DayzDayzFanboy

DLC

Has there been any more word about the new content they were talking about? Not the survivor games, but rumours about a new map? 

DayZ is not a DLC game.

Especially when they have enough bugs to fix.

• Haha 1

Just now, LnS247 said:

DayZ is not a DLC game.

Especially when they have enough bugs to fix.

They announced that they were working on some dlc. 

Don't shoot the messenger, I was just asking the question. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

On 7/17/2019 at 5:26 PM, Tom_48_97 said:

Incoming DLC, paid content, and features?
A: The paid DLC mentioned in the Status Report isn't Survivor GameZ. And as Tim wrote, no previously promised features will be hidden behind a paywall. If anything, they will be released as part of the supporting update of the game.

While we aren't ready to share details and specifics, as hinted on Twitter, the central piece is a new terrain, and it isn't Namalsk. 

This is the current state of information on our upcoming DLC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

They really make it difficult to support this game.  DLC.  Next we are going have microtransactions.  Maybe we can pay real money for Beans currency used to buy useless skins.

1 hour ago, LnS247 said:

They really make it difficult to support this game.  DLC.  Next we are going have microtransactions.  Maybe we can pay real money for Beans currency used to buy useless skins.

Why? Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. They aren't selling anything which will give advantage in the vanilla game such as weapons or gear. I think if you read Impulz reply it explains things fairly well. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stephen321 said:

I thought they confirmed it was a new map?

That's certainly the impression I got too. Just curious if there were any further details. We know it isn't Namalsk (sadly) so I wonder if it might be any of the existing maps or a complete new treatment. Interesting that they say the 'central piece is new terrain', suggesting perhaps other material included such as equipment, clothes, vehicles maybe? 

30 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That's certainly the impression I got too. Just curious if there were any further details. We know it isn't Namalsk (sadly) so I wonder if it might be any of the existing maps or a complete new treatment. Interesting that they say the 'central piece is new terrain', suggesting perhaps other material included such as equipment, clothes, vehicles maybe? 

My idea is that the new map comes with new assets, props, models that will find its way to the Chernarus+ terrain as well. Replacing the old ugly stuff with fresh new models, maybe new structures or existing structures that received some attention (plant growth, new furniture models, more dirtier look). This way all DayZ players receive a 'platform update', as they call it with Arma, and also include an optional map for those willing to buy it. Just my theory. 

Edited by amadieus

1 minute ago, amadieus said:

My idea is that the new map comes with new assets, props, models that will find its way to the Chernarus+ terrain as well. Replacing the old ugly stuff with fresh new models, maybe new structures or existing structures that received some attention (plant growth, new furniture models, more dirtier look). This way all DayZ players receive a 'platform update', as they call it with Arma, and also include an optional map for those willing to buy it. Just my theory. 

Yeah, that would be really interesting. I remember some of the later Frankie videos played on one of the modded Chernarus maps where it was years later and totally overgrown. Looked really cool

3 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, that would be really interesting. I remember some of the later Frankie videos played on one of the modded Chernarus maps where it was years later and totally overgrown. Looked really cool

Adam the map designer mentioned in one of his personal DayZ streams that plant growth on buildings is still on the table, he was currently prototyping it. Also, on his Twitter he talked with some players about things he wished to change/add to the current interiors of structures. Can be an interesting read if you like. I really like Chernarus and I am pretty interested to see what he can do more with the map, Namalsk and the new terrain as well (if he makes the new terrain that is). 

@amadieus yeah sounds interesting, do you have a link?

How cool would it be if there was a server setting that allowed plants to grow over a period of time. Can't imagine it being possible but an interesting concept. 

3 hours ago, LnS247 said:

Bro, what? He just said none of its paid go read what impulz said lmao already crying about microtransactions the second they mention new content

33 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

@amadieus yeah sounds interesting, do you have a link?

How cool would it be if there was a server setting that allowed plants to grow over a period of time. Can't imagine it being possible but an interesting concept. 

House interior tweets: https://twitter.com/adamfrancu/status/1156276607482585096

Plant Growth: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/468086358?t=02h06m25s

He talks a lot about the game in his streams, it is pretty informative in general. 

I admit I'm just salty today.

I hear "DLC" and worry this game could be ruined by the fortnite crowd.  Again, I'm just being a little wuss today.

Out of respect for the forum reps, I'll change my avatar from the original DayZ logo as not to confuse others.  FWIW I had no idea that avatar was used by reps here.

Thanks

2 hours ago, amadieus said:

I really like Chernarus and I am pretty interested to see what he can do more with the map, Namalsk and the new terrain as well (if he makes the new terrain that is).  

It would be interesting to see Chernarus in such a wide territory, with the continuation of the route to Miroslav, Kirovograd, Primorsk and Novigrad

2DWJOSd.png

dRgRHhJ.jpg

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LnS247 said:

I admit I'm just salty today.

I hear "DLC" and worry this game could be ruined by the fortnite crowd.  Again, I'm just being a little wuss today.

Out of respect for the forum reps, I'll change my avatar from the original DayZ logo as not to confuse others.  FWIW I had no idea that avatar was used by reps here.

Thanks

I think it's fair to day most people here just want what's best for the game and I don't think any of us want the game to be diluted or to become generic. This game has always been unique and has a long following. Players of the game are passionate about it and that's not a bad thing. We all have our fair share of salt on our chips 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2