supernick

after patch

hi folks,

some thoughts about post patch, played 3 hours yesterday

1) there are more trees and grass than before, of course in helicopter crash too, good

2) all the items that i wear and bring that can be damaged became "mostly damaged" , tundra, k101, mountain backpack, assault vest, bottompack, shovel and so on......mmmmh i can live with it

3) all the  digged stash are still there, but all are now mostly damaged happens too, all the ak and my precious, beloved ghillie too, NOT GOOD, it was pristine for 2 months

is there  now a way to repair ghillie? tonight i'll try. Is there a wonderful magical way to change it in green color? (i'm asking it every patch :)

4) when i check compass on hand i can't no more automatic change with a weapon, i have to put it in menu and then i can ready a weapon......all other items have automatic change as usual 

Edited by supernick

1 hour ago, Boroda Thug said:

How about absolutely trash performance, fps trash, de sync, worst update ever . 

Constructive !

Patch seems stable. Not happy about both my ghillie suits being damaged though.

Also, I keep having to relog every now and then because items cannot be selected or picked up when dropped.

Also the night vision just itself off, annoying when you're running from trouble. Turning them off and back on again fixes it but its inconvenient.

Can't select my gun anymore whilst holding a tool such as a compass or lockpick. I have to put the item away before selecting my gun in the hot wheel.

Overall the update seems good, but not happy about a few control niggles and damage to items I've kept pristine.

2 hours ago, Boroda Thug said:

How about absolutely trash performance, fps trash, de sync, worst update ever . 

Yup......   Still no update to performance that I can see including vehicles.

I'm still waiting to see what the full notes say about the patch that they are supposed to release later this week but it seems they are not doing much if anything to optimize the game for console (or PS4 at least). 

The inventory menus seem improved when navigating through them.

I will also share the problems:

1. When changing weapons, I can’t move in front with the first click of a button.

2. Sometimes zombies are not susceptible to damage.

3. Zombies did not die from a headshot from a 9x19 pistol

4. The night vision device is constantly turned off

5. Water can no longer be cleaned with alcohol. 

Well seven hours yesterday and I had absolutely no issues in anything I did.  I again fell of a roof way up and obviously died but I was testing the limits of what is possible. On respawn I found the Z's are now more of a initial challenge until you get gear There seems to be an element of now having to push your luck more but early days and I have had no issues in my 12 hours total since update. My only current moan is armed idiots killing fresh spawns at the coast on DayZ original and crazy Russians on Livonia.

1 hour ago, generalmayhem said:

Well seven hours yesterday and I had absolutely no issues in anything I did.

You must be ultra lucky. All people I've talked with since 1.06 experienced a lot of bugs and issues with the game. The most annoying are the still ongoing game breaking bugs like item desync and weapons/mellee that deal no dmg to players/infected.

In my 3.5 hour session I had to relog at least 10 times because I couldn't eat/drink, couldn't reload my guns/mags or my weapons all of the sudden were not dealing dmg anymore. I don't know what the devs are doing but this is really no professional work and very sloppy to say it kindly... DayZ on console feels like a very unfinished and buggy game and it's a shame that this game is sold as a "release" title.

• Like 3

Yeah.....  After a couple longer sessions, I'm encountering more issues than I did before the update like not being able to eat, not being able to move forward, inventory items getting stuck more frequently, etc.

On top of that, lag spikes when driving are still there but now I'm having the weird flopping around happening more often.  Things are worse than they were before the patch for myself and those I play with.

Edited by Kean__1

Just now, Kean__1 said:

Yeah.....  After a couple longer sessions, I'm encountering more issues than I did before the update like not being able to eat, not being able to move forward, inventory items getting stuck more frequently, etc.

On top of that, lag spikes when driving are still there but now I'm having the weird flopping around happening more often.  Things are worse than they were before the patch for myself and those I play with.

when reloading mags use the hotbar and combine option, most of the food/drink/rags not working is most of the time caused by you looting someone else and the server not registering you picked it up, it fucking sucks cos half the time you loot someone your lucky to get Half the stuff you pick up :(

1.i notice the buildings despawn more now, Which is a bad thing, 

2. I found a door in novo in the big pa building it doesnt work completely last time I was on, You can close it and things run through it and walk through it
( I dont have the patience to check the entire game and see what else does the same thing) 

3. Getting stuck seems to occur more, (Stuck you cannot move or do anything you have to hit your buttons to get unstuck ) 

4. I don't know why everything became damaged or whatever, 

5. I do like how the new car building is 

6. I wish you could change the color of cars, all our old cars changed color and Its kinda unfortunate ( because I liked the blue ada but the black and the green one is real nice) 

7. Still heavy studders and lag 

8. the phantom barbwire thing still exist even when the gate is open 

9. Lighting from some sources flicker through buildings 

10. Hands still getting bugged a lot , almost died because Fighting zombies and the game thinks I had my canteen in my hand when in reality I had my axe out

I wish this game ran better on console or in general, Its such a unique experience , and is so much fun when you aren't experiencing a game breaking bug. 

11 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

when reloading mags use the hotbar and combine option, most of the food/drink/rags not working is most of the time caused by you looting someone else and the server not registering you picked it up, it fucking sucks cos half the time you loot someone your lucky to get Half the stuff you pick up 😞

Yeah....thanks.  I already don't use the triangle button to reload and either shortcut mags on the item wheel or reload via my inventory.  ......I keep all mags at the top so I can quickly switch them out.  .....but that's not the issue.

My inventory items are getting more finicky and stuck more often now in trunks, tent, crates, barrels, etc.  .....even with my work-arounds.

I did have a mag glitch on me which had me concerned because like I said, I've been using the work-arounds with great success in that regard for a long time before the update.

The worst part about all of this is that while they might fix some of these new bugs, the old ones will likely remain as they have been for months.  I want to love this game but the lack of communication and refusal to address long standing, persistent issues is wearing really thin on my patience right now.

They don't even acknowledge all the major, known issues the community constantly talks about at the bottom of their patch notes.  .....just one.

So sometimes when you die the screen turns so dark it's hard to see and will last even when you go to the start menu. You have to stop the application and restart it again in order to even get that effect to stop persisting. It's annoying.

On 12/6/2019 at 11:38 AM, SillyJoe said:

You must be ultra lucky. All people I've talked with since 1.06 experienced a lot of bugs and issues with the game. The most annoying are the still ongoing game breaking bugs like item desync and weapons/mellee that deal no dmg to players/infected.

In my 3.5 hour session I had to relog at least 10 times because I couldn't eat/drink, couldn't reload my guns/mags or my weapons all of the sudden were not dealing dmg anymore. I don't know what the devs are doing but this is really no professional work and very sloppy to say it kindly... DayZ on console feels like a very unfinished and buggy game and it's a shame that this game is sold as a "release" title.

I've had four hours again today and had no issues of any kind. My PS 4 did go dark screen though and I could not get my controller to work but I later found we have had issues all night with the TV's PC Laptop phone and the fridge and cooker. I think its weather related as the lights keep dimming in the high winds and heavy rain we are having.