Sign in to follow this  
Jonas Levin

In-game chat not working?

Just had 2 encounters where no one around me could hear me.

First I run into a guy next to the square in electro (but inside a house) and he asks if im friendly and so on.

I say yes, but he can't hear me and nothing works.

In the end he charges me with an axe and I kill him with my shotgun.

Then another guy shows up, same things happens, but he gets the shotgun out first and is kind enough to just hold me hostage (I got my hands up) and steals some duct tape and shit.

In both encounters I was NOT in party-chat and I was on the user I was playing with (got a couple of accounts on different servers to play with different friends).

I tried making a party (and testing if the microphone worked in that, which it did) and switching user (back and forth from the one I was playing on) but nothing helped.

Im _really_ hoping it works the next time I run into a potential stranger so I dont get shot because people stick to the "no mic, no life"-rule (which I personally goes by too, so I would not blame them for shooting me when I dont reply - but its not fun if you actually ARE replying!).

Has this happened to anyone else recently?

I dont know if its my Xbox or whatever acting up or whether I should make a report about it.

• Like 1

I did all those things - even reconnected my headset (which works fine) while I was held up by the second guy.

I was in no groups at all and I was holding D-pad down (and the sign that shows that you are transmitting your voice was showing clearly, I just re-watched the recording of it).

Crossed fingers this does not happen again, I still consider myself lucky that the second guy did not shoot me when I could not reply - instead he removed (and stole lol) all my shotgun-shells and took the mag out of my pistol (but was kind enough to leave them on the ground by the empty mag so I could put them back in and not be defenseless).

Im guessing it was just my Xbox or Xbox Live acting up and hope it does not happen again. 🙂

Ever since the update, I seem to have lost the ability to use game chat too (if I look at my name in the list of players online, I am missing the headset icon). I’ve only encountered 1 person that I tried to talk to and he did not seem to hear me. He saw me, I tried to greet him, and he looked at me a second and then ran off. It still shows the microphone when I push down on the d-pad, but I assume since the headset icon is missing in the “online” menu, it means my VoIP is not enabled. Ergo, no game chat.

I’ve tried reinstalling, tweaking audio settings on the box, and even cleaning my controllers headset jack! I never had a problem before the update, but I’ve noticed it 100% of the times I’ve logged in after 1.06. I don’t know if we are having the same issue, because I never see other people in online players without game chat enabled. If nothing else, you give me hope that I’m not alone and maybe if there are others it will get noticed and fixed.

had this happen twice before, tried restarting game, console, switched servers, unplugged and plugged mic back in, disconnected controller and reconnected but nothing helped. Next day I go on everything is fine.

Were you in a party when you joined the server, sometimes if you are already in a party when you join a server game chat wont work.  Also sometimes just switching from party chat to game chat bugs so you have to actually leave the party, hope this helps

Apparently game-chat does not work at all if you change to it from within a party (like it used to earlier), me and my mates all have to leave the party completely to talk to people around us - otherwise nothing comes through.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:19 PM, Jonas Levin said:

Apparently game-chat does not work at all if you change to it from within a party (like it used to earlier), me and my mates all have to leave the party completely to talk to people around us - otherwise nothing comes through.

I don't think that is consistent as I left party chat to talk to someone while my teammate covers me and I could talk to them fine

I have this same problem and it's relatd to my new Razor Kaira headset. If I change to any other headsets it is working fine. So it is related to this headset only and maybe has something to do that this is "xbox wireless headset" but then again ingame chat works with my brothers arctic 9 xbox wireless set.