Seen it All

Playing through the night

Now that you cant hop onto a day server, playing at night is now a thing.

Any tips for night playing, do you use glow sticks, I used a flash light, but got scared.  What is the strategy?

I'd stick to glowsticks because they can't be seen so easily from distance, every other lightsource is pretty much a big "shoot me" sign over your head. But since NVGs aren't effectively usable on consoles yet you still got an even playing field. Alternatively wait for the moon to come out and stick to the forest edges when travelling, with a little bit of map knowledge you should be able to make your way.

I have always enjoyed the night. At the moment, I have a flashlight on my helmet but if I haven't got that geared yet then a head torch for the win. Torch means you're at a disadvantage on melee with infected but the head torch leaves your hands free. You can just hot bar it to access quickly if you need to. 

You can adapt the glow stick to a rucksack which makes it a lot better too so you can still use a weapon at the same time

On 8/29/2019 at 12:28 PM, MaVerick_GDZ said:

I'd stick to glowsticks because they can't be seen so easily from distance, every other lightsource is pretty much a big "shoot me" sign over your head. But since NVGs aren't effectively usable on consoles yet you still got an even playing field. Alternatively wait for the moon to come out and stick to the forest edges when travelling, with a little bit of map knowledge you should be able to make your way.

Nvg's are effectively usable. Put the nvg in your wheel. Boom! They're usable.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dodd54 said:

You can adapt the glow stick to a rucksack which makes it a lot better too so you can still use a weapon at the same time

At first I was like, "Rucksack?" 😂🤣😅 But yeah, glow sticks ftw! They last a really long time and they free up space and your hands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Nvg's are effectively usable. Put the nvg in your wheel. Boom! They're usable.

Not saying they can't be used, i am talking about good use, like without having to stand still to look through.

The only head torch I use is the red light one. You can barely see it even from a few feet away. The white light one is like a HUGE beacon. Atm tho when someone tries to scope in on a light source it only shows the little round white spot of the flash light and not the flood of the light.

Glow sticks FTW! they last for a looooong time lol, worst case scenario, flares are always useful just don't last as long as glow sticks and make you a bigger target