God0flife

My Love, Hate, and Abusive relationship with DayZ

I remember, like so many others, watching Frankie play the Arma2 mod for DayZ. As a console peasant, only envious eyes poured over the abundant source of videos on DayZ.

It was something to behold "The perfect Zombie game." Mainly, because there was so much to do. Now, don't get me wrong, it had A TON of bugs and watching someone break their legs randomly was always something to laugh at. But, the thing about it, was the loot. You could find rifles in just about any building and then it really did come down to morality when choosing to shoot or interact with players because you may not need nor want their gear because you already had something of value. However, I get the style of game play they're trying to create. They want a sense of desperation and fear when you come across a fellow survivor with only a few rounds left in your dinky pistol or a crowbar. They want that can of beans to mean something when you find it. Spoiler alert, it doesn't.

Duplicators control the loot economy. That dinky pistol is now met with a hail of bullets from a cloned M4/AK. They usually never roam alone either so, for us solo players, it becomes a hassle. Now, I know you can take them down and have a Twitch worthy moment, but that doesn't happen often. What DOES happen often is plenty of running through forests with nothing, looting military bases for literally hours to find nothing, and eventually getting gunned down because your brain has turned to mush and you didn't notice the bum with a shotgun loitering around your building.

I believe the Developers should find what people enjoy most in this game and amplify it until they iron out everything. There should not be a cap on how many weapons are in the game as that cap is met hours into a fresh server. It's basically what they want to do with guns in real life. Ban them all and only the criminals will have them. I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game too many times to count because I fell in love with the concept, but that concept is ruined by us. I find myself just ranting the entire time I play it. Perhaps I'm wrong, I don't know.

• Like 3

I can fully understand your frustration, we old PC players been there more then once. The misbehaviour of a few can have massive impact to all the other legit players. But on a bright side, you don't have to go through the classic cheating scum like shown in some of the old Frankie videos. All i can advise you is to find a trustworthy, private server with active admin staff that scans the logs for suspicious things on a regular basis, even if their hands are half tied up at the moment.

1 hour ago, God0flife said:

There should not be a cap on how many weapons are in the game as that cap is met hours into a fresh server.

I remember times where you could find M4s in pretty much every barn, so everone and their mother had an assault rifle. Not something to wish, believe me. Things will change, its just a matter of time.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, God0flife said:

You could find rifles in just about any building 

Worth noting those videos were also heavily edited. Certainly there are some balancing issues to address on the game but I would hate guns to be easy to find. Also ammo, I would love to see ammo be as rare as the guns and then maybe people would think twice about spraying rounds everywhere. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Worth noting those videos were also heavily edited. Certainly there are some balancing issues to address on the game but I would hate guns to be easy to find. Also ammo, I would love to see ammo be as rare as the guns and then maybe people would think twice about spraying rounds everywhere. 

Atm I'm finding mags for the KA's and M4's but no guns to use them in. Although I'm quite happy with my SK, MP5 and FX45 right now but I'm on the look out for a Tundra and a shotgun as well.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, Tino81 said:

Atm I'm finding mags for the KA's and M4's but no guns to use them in. Although I'm quite happy with my SK, MP5 and FX45 right now but I'm on the look out for a Tundra and a shotgun as well.

The shotgun is pretty easy to find, go looking through normal civilian buildings and you will fine one pretty fast. 🙂

The Tundra is a bit harder, you gotta go to the castles for that.

And I have not found any AR's since about 1,5 week after the release of 1.04 - except on private servers with fewer people on them and on them I then have a hard time finding a player to potentially use it on...

And the ones I DO find on private servers tend to glitch out after reloading the mag once or twice.

It gets hit by the "item-desync"-bug (where you see the item in a place where it really is not) and visually you see no mag in the gun but if you open the inventory and look at it through that it got a mag in it that neither can be removed or exchanged for another no matter how you try and leaving and re-joining the server does not fix it like it does with the other stuff.

When that happens the weapon is just added kilos on your back that can't be used for anything else then to frighten people and look good carrying.

Does this happen to you guys on public servers to, or is it only on the private servers that it happens?

For me it only happened on private servers so far, but I have not played around with many AR's on the public servers yet, so im not sure if its a thing there too (any info would be great so I know if I can use a potential AR for zombies on a public server or if I should save it for players as it might get busted that way before I really need it in a bad situation.

I found an M4 on a private server the other day, loaded it with a mag I had and used 14 bullets from it to kill the zombies in my vicinity as it had been a while since I played around with any AR - and when I tried to reload the weapon for the first time it bugged out. 😕

If that had happened on a public server where you hardly ever see any ARs around then I would have been almost "un-install mad"...

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

The shotgun is pretty easy to find, go looking through normal civilian buildings and you will fine one pretty fast. 🙂

The Tundra is a bit harder, you gotta go to the castles for that.

And I have not found any AR's since about 1,5 week after the release of 1.04 - except on private servers with fewer people on them and on them I then have a hard time finding a player to potentially use it on...

And the ones I DO find on private servers tend to glitch out after reloading the mag once or twice.

It gets hit by the "item-desync"-bug (where you see the item in a place where it really is not) and visually you see no mag in the gun but if you open the inventory and look at it through that it got a mag in it that neither can be removed or exchanged for another no matter how you try and leaving and re-joining the server does not fix it like it does with the other stuff.

When that happens the weapon is just added kilos on your back that can't be used for anything else then to frighten people and look good carrying.

Does this happen to you guys on public servers to, or is it only on the private servers that it happens?

For me it only happened on private servers so far, but I have not played around with many AR's on the public servers yet, so im not sure if its a thing there too (any info would be great so I know if I can use a potential AR for zombies on a public server or if I should save it for players as it might get busted that way before I really need it in a bad situation.

I found an M4 on a private server the other day, loaded it with a mag I had and used 14 bullets from it to kill the zombies in my vicinity as it had been a while since I played around with any AR - and when I tried to reload the weapon for the first time it bugged out. 😕

If that had happened on a public server where you hardly ever see any ARs around then I would have been almost "un-install mad"...

I've played on a couple of unlocked private servers but tend to go back to the official ones and to be honest I've given up on the AR's and have found the scope rifles to be more fun with a couple of smaller close quarter guns like the MP5 or the shotgun.

I found a shed load of Tundra ammo last week so stashed it away, just need to get my butt to a castle now but I have been looking for the hunters scopes but no luck on that so far.

If I find an AR I'll keep an eye out for it glitching out like you've said but it doesn't surprise me that they're doing that tbh.

Ive been playing  on xbox since release . But I have never seen a KA ,AK KAM or similar to it. SK rifle is the most common of the more advanced.  In the beginning i had one M4 but have not seen one after the 2 last updates.  Tons of  mags though (=.  Does KA-M or LAR exist ingame? I love the game though,  xbox I enjoy more than PC for some reason.