Sign in to follow this  
Tino81

I wasn't KOS!!

So I booted up the game last night and was having a nosey around the 4 barrack buildings between Krasnotav and Svergino.

Noticed all doors were open bar one so moved in slowly peering into the rooms and noticed a player crouched in the first room by the wardrobe so ran to the far end room. Fumbled for the mic and said I was friendly and the other guy said he was as well and told him I was putting my gun away. Then the game crashed 🤬🤬

Logged back in and the guy was still there, had a good chat with him for about 5 mins and he gave me some food and a flashlight for my pistol (with battery) and we went our separate ways.

I already know that there are players out there who won't KOS but I was more surprised that another player at this location was equally as friendly and didn't decide to blast me with his shotgun.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flyingpapaya said:

I rarely kos. Last time was pure asshole move on my part. 

I've done it once and instantly regretted it, I wasn't expecting them to be where they were and my reaction was to shoot.

3 hours ago, Tino81 said:

So I booted up the game last night and was having a nosey around the 4 barrack buildings between Krasnotav and Svergino.

Noticed all doors were open bar one so moved in slowly peering into the rooms and noticed a player crouched in the first room by the wardrobe so ran to the far end room. Fumbled for the mic and said I was friendly and the other guy said he was as well and told him I was putting my gun away. Then the game crashed 🤬🤬

Logged back in and the guy was still there, had a good chat with him for about 5 mins and he gave me some food and a flashlight for my pistol (with battery) and we went our separate ways.

I already know that there are players out there who won't KOS but I was more surprised that another player at this location was equally as friendly and didn't decide to blast me with his shotgun.

I have always found places like barracks etc...are all hot zones, there are no friends there lol, but I'm not sure if I would actually try to chat to a player at any Mil site, its just way to risky to even try as they are there for the same reason your there and they might just want what you have especially if its already been looted, but good one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

I have always found places like barracks etc...are all hot zones, there are no friends there lol, but I'm not sure if I would actually try to chat to a player at any Mil site, its just way to risky to even try as they are there for the same reason your there and they might just want what you have especially if its already been looted, but good one

Normally I'd be out of there sharpish but he saw me go past the room he was in and he wasn't aiming, suppose I took that as a good sign lol. 

1 minute ago, Tino81 said:

Normally I'd be out of there sharpish but he saw me go past the room he was in and he wasn't aiming, suppose I took that as a good sign lol. 

Lol 👍

Almost the exact same thing happened to me recently! Saw a guy fighting a zombie outside Tisy baracks and came up to him. We chatted inside the barack for a minute, gave him 2 mags for his ak so he gifted me a grenade. Then he sprayed me down with his ak lol, I was so pissed, all he gained was an sks that he could switch out for his mosin and i not only spared his life but also gave him a gift without him asking. It's not like skses grow on trees around kamensk 😛. If he had asked I would have given him pretty much any of the loot i had on me.

Edited by Homeschooliazon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Homeschooliazon said:

Almost the exact same thing happened to me recently! Saw a guy fighting a zombie outside Tisy baracks and came up to him. We chatted inside the barack for a minute, gave him 2 mags for his ak so he gifted me a grenade. Then he sprayed me down with his ak lol, I was so pissed, all he gained was an sks that he could switch out for his mosin and i not only spared his life but also gave him a gift without him asking. It's not like skses grow on trees around kamensk 😛. If he had asked I would have given him pretty much any of the loot i had on me.

I was on edge the whole time but luckily nothing bad happened, I think I was one of the lucky ones lol

Yeah I bumped into a guy at balota airfield yesterday, he ran into the Quonset but as son as he heard me, told him I was friendly & that if he needs anything g just to ask. Eventually he plugged a mike In & said he was friendly too. Unfortunately when he came out of the but he was a meat ball, told him he was & he sounded like he genuinely didn't know how he had become one & I suggested he go log as most ppl will KOS someone who looks like there exploiting. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I rarely KOS  but tbh if it's a mil zone, even far south my fingers on that trigger & my guns usually out. Had a few cheeky lil bois hiding in tents at Staroye with there tickler mp5's at the ready, they don't get spoken too, they go back to the coast real fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yeah I bumped into a guy at balota airfield yesterday, he ran into the Quonset but as son as he heard me, told him I was friendly & that if he needs anything g just to ask. Eventually he plugged a mike In & said he was friendly too. Unfortunately when he came out of the but he was a meat ball, told him he was & he sounded like he genuinely didn't know how he had become one & I suggested he go log as most ppl will KOS someone who looks like there exploiting. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I rarely KOS  but tbh if it's a mil zone, even far south my fingers on that trigger & my guns usually out. Had a few cheeky lil bois hiding in tents at Staroye with there tickler mp5's at the ready, they don't get spoken too, they go back to the coast real fast.

These rare occurrences do happen at the mil sites which I think is really cool but I agree that it's guns out and twitchy bum time walking into any mil zone at the moment 

It's really nerve wracking encountering other players, especially in mil zones. 

A week or so before 1.05 dropped, I was in the vmc security building and had a fully kitted guy just run in and stop in front of me. 

I had frozen, so he didn't realize I was there until he turned and saw me.

I was triple carrying and loaded to the teeth, so I had my shotgun out and would have been a sight to behold. 

He had his gun out, too, so he must have been just as flustered as me because he turned tail and ran out before calling out to me. 

I had to fumble around to turn my mic on, by which time he had said that there were 4 guys outside and that I should be friendly if I knew what was good for me, haha. 

I eventually managed to call out that I was friendly. 

I asked if they needed anything like food or water, of which I had plenty. 

They asked for an LAR mag if I had one. 

I had 2 which I gave them and then got the hell out of there. 

It only takes one guy out of 4 to not like the way my character walks to send me back to the coast. 

Tldr : scared 1 guy of a party of 4. They were nice. We traded. I escaped with my life. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

It's really nerve wracking encountering other players, especially in mil zones. 

A week or so before 1.05 dropped, I was in the vmc security building and had a fully kitted guy just run in and stop in front of me. 

I had frozen, so he didn't realize I was there until he turned and saw me.

I was triple carrying and loaded to the teeth, so I had my shotgun out and would have been a sight to behold. 

He had his gun out, too, so he must have been just as flustered as me because he turned tail and ran out before calling out to me. 

I had to fumble around to turn my mic on, by which time he had said that there were 4 guys outside and that I should be friendly if I knew what was good for me, haha. 

I eventually managed to call out that I was friendly. 

I asked if they needed anything like food or water, of which I had plenty. 

They asked for an LAR mag if I had one. 

I had 2 which I gave them and then got the hell out of there. 

It only takes one guy out of 4 to not like the way my character walks to send me back to the coast. 

Tldr : scared 1 guy of a party of 4. They were nice. We traded. I escaped with my life. 

Walking away is the worse part for me, you just anticipate a bullet/shell to the back of the head 😂

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2019 at 5:02 AM, FearFokkol said:

Everywhere is a "hot zone".  I was KoS'd the other day at the exact same site.  I heard someone in the barrack, and I exercised caution.  I had the drop on him, but chose to take the moral high ground.  I was peeking around the back corner, and he noticed me, and IMMEDIATELY opened fire, even as I was trying to tell him that everything was cool.  I browsed through the Discord and asked an acquaintance if it was him, and he fessed up, giving the excuse of that he only KoS's at mil sites, yada-yada.  If someone calls out that they're friendly at a mil sight, what makes that any different than saying you're friendly anywhere else?  I told him that I could have killed him at any time up to that point, so what made him think I was a threat after that?  This is not the first time that something like this has happened, but it is the last.  I am NOW a KoSer.  I didn't do it......OTHERS made me this way.  So, IF by some chance I ever run across any of you and I kill you, thank your fellow survivors.

2 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Everywhere is a "hot zone".  I was KoS'd the other day at the exact same site.  I heard someone in the barrack, and I exercised caution.  I had the drop on him, but chose to take the moral high ground.  I was peeking around the back corner, and he noticed me, and IMMEDIATELY opened fire, even as I was trying to tell him that everything was cool.  I browsed through the Discord and asked an acquaintance if it was him, and he fessed up, giving the excuse of that he only KoS's at mil sites, yada-yada.  If someone calls out that they're friendly at a mil sight, what makes that any different than saying you're friendly anywhere else?  I told him that I could have killed him at any time up to that point, so what made him think I was a threat after that?  This is not the first time that something like this has happened, but it is the last.  I am NOW a KoSer.  I didn't do it......OTHERS made me this way.  So, IF by some chance I ever run across any of you and I kill you, thank your fellow survivors.

It's a good way to be in all honesty, I will usually do the same. In this encounter the guy was hiding without a weapon in hand so took a chance which thankfully paid off but I know my luck will run out if I do it again.

3 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Yeah I had about the same experience the other day, was running through the wood and spotted a base/Tents, so I ran way around it so as to avoid it completely and make my way north, but then I heard a guy come running up behind me saying he's friendly and when I stopped and turned he raised his AR, luckily I had my girlfriend in my hands "BK-133_Buck" and fired, but then ran away as didn't want to engage any other players in the area or coming from the base, now I dont think I can trust any player I come across in DayZ really.

8 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

Yeah I had about the same experience the other day, was running through the wood and spotted a base/Tents, so I ran way around it so as to avoid it completely and make my way north, but then I heard a guy come running up behind me saying he's friendly and when I stopped and turned he raised his AR, luckily I had my girlfriend in my hands "BK-133_Buck" and fired, but then ran away as didn't want to engage any other players in the area or coming from the base, now I dont think I can trust any player I come across in DayZ really.

Trust? What's that? 

In DayZ, trust can only be earned after speaking, trading, sharing, hunting & killing together for months, imo. 

When I was regularly playing with a group, one guy decided to betray us all and he had been "trusted" for a couple of weeks. 

I can understand someone wanting to kill me if I've stumbled upon their base; I would do the same since what's to stop them coming back with friends and raiding me? If you kill them, that at least gives you some time to pack up and move. 

Sign in to follow this