last couple of days and not seen a soul. I suspect alot of pewople have moved on and only the hardcore are left which is a shame

Depends of the server.

I play on the same public EU server everytime and even on the darkest nights there's 20-30 players at least. It's common to hear some gunshots or real fights on the next town / base.

I was playing on a m&k server with longer than vanilla night time so it emptied out pretty quick when night came and I ran into the one other person on the server in the middle of the woods way down south in Livonia we were both looking for bears lol

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

I was playing on a m&k server with longer than vanilla night time so it emptied out pretty quick when night came and I ran into the one other person on the server in the middle of the woods way down south in Livonia we were both looking for bears lol

Yeah it's funny, I tend to bump into people more often if the server is low pop! 

On 1/29/2020 at 9:16 AM, keithy boy said:

I have been on it again today and actually enjoyed it. It still has lots of bugs and quirks but still has a certain charm. The inventory still needs alot of work, especially on the xbox. I have it on both pc and xbox but tend to use the xbox a the controls are easier apart the the inventory.

It's always going to have bugs and issues. This is the only game I've ever came across where you can put in thousands of hours and still hear a new bird/sound that you've never heard before. Every single piece of clothing has a different audio signature, you'll never hear the same thing twice when it comes to ambience in this game. This game has massive amounts coding and files. Shit, some of the current bugs might even be caused by some of their audio files.

I think trying another game would be a more  suitable idea for you. Why waste time getting frustrated when you know you can't learn new things. Perhaps mine craft or fortnite would be a game you're good at. 

• Beans 1

On 1/31/2020 at 8:54 PM, Zalic said:

I think trying another game would be a more  suitable idea for you. Why waste time getting frustrated when you know you can't learn new things. Perhaps mine craft or fortnite would be a game you're good at. 

Zalic, thanks for your constructive comment. You are the sort of toxic keyboard warrior that ruins the community. For your info Minecraft is a very good survival game enjoyed by many millions of people, myself included. As for Fortnite that is also enjoyed by many millions of people, again myself included.

Being a Dayz player does not make you some sort of elitist god that looks down on anyone enjoying other games, it just makes you an idiot.

I have played Dayz since it was an Arma mod and I am not saying Dayz is a bad game. It just needs lots more work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keithy boy said:

Zalic, thanks for your constructive comment. You are the sort of toxic keyboard warrior that ruins the community. For your info Minecraft is a very good survival game enjoyed by many millions of people, myself included. As for Fortnite that is also enjoyed by many millions of people, again myself included.

Being a Dayz player does not make you some sort of elitist god that looks down on anyone enjoying other games, it just makes you an idiot.

All im really saying is try another game instead of complaining. We all know what is wrong with the game. Your not telling anyone anything they dont already know. Updates always come sooner or later and things get fixed. My intension wasn't to be toxic but half the threads on this forum are just ppl whining about a video game thats not 100% finished. Lets all be more creative and come up with more beneficial threads that celebrate such a unique game. Such as "best fishing spots", how to craft, hunting, "where to set an ambush". I know you can do it. I believe in you. I believe in DayZ.

DayZ on xbox is the dumbest thing in the world. Zalic, you are a dumb ass and actually just topped the dumbest thing in the world. This game has been out for over 7 years. According  the devs, DayZ is finished. You know, the game is passed 1.0 which is when it was declared done. As said by  the incompetent devs anything being released is now is called "post-release support". So instead of upset at someone for complaining the game is buggy how about you be considerate of how you and millions were scammed and these bugs have been in the game for over 7 years. 

53 minutes ago, MrGriffyO said:

DayZ on xbox is the dumbest thing in the world. Zalic, you are a dumb ass and actually just topped the dumbest thing in the world. This game has been out for over 7 years. According  the devs, DayZ is finished. You know, the game is passed 1.0 which is when it was declared done. As said by  the incompetent devs anything being released is now is called "post-release support". So instead of upset at someone for complaining the game is buggy how about you be considerate of how you and millions were scammed and these bugs have been in the game for over 7 years. 

lol what a joke I definitely wasn't scammed £18 for 2000+ hours definitely got my moneys worth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

lol what a joke I definitely wasn't scammed £18 for 2000+ hours definitely got my moneys worth

Same.

I understand the complaints about the unfinished game or weird development choices, but if you played since some years it was worth the 15-30 bucks. Even way more worth than a lot of AA titles.

• Like 2

Played this to death in the last couple of weeks and the inventory now makes more sense. It is still not perfect though, my son just bought this game to join me, he is now having issues with the inventory being a new player!