Anyeurysm

I tried to find ways to give myself permission to buy Livonia...

3 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I don't think you know what dsync means...

Enlighten me then as to what to call the above...

• Beans 1

22 hours ago, Anyeurysm said:

Enlighten me then as to what to call the above...

Bugs from bad code.

Lag isn't going to stop you from making a fireplace nor is it going to prevent you from completing an action. If it was lag, you would complete the action for the fireplace and it wouldn't be there, then a minute later it would be there. This isn't dsync.

Lag isn't going to give you logs from a tree when you're trying to get bark. Thats a bug from bad code. If it was lag, you would complete the action and get nothing, then a while later the bark would appear.

Obviously NOT dsync.

At the end if your video with not completing the action, your tool is probably ruined. Tools get ruined super fast in this build. Again, nothing to do with dsync.

Why you would think 1.06 is going to fix all the bugs, not sure why anyone would think that. They never said that would happen. That's just you making stuff up.

You sound like an older guy like myself so hopefully this will resonate...

Despite this being a 1.0 release, this is a PC game thats still in development, you're playing a port of a game that's in beta stage which is 80% bug fixing and 20% new features.

Look at the progress they've made since fake 1.0

• 1.01 - 26 additions, 40 fixes, 30 tweaks
  • 1.02 - 45 additions, 91 fixes, 23 changes, 23 tweaks, optimizations 3
  • 1.03 - 52 additions, 47 fixes, 18 changes, 22 tweaks
  • 1.04 - N/A (no data in front of me sorry)
  • 1.05 - 29 additions, 99 fixes, 13 changes, 39 tweaks
  • 1.06 - 22 additions, 68 fixes, 23 tweaks, 25 changes

TOTALS: 174 additions, 345 fixes, 79 changes, 137 tweaks

Thats a lot of work in a years time for an indie studio on a shoestring budget. Futhermore, the lost their creative director, lead designer, lead world designer, and a few other key developers in the last few months. 

Additionally...

1. Bohemia interactive hasn't had a console game since Operation Flashpoint (2009). They don't have a dedicated console team and the port was rushed because sales on PC have been at a standstill since 2017.
  2. This isn't a complaint board, this is a forum and you're in the wrong area for Troubleshooting or Bug Reporting. Video's go in the Gallery (https://forums.dayz.com/forum/81-gallery/). If you go here: https://forums.dayz.com/forum/149-xbox/ you'll see Troubleshooting and Report a Bug subforum for each.
  3. You should really be posting a bug report on the feedback tracker found here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/31/ Thats how we as a community help, complaining just strains development and the devs have been doing the best they can.

Depending on which Xbox you have, you're running a high powered game on a bobsled. XB1 is like a 1.6ghz processor and the XB1X is like a 2.6ghz process if I'm not mistaken. If my figures are off, I apologize. DayZ on PC is a CPU intensive affair and most people end up spending 2k on a PC build to play DayZ without issue. I'm surprised they got this far on console considering the map is 225km2. In comparison, Skyrim was like 45 km2?

Lastly, telling people to not buy Livonia is really damaging to the company and the future of DayZ. As it is, there are rumors...well, lets not post any rumors because I'm on my last legs here due to complaining about REAL ISSUES. DayZ hasn't been selling units well since 2017 and 2020 is right around the corner. I'm sure you can connect the dots. This is largely in part because they ran into engine issues early and had to make an entirely new engine during development which isn't exactly industry SOP. Not even sure this has ever been done to the level of success DayZ has done it.

In closing, playing on Xbox is the absolute WORST way to play DayZ. Console is always going to be 2nd fiddle because it's a port. Console has inferior VOIP architecture tools for interacting. If you're in party chat, you have to leave party chat and then talk in game. By the time that happens, you're dead or etc. DayZ is about interaction and that's castrated on console. If you really want to get the best experience possible, you got to get on PC.

Either way, don't tell people not to buy Livonia man. You're just making matters worse and honestly...you should take that video down. It's a bad look for you and DayZ. DayZ spawned PUBG which spawned Fornite and those games are super successful. DayZ deserves it's time in the sun. It's influenced a lot of IP's and been ripped off to no end.

Moving forward, you should be making videos that show DayZ in a positive light because DayZ is really a special experience (when you own a PC).

I hope this helps, because I'm only trying to help. Not kick you in the nuts. Have a good weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Bugs from bad code.

Lag isn't going to stop you from making a fireplace nor is it going to prevent you from completing an action. If it was lag, you would complete the action for the fireplace and it wouldn't be there, then a minute later it would be there. This isn't dsync.

Lag isn't going to give you logs from a tree when you're trying to get bark. Thats a bug from bad code. If it was lag, you would complete the action and get nothing, then a while later the bark would appear.

Obviously NOT dsync.

At the end if your video with not completing the action, your tool is probably ruined. Tools get ruined super fast in this build. Again, nothing to do with dsync.

Why you would think 1.06 is going to fix all the bugs, not sure why anyone would think that. They never said that would happen. That's just you making stuff up.

Despite this being a 1.0 release, this is a PC game thats still in development, you're playing a port of a game that's in beta stage which is 80% bug fixing and 20% new features.

Thats a lot of work in a years time for an indie studio on a shoestring budget. Futhermore, the lost their creative director, lead designer, lead world designer, and a few other key developers in the last few months. 

Additionally...

1. Bohemia interactive hasn't had a console game since Operation Flashpoint (2009). They don't have a dedicated console team and the port was rushed because sales on PC have been at a standstill since 2017.
  2. This isn't a complaint board, this is a forum and you're in the wrong area for Troubleshooting or Bug Reporting. Video's go in the Gallery (https://forums.dayz.com/forum/81-gallery/). If you go here: https://forums.dayz.com/forum/149-xbox/ you'll see Troubleshooting and Report a Bug subforum for each.
  3. You should really be posting a bug report on the feedback tracker found here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/31/ Thats how we as a community help, complaining just strains development and the devs have been doing the best they can.

Depending on which Xbox you have, you're running a high powered game on a bobsled. XB1 is like a 1.6ghz processor and the XB1X is like a 2.6ghz process if I'm not mistaken. If my figures are off, I apologize. DayZ on PC is a CPU intensive affair and most people end up spending 2k on a PC build to play DayZ without issue. I'm surprised they got this far on console considering the map is 225km2. In comparison, Skyrim was like 45 km2?

Lastly, telling people to not buy Livonia is really damaging to the company and the future of DayZ. As it is, there are rumors...well, lets not post any rumors because I'm on my last legs here due to complaining about REAL ISSUES. DayZ hasn't been selling units well since 2017 and 2020 is right around the corner. I'm sure you can connect the dots. This is largely in part because they ran into engine issues early and had to make an entirely new engine during development which isn't exactly industry SOP. Not even sure this has ever been done to the level of success DayZ has done it.

In closing, playing on Xbox is the absolute WORST way to play DayZ. Console is always going to be 2nd fiddle because it's a port. Console has inferior VOIP architecture tools for interacting. If you're in party chat, you have to leave party chat and then talk in game. By the time that happens, you're dead or etc. DayZ is about interaction and that's castrated on console. If you really want to get the best experience possible, you got to get on PC.

Either way, don't tell people not to buy Livonia man. You're just making matters worse and honestly...you should take that video down. It's a bad look for you and DayZ. DayZ spawned PUBG which spawned Fornite and those games are super successful. DayZ deserves it's time in the sun. It's influenced a lot of IP's and been ripped off to no end.

Moving forward, you should be making videos that show DayZ in a positive light because DayZ is really a special experience (when you own a PC).

I hope this helps, because I'm only trying to help. Not kick you in the nuts. Have a good weekend.

Nice try...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 2:21 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Bugs from bad code.

Obviously NOT dsync.

Additionally...

You sound like a shill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/8/2019 at 1:45 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

Shoestring budget? Are you serious right now?! GTFO!

DayZ SA made over $24m in it's first month. Can't find the figures for Xbox and PS4 releases. Pretty sure it's in the tens of millions as well.

Ain't no telling how much off the console cash grabs, private servers, and dlc. And they charge the ISP's for the right to access the central hive and host servers for people to rent.

Foh, dude. Straight shill.

@OrLoK where is my paycheck brü.

ISP's don't get charged for the right to access the central hive and host servers for people to rent. Verizon, Comast, etc are NOT getting billed by BI (WOW). Good thing I finished my coffee a minute ago otherwise I would have choked to death.

I think we need to talk about a medical plan. Hazard pay retroactive for a start.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1