Jake Blake

The game gets better but it gets worse

I Honestly Love this game, been playing it for years, I've seen this game come so far and it always Peaks my interest.

I'm glad the zombies don't do as much shock damage because it was stupid being knocked out within 7 hits, but now if you get one cut from a zombie you'll bleed out in a matter of a minute. At Northwest Airfield triggered one zombie and it cut me while I was fighting it, several more ran over that I had to fight, and then a few more after that. Somehow I killed them all before my blood was completely empty but it was flashing white and red, spent the next 15 minutes laying in a sea bin passing out over and over and over again. This is absolutely ridiculous.

It’s really not ridiculous - they’ve upped the ante on the survival aspects of the game. In the recent past the community has turned the game into a pvp meatgrinder akin to cod, apex, etc and that’s not what this game is supposed to be.

now all the survival mechanics have been pushed to the forefront and have been enhanced so that your main focus is staying alive from the world around you as nature is more of a threat and forcing players and strangers to work together instead of everyone being hostile and KOSing.

zombies WILL kill you

bleeding WILL Kill you

cholera WILL kill you

food poisoning WILL kill you

and all of them will do it WAY faster than another player ever will.

before these things were just a nuisance in the game and more of a burden but now fresh food, clean water, your immune system, staying healthy and disinfecting your gear is of the utmost importance rather than just hunting other players to shoot.

they took the flare out of the new fresh spawn starting inventory and you have no way to instantly suicide yourself anymore as people were exploiting the system.

the game is getting tougher, and its supposed to be.

• Like 3
  • Beans 4

On 10/5/2019 at 1:34 AM, Jake Blake said:

but now if you get one cut from a zombie you'll bleed out in a matter of a minute

It depends on WHERE on your body you sustain damage.  Head/torso.....yeah, it's a matter of mere minutes and you'll die.  I've received cuts from a zed and was able to get all the way to the other side of town before bandaging.

Speaking of zombies, I don't know if it was an issue in the past, but found out the hard that zeds will scale your base walls?  Before logging off, we decided to take a shot at a zed out at about 400 yards, and every z within earshot came running, and much to OUR surprise, they started jumping over our walls and infesting our compound.  Luckily we had a mil tent that we were able to jump up on and pick them off.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, Stagman70 said:

It depends on WHERE on your body you sustain damage.  Head/torso.....yeah, it's a matter of mere minutes and you'll die.  I've received cuts from a zed and was able to get all the way to the other side of town before bandaging.

Yeah I suppose, still though 1 cut and it wasn't a matter of minutes. It was under a minute. Like the damn thing slit my throat or some shit.

Once you're semi geared, has a water container, rags, and tetracycline the game returns to easy mode.

Quick slot the tetracycline and rags and you're good to go.

Getting swarmed? Climb onto something and it's headshots for dayz.

Don't want to get food poisoning? Easy. Don't eat meat at all and or fruit that's not pristine off the ground.

Inb4 you can't bandage while being attacked. Don't put yourself in that situation in the first place.

I notice people tend to die in this game from two things. Bohemia shit development and their own actions. Or a combination of both.

I don't think I've ever been killed by pve in this game lol.

I feel ya man. Zombies can be a pain. I try to crouch and have a knife hot keyed. I go for the first one that's alerted. If you catch it quick enough, it wont alert others. God speed.

• Like 1