Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[2020] The Road Ahead

Well, here we are in 2020 and I'm sure I speak for everyone here about being curious on what's left development wise. Since we don't have a current roadmap *sigh*, I'll be covering features not present that were mentioned in previous roadmaps and put the pieces on the board the best I can.

GUNS

Handguns

• Derringer
  • Flare Gun
  • Longhorn
  • Mauser
  • Python
  • Walter P1

Rifles

• AUG
  • MP-133 
  • Repeater
  • 22 Sporter
  • Trumpet

SMG

• PM-73 RAK

MELEE

• Bow('s)
  • Broom
  • Canoe Paddle
  • Cattleprod
  • Chainsaw
  • Cleaver
  • Farming Hoe
  • Field Shovel
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Hockey Stick
  • Mace
  • Pitchfork
  • Pipe Wrench
  • Sickle
  • Spear
  • Sword
  • Telescopic Baton

PAST ROADMAP

• Dragging unconscious / bodies
  • Advanced Barricading
  • Advanced Vehicles (Bicycle, Motorcycles, ATV, Boats, Helicopters, Planes)
  • Better UI support for trading
  • Upgradable components
  • World Containers (Refrigerator, Oven, Cupboards, Wardrobe)
  • Database interaction API for developers
  • Steam Achievements
  • Physics
  • Animal Companions (Dogs, Horses)

PROMISED

• Improved Steam Launcher
  • Character Customization
  • Underground Bases

I'm sure I missed lot of things here so feel free to chime in and I'll make an edit. For certain, medical, diseases, and overall softskills most certainly aren't finished. Hard to remember everything, but it looks like they're pretty close to finishing based on what was promised and what was taken out. As far as new features, I can't comment on that. Light machine guns, explosive weapons (RPG, LAW, etc), Dart Guns, Taser (Shock Pistol), and more vehicles (Bus, V3S, Moped, etc) are coming somehwere down the line.

1. Are there any new plans?
  2. Will we get everything above?
  3. Will DayZ be complete by the end of 2020?

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 6

i want that feild shovel so i can put it in a backpack without having a normal shovel on my back that looks like a raised flag

• Beans 2

The spear can actually be crafted, but the stabbing animation is missing (although we can stab with bayonets now...) so you swing it around like a club. Looks stupid.

Other than that, some more EA things missing from the list: spraypainting, leathercrafting and dyeing, rabbit snares & other traps, V3S truck and Transit Bus, weapon bipod, books & written notes, broken bones

Iirc the planned features also had ambient animals such as various birds, hares, and hedgehogs, and also soft skills, vehicle modification, infected hordes, ragdoll, remade buildings, infected breaking down doors and a bunch of other weapons.

Break it all down like this and it is clear they have a lot of work to do still. Everything this year is very unlikely. Personally I'm hoping for the bow, broken bones and properly stabilised vehicle physics, so we can finally have the damn V3S truck back. As long as those things are priority the other stuff on the backlog can take its time for all I care, it is not critical.

• Like 1

Lets Just start with what we had before 0.63. put all that content in and we Will be happier.

And ffs the road ahead more clear communication please!! 

6 years and you are still failing on that. Must be a bug..... 

😉

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Nice list.

You missed the part where they wnated to add more "vehicle interaction", meaning you can do more inside the vehicle than just sit still, such as using your weapon, eating or whatever. I still remember this devblog vividly, cuz I got hyped about it.

• Like 1