The Smeef

How to ruin a private server.

1. Log on
2. Get as many guns / gear
3. log off and mess with the loot economy. 

I own a server and this has pretty much happened to me, People would play and get geared and when they log off to never be seen again they log off with maybe an M4 or AK and then thats 1 less M4 and AK to be fount. 
Anyone know if this is even possible to fix or stop or even do ?

Actually very good point dude 

I've noticed the loot on alot of server to be pretty hammered 

Is there any confirmation that the loot economy actually exists? i.e. less guns spawning because others have them already? 

I feel like everyone talks about this but I’ve never seen and proof or confirmation from Bohemia or the game that this is a thing.

Just now, Kaiostar said:

Is there any confirmation that the loot economy actually exists? i.e. less guns spawning because others have them already? 

I feel like everyone talks about this but I’ve never seen and proof or confirmation from Bohemia or the game that this is a thing.

It is a thing. 

Logging off with weapons shouldn’t affect the loot economy. The only guns that are counted are ones that exist on the server.

This is just how DayZ is right now. M4s, AKs, SVDs, Fals, VSS, etc. Are incredibly rare.

Guns at bases and in stashes DO count. Those are likely the biggest offenders.

• Like 1

You could probably reinstall the server on the Nitrado site but that would reset everything, characters included.

Not an ideal idea to keep players happy.

1 minute ago, ThePugman said:

Logging off with weapons shouldn’t affect the loot economy. The only guns that are counted are ones that exist on the server.

This is just how DayZ is right now. M4s, AKs, SVDs, Fals, VSS, etc. Are incredibly rare.

So what you are saying is that people who log off with weapons in their inventory do not effect the economy ? 

1 minute ago, ThePugman said:

It is a thing, when you first load the server up the amount of loot is incredible, there is literally everything for a few days. Then, when people start logging in taking stuff and logging out it completely ruins it. And messes with the spawns. It’s a joke, 

3 minutes ago, The Smeef said:

It is a thing. 

Any proof it’s a thing? Maybe Bohemia acknowledging it or some code?

because the only time I’ve noticed a change in weapon spawn is when Bohemia have tweaked themselves every big update. 

3 minutes ago, Kaiostar said:

Any proof it’s a thing? Maybe Bohemia acknowledging it or some code?

because the only time I’ve noticed a change in weapon spawn is when Bohemia have tweaked themselves every big update. 

I do not have any proof however i have seen it and people have provided proof.

9 minutes ago, The Smeef said:

So what you are saying is that people who log off with weapons in their inventory do not effect the economy ? 

Yes. The only way it could affect it, is if they log back in, and the amount of a specific weapon has exceeded the maximum allowed on a server at once... but that would just mean they wouldn’t spawn until the number drops.

e.g. 3 is the maximum number of VSS allowed... 3 people find one and log off.... 3 more would spawn. The first 3 log back on... Now there are 6 on the server... no more will spawn until the number on the server is below 3 again.

Remember, guns in containers, and stashes DO count.... BI added craftable crates recently. So weapons in storage has become easier than ever.

Edited by ThePugman

Do you remember what proof you saw? Just curious. 

I personally just think weapon spawn rates  get tweaked every big update. Some weapons are just harder to find than others. The game is a constant trial and error and I’m sure the devs are seeing what works best. In my experience with this update, I’m finding guns often, and I play on a populated server too.

Edited by Kaiostar

You have to remember I posted an example that was given to me by aux7

If there are 10 m4s max for the server those m4s count in stash , cargo , map spawn,  but do not count in the player. 

So if there are 10 m4s in stashes no other m4s will spawn. Or if 10 players have m4s on their character then 10 more will spawn in. 

You have to remember there are up to 60 people playing where only 10 m4 can be on the map , tent , car , stash at any given time. Only 10 do it will seem like there are none to be found because they are not spawning in. 

It's even worse for ak101 which the total is 5 

The lar and svd total limit is 4 and the vss is 3. And for those 3 weapons they also count toward the loot economy limit if they are are on a charater as well 

x2NVlgc.png

This is a screenshot from @aux7 

and @Lt.Master has explained the meaning of the following:

“count_in_cargo => Inventory of a car mostly, in the future it would be use for house containers that can't be moved
count_in_hoarder => Inventory of a containers that can be moved/placed/build by a player (barrels/sea chest/tent/backpack/protector case)
count_in_map => stuff on the ground like a placed tent, a car, an item, mushrooms, heli crash
count_in_player => player inventory and player hands”

Hope this helps!

Edited by ThePugman

So, does anyone have any REAL proof about what you are saying, like a quote from a dev? All i can find from an official standpoint is pretty much telling the exact opposite of what i keep hearing (quote: "Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!"), its a pretty old source though from 0.5something.

I would be really glad to get some newer info about the matter, questions about loot, storage and how its calculated will keep coming and a source to point at would be neat.

Edit: that pic above is a good start.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

So we can confirm that when players log off they do not effect the loot economy ?

The info I put up was info from the game files on the loot tables  from patch 1.05

Edited by GolemNo9

2 hours ago, The Smeef said:

1. Log on

I own a server and this has pretty much happened to me, People would play and get geared and when they log off to never be seen again they log off with maybe an M4 or AK and then thats 1 less M4 and AK to be fount. 

It's possible to fix this issue but you need to change a lot of things in the CLE however you won't be able to fix the stoage/base building issue. Oh and my solution also have flaws but for a private server it's not a really big deal

The biggest issue is not the player inventory but the items inside containers (barrels, tents, cars, etc). The player inventory have a minor impact on loot distribution.

1 hour ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

So, does anyone have any REAL proof about what you are saying, like a quote from a dev? All i can find from an official standpoint is pretty much telling the exact opposite of what i keep hearing (quote: "Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!"), its a pretty old source though from 0.5something.

I would be really glad to get some newer info about the matter, questions about loot, storage and how its calculated will keep coming and a source to point at would be neat.

Edit: that pic above is a good start.

All you have to do is to open a mission file and play with the values to see what they do. I am tweaking my mission for a server for month now and I have fixed all the loot distribution issues that can be fixed without any mods.

If you need any information about CLE and CE I am here to help 🙂

31 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Reinstall the server.

don't need to

2 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

It's possible to fix this issue but you need to change a lot of things in the CLE however you won't be able to fix the stoage/base building issue. Oh and my solution also have flaws but for a private server it's not a really big deal

The biggest issue is not the player inventory but the items inside containers (barrels, tents, cars, etc). The player inventory have a minor impact on loot distribution.

All you have to do is to open a mission file and play with the values to see what they do. I am tweaking my mission for a server for month now and I have fixed all the loot distribution issues that can be fixed without any mods.

don't need to

This is an Xbox server, we literally have 0 control over the server never mind the files.... lol but thank you

7 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

TBH i took a step back when they released the server files and our community started the first modded server, due to my stress levels hitting the roof thx to RL stuff. Thats why i never tinkered with mission files yet personally. Are you maybe planning a guide or a summary of what you found out (or maybe you already did)? Could be very helpful for all of us.

Edit: Dont you worry console dudes, sooner or later, well more likely later, you will have more control over what you can do

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Smeef said:

This is an Xbox server, we literally have 0 control over the server never mind the files.... lol but thank you

You can't even edit your server mission with a ftp access ?!? REALLY BOHEMIA x)

6 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

TBH i took a step back when they released the server files and our community started the first modded server, due to my stress levels hitting the roof thx to RL stuff. Thats why i never tinkered with mission files yet personally. Are you maybe planning a guide or a summary of what you found out (or maybe you already did)? Could be very helpful for all of us.

Edit: Dont you worry console dudes, sooner or later, well more likely later, you will have more control over what you can do

I already started a guide of how to use the CE Editor (where the loot/AI should spawn) but I need to redo it to make it easier to understand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Smeef said:

1. Log on

Wipem lmao

38 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

You can't even edit your server mission with a ftp access ?!? REALLY BOHEMIA x)

I already started a guide of how to use the CE Editor (where the loot/AI should spawn) but I need to redo it to make it easier to understand

yes we cant edit literally anything on Xbox Servers, we can only change time and restart our server. We literally cant even make announcements. 

2 hours ago, The Smeef said:

Apparently not

once they log off they arent counted by the server and new ones will eventually spawn