Seen it All

Livonia the perfect map?

After watching PC game footage it appears that Bohemia has created the perfect map:

North: PVP

South: Survival

Couple of things they need to bring back though:

-  Quick Cycle

-  Double-tap down on d-pad for in-game chat (or a faster way to switch between game and party; without leaving the game)

• Like 1

Wait, so two of the main features have gone missing on this new map. Another update that adds something and takes something else away. It's a tired old routine now. 

Edited by M00nfly

8 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

Wait, so two of the main features have gone missing on this new map. Another update that adds something and takes something else away. It's a tired old routine now. 

Why, what's been taken away? 

41 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Why, what's been taken away? 

I think he's mistaken about the OP, thinking the quickwheel and in game chat will be taken away with 1.06 lol

I'm intrigued about the new map

Love the idea of forest hideouts and having to send foraging parties out north to where there is traffic.

I, for one, am pretty jazzed about Livonia.  I've only been playing DayZ for a little over a year, but Chernarus is getting a little old, and let's face it....it's not hard to survive in Chernarus.  It's almost not a challenge.  Livonia, OTOH, looks to be somewhat of the great equalizer.  I mean, you can be geared to the teeth, but with the scarcity of food, drink, and meds, you can die just as easily from hunger, thirst, cholera, hypothermia, or a bear just as easily as someone with a BK-133 and a ladybug backpack. It also looks like it might be a little easier to get a car running, so that's a big plus.  I too wish that they would bring back the "double tap down" to lock game chat, and would implement being able to access your quick wheel WHILE RUNNING. 

• Like 1