btrizzle

how many ppl will quit when.....

rocket fixes the insta log out? it's to the point now that when some gets shot at, not even hit, they log. All you pussy ass loggers gonna quit when there are actually consequences to your actions and movements?

nobody will quit ... they will just find the next loophole/glitch to exploit so they dont get killed.

But for the glorious in between all their loot will belong to me....

Or they'll start gang roaming the map, but what are the odds of that

have to agree sadly. they always find the next thing to exploit. look at duping. it seems almost every tent i come across has a huge area of tents that have been duped, prob with items in. (seems impossible to control atm)

big issue i have with adding a disconnect timer is its the only defence my character has from hackers....was on uk6 this mornin when every1 in the server was teleported to prig. shortly after ALL died. i was fortunate enough to realise waht happened and logged off. 50min runnning later im back where i wanted to be....sad but at least that hacker didnt get us all.

You can't really blame people for logging out to save themselves when it's so easy to do. If you're backed into a corner with no hope of escape, but there's one way you know you can save yourself, it's a very obvious way out, right? I've done it myself in the past - is there *anyone* here who hasn't done it? - but it just ruins the game. The threat of death is what this game is all about... I'm sure this is just something people learn early on when they get into the game.

So people won't leave - they'll just get on with enjoying the game how it's meant to be... and most people who will play this game haven't even played it yet. The majority will barely believe this exploit ever existed...

You can't really blame people for logging out to save themselves when it's so easy to do. If you're backed into a corner with no hope of escape' date=' but there's one way you know you can save yourself, it's a very obvious way out, right? I've done it myself in the past - is there *anyone* here who hasn't done it? - but it just ruins the game. The threat of death is what this game is all about... I'm sure this is just something people learn early on when they get into the game.

So people won't leave - they'll just get on with enjoying the game how it's meant to be... and most people who will play this game haven't even played it yet. The majority will barely believe this exploit ever existed...

[/quote']

how about accept you've got outplayed, and at least attempt to take down as many fuckers down with you as possible? Me and my friend were hold up in a tin shed in the Stary Sobor at NIGHT by 2 guys, 1 with silenced M4 and other with an AKM... We said fuck it and ran for it across the fields - did I mention they had NVGs? My friend got shot in the back and died, I made it to the treeline and run for another click or so, waited good 5 min for anyone following THEN logged. We didn't pussy out, though we could have, but then the game wouldn't be any fun so why the fuck do it

<- Haven't ALT + F4'ed. Not here, not in other games to avoid loosing. In DayZ I either shoot back, retreat or die. Its part of the experience of playing this mod. People who disconnect to skirt death are only betraying themselves.

Until the bandit issue is sorted out, I consider it justifiable. It's even sweeter because it pee's off the gankers.

I think it would be hillarious if it was added as a hidden update, then all the D/C'ers would lose their gear first before they realized... lol

Until the bandit issue is sorted out' date=' I consider it justifiable. It's even sweeter because it pee's off the gankers.

[/quote']

there is no bandit issue, you are just bad. go cry on some wii forums kid. also enjoy your ban from most servers since you like to dc.

rocket fixes the insta log out? it's to the point now that when some gets shot at' date=' not even hit, they log. All you pussy ass loggers gonna quit when there are actually consequences to your actions and movements?

[/quote']

query: In calling these guys pussies, are you the guy sitting 300 to 1000 meters away with a sniper rifle from concealment, playing Tom Beringer Jr.? Now if that's not you, then my apologies, but I got a sense of some of that from your post. If it is you, then you're not qualified to call anyone a pussy.

Now don't get me wrong. I would never stop someone from playing that way. Just don't bitch when cheap tactics are met by cheap tactics.

Couldn't care less if they quit. They're not worth being called an Alpha tester/player. Dying is apart of the game. PvP is apart of the game, even though I am friendly I accept death as its something rocket intentionally shaped in this game.

funnily enough alt + f4 doesn't work for me, if i want to dc i have to do it through the menu.

pressing alt and f4 opens one of the squad command windows. :P

i don't see there being a legitimate way of stopping ppl from exiting a game, if you look at wow for example, which has a 15 minute lockout from battle grounds when you /afk out, that system is flawed for DayZ because it doesn't actually fix the problem.

stopping ppl from logging out entirely will just prompt ppl to keep the task manager in the background, alt + tab, end process = win.

what else is there?

Until the bandit issue is sorted out' date=' I consider it justifiable. It's even sweeter because it pee's off the gankers.

[/quote']

there is no bandit issue, you are just bad. go cry on some wii forums kid. also enjoy your ban from most servers since you like to dc.

Ha!. I never said I DC (I don't.) I said I approve of it as a tactic to fight back against the gankers. Just so you know, I don't DC because I don't put myself in situations to be ganked. At the same time, I can appreciate all the complaints about it because it would piss me off too.

I's going to be hilarious to see all the pk'ers whine when some form of punishment is enabled for asshat banditry.

[/quote']

Ha!. I never said I DC (I don't.) I said I approve of it as a tactic to fight back against the gankers. Just so you know, I don't DC because I don't put myself in situations to be ganked. At the same time, I can appreciate all the complaints about it because it would piss me off too.

I's going to be hilarious to see all the pk'ers whine when some form of punishment is enabled for asshat banditry.

You seem very confused...

In order to stop disconnecting, Arma 3 will need to have a "recent players" list so that you can follow those people who leave your server when getting shot. It won't say where they are in the map, but what server they are in is no secret.

The reason I say this is the only fix is because even if you disconnect, you can simply alt tab out and close the program. If we can follow people into other servers, this would fix all exploits. The only way around this is to leave and not play for a long time. But making someone so afraid to get back on I think is a gift.

[/quote']

hey look, another scum

You will be surprised how enjoyable this game is when you play it as intended.

I wish I used alt+f4 when I saw everyone in the server get flung in the air =(.

In order to stop disconnecting' date=' Arma 3 will need to have a "recent players" list so that you can follow those people who leave your server when getting shot. It won't say where they are in the map, but what server they are in is no secret.

The reason I say this is the only fix is because even if you disconnect, you can simply alt tab out and close the program. If we can follow people into other servers, this would fix all exploits. The only way around this is to leave and not play for a long time. But making someone so afraid to get back on I think is a gift.

[/quote']

wow, or you can add 1min or so logout timer, even if game closed/crashes you still stay on server and cant join another one

You can't really blame people for logging out to save themselves when it's so easy to do. If you're backed into a corner with no hope of escape' date=' but there's one way you know you can save yourself, it's a very obvious way out, right? I've done it myself in the past - is there *anyone* here who hasn't done it? - but it just ruins the game. The threat of death is what this game is all about... I'm sure this is just something people learn early on when they get into the game.

[/quote']

how about accept you've got outplayed, and at least attempt to take down as many fuckers down with you as possible? Me and my friend were hold up in a tin shed in the Stary Sobor at NIGHT by 2 guys, 1 with silenced M4 and other with an AKM... We said fuck it and ran for it across the fields - did I mention they had NVGs? My friend got shot in the back and died, I made it to the treeline and run for another click or so, waited good 5 min for anyone following THEN logged. We didn't pussy out, though we could have, but then the game wouldn't be any fun so why the fuck do it

X2 man, that's how I play. I've lost so much shit following my own principles, but it makes the game more genuine and fun.

rocket fixes the insta log out? it's to the point now that when some gets shot at' date=' not even hit, they log. All you pussy ass loggers gonna quit when there are actually consequences to your actions and movements?

[/quote']

[XX] Llitbik

[XX] Guron

[XX] Wilf

Scared off the server by a Winchester :D

Thanks for the pickup guys.

Priorities should be:

1) Fix server hoppers

2) Fix DC'ers.

I was killed twice yesterday by a server hopper who spawned in a room I had already cleared out of in the south barracks.

Ridiculous that one minute I check the room and it's empty, and the next minute there's a fully armed douchebag creeping up behind me. I should've DC'd but I didn't. I don't feel bad using one exploit to counter another.

My $.02.