Sign in to follow this  
hemmo

Chistmas and dayZ

So please enlighten me. When 1.0 came put, just before christmas 2018. It was really broken.

And yet now in 2019, its again broken with Christmas. The inventory issues make it unplayable.

So how did this happen? Chistmas time is THE most important time for games as lots of ppl are gaming when there off familiy duties.

And whats this 40% discount all about when the inventory isnt even working proberly?

Merry Christmas,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, hemmo said:

So please enlighten me. When 1.0 came put, just before christmas 2018. It was really broken.

And yet now in 2019, its again broken with Christmas. The inventory issues make it unplayable.

So how did this happen? Chistmas time is THE most important time for games as lots of ppl are gaming when there off familiy duties.

And whats this 40% discount all about when the inventory isnt even working proberly?

Merry Christmas,

A thread died for this.

• Beans 1

35 minutes ago, hemmo said:

So please enlighten me.

A 40% discount means that the purchase price is 40% lower than the base price.

Hardly unplayable.  More effort, yes.  But unplayable when there are work-arounds to every related issue.  Also, the development schedule is not based on one religion's holiday event.

• Beans 1

@hemmo

You're right, when the game released in December 2018, it definitely had bugs.  Here we are in December 2019 and yes, it has bugs.

It's called software development.  You add things to your game, which creates bugs in the game.  Development continues, those bugs get fixed, more new things are added, more new bugs in the game, rinse and repeat.

Just like everyone else, the people behind Bohemia are human beings and human beings make mistakes, you know, just like how in your original post, you used the work proberly instead of properly -- you did that because you're a human being and you make mistakes.

As for the discount, many game developers do this to promote the sales of their games -- this is called running a business.

There, are you enlightened now?

• Beans 1

Allow me to provide proper enlightenment. Free will is an illusion. Therefore, the developers had to implement bugs for Christmas because they could not have done otherwise.

I play and know DayZ since version 0.53 and I have to admit: there was never a version that I had to call unplayable.  Bugs?  Yes, of course there are bugs.  Some of them were annoying or made some things difficult, but you could always avoid the things that were banned.... it's a game and not our RL.

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

@hemmo

Just like everyone else, the people behind Bohemia are human beings and human beings make mistakes, you know, just like how in your original post, you used the work proberly instead of properly -- you did that because you're a human being and you make mistakes.

My appologies, my native languish is not english. So hence the spelling mistakes ofcourse. How ever, are you implying that these so called pre-mature underdeveloped featurs are sometimes witten in the wrong coding languish?

On 12/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, Parazight said:

Also, the development schedule is not based on one religion's holiday event.

I feel obligated to point out that more than a dozen religions celebrate something on or around this time frame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1