houcine mecheri

Is Livonia worth buying

I would say so, really nice looking map, much more challenging than chernarus. Nice to have somewhere new to explore

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I would say so, really nice looking map, much more challenging than chernarus. Nice to have somewhere new to explore

Thank you

As much as I want to say yeah. I have to say no. They fix one thing and break two more with every update/patch. Shit development. No communication with their community. The list goes on.

If you're just a casual who doesn't care about that tho then yeah go ahead and waste your money.

• Thanks 1

Putting feelings of developer condemnation or support aside, my 2-cents is that if you find the game fun as-is, then by all means go for it and get the map. If the bugs frustrate you to the point that they take away from the experience too much, then stay away from it and wait for a later build. I personally have enjoyed Livonia. While many of the public servers I have tried seem to be heavy on PVP in the new-spawn areas, I have been having a good time exploring in a FPP server. I especially appreciate the detail provided in the Livonia forests as they just seem to have more varied vegetation/ terrain to me. 

1 hour ago, Esmy said:

If you're just a casual who doesn't care about that tho then yeah go ahead and waste your money.

I don't get paid for playing or play it ten hours a day seven days a week, so I guess I'm a casual player. 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:07 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't get paid for playing or play it ten hours a day seven days a week, so I guess I'm a casual player. 

That's irrelevant, but if that's how you feel that's on you.

It's hard to believe people still think this way.

I work a 40+hr a week shift, like most people IRL. I get to play like 3-5 hours a day for maybe 4 of those days outta week. Do I consider myself a hardcore DayZ player? Of course. Why? Because, I strive to learn anything and everything about the game I'm playing. That's what hardcore players do. Casuals pick up a game, play it for like a week, and then keep it pushing.

Stop confusing streamers and no life gamers with hardcore and casuals.

The butthurt is strong with this one...

Edited by Esmy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Esmy said:

That's irrelevant, but if that's how you feel that's on you.

It's hard to believe people still think this way.

I work a 40+hr a week shift, like most people IRL. I get to play like 3-5 hours a day for maybe 4 of those days outta week. Do I consider myself a hardcore DayZ player? Of course. Why? Because, I strive to learn anything and everything about the game I'm playing. That's what hardcore players do. Casuals pick up a game, play it for like a week, and then keep it pushing.

Stop confusing streamers and no life gamers with hardcore and casuals.

The butthurt is strong with this one...

Lol, hardly. I've played the game from day one on console. I know the game inside out. I don't differentiate between hardcore or casual. That is your terminology and i was mocking it because I think it's ridiculous someone can consider themselves as hardcore gamers and therefore somehow an authority on the subject. I've played video games since the ZX80 if you've even heard of it. I'm not confused and the only butthurt one here appears to be you as you are constantly crying about the state of the game. 

ZX80 lol showing your age there fella.

I like both maps but prefer the new one it’s a lot of fun finding new shit.

There's still no real progress been made with respect to the bugs. I don't bother with cars and base building as those things still just aren't worth the hassle. If you've played enough to be able to limit the damage the bugs will do to your experience of the game, then it's a cheap enough add-on (as long as you think 10 quid for 1 map is cheap), though you could argue the game it still effectively in a preview state even though they've now slapped full price on it. 

Public servers have all the same old issues, everyone is KOS more or less so the main reason people seem to play is to play PVP. Fresh spawns will straight up attack a kitted up guy rather than try play nice. Looting is a pain as most of what you'll find is the left over trash people aren't picking up, so that ain't changed despite attempts to fix duping and server hoping. 

The map itself is more interesting. The weather is a nice addition and it add to the experience. I've not seen any wolves or bears yet as I go out my way to avoid them, but in general the map is more interesting. I hate the state of the game but keep playing regardless so it's been sort of worth it for me, and it's nice to not have an empty map where basically everyone just runs to the airfield. I still feel a bit ripped off with the state of the game but do keep playing, whether you'll think that way or not only you can decide, but the map itself and the weather system is decent enough. 

talking about the map purely and not bugs I would say yes, but it depends on you, I got Livonia to get lost again, I abused izurvive when I got the game and now I never get lost on chernarus which I realise now is no fun. On Livonia I'm having alot of fun as I don't know where I'm going

• Like 1

Honestly, you’re getting the update with all the new mechanics and bugs and pros and cons of 1.06 for free whether you buy Livonia or not - the price is for the map and that’s all. So for anyone who tries to factor in all the negative aspects as a reason “not to buy it”, is a moot point. 

Is the map worth it though? I say yeah, it’s a completely new experience and I feel like I’m playing DayZ for the very first time again. I have no idea where I am, where anything is, where the vantage points are, don’t know where I should go to or which direction, and it’s exciting learning everything over again. The artistic aspect and visuals are a improvement, and am definitely enjoying it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wh1skey_ said:

Honestly, you’re getting the update with all the new mechanics and bugs and pros and cons of 1.06 for free whether you buy Livonia or not - the price is for the map and that’s all. So for anyone who tries to factor in all the negative aspects as a reason “not to buy it”, is a moot point. 

Is the map worth it though? I say yeah, it’s a completely new experience and I feel like I’m playing DayZ for the very first time again. I have no idea where I am, where anything is, where the vantage points are, don’t know where I should go to or which direction, and it’s exciting learning everything over again. The artistic aspect and visuals are a improvement, and am definitely enjoying it. 

well said, I've heard alot of £11 for only one map?!! Its almost as if they're ignoring the fact its huge and definitely bigger than the combined cod maps that cost more

• Like 1