derpingwork

When we can expect the following things to be in game

Which of these things you would appreciate most?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Given the fact how dayz was in earlier stages (around 2015), which from these features do you miss the most?

• Sicknesses (from raw meat, sprays, tinctures...)
    • Writing notes
    • Spawning hordes (if it ever was)
    • Vejtřaska trucks (V3S)

As the title says, RP servers are missing some key features that were stripped off the game (as it is today).

I am currently speaking about:

Sicknesses (ie. drinking tincture, disinfection, eating raw meat etc..)
Writing notes (most needed feature on RP servers, which from my point of view mustn't be that hard to implement given the fact it's nothing else than writing/leaving a note. I can imagine making a working ammo-loading script was a lot harder.)
Hordes (exactly if it is even possible to have a chance to meet a roaming horde consisting of 20+ infected basically anywhere)

That is all, i'd be super-glad to hear everyones opinions, and even more glad to hear answers from the devs, mostly on the second matter (notes).

Thanks!

Edited by derpingwork
-

1 hour ago, derpingwork said:

As the title says, RP servers are missing some key features that were stripped off the game (as it is today).

I am currently speaking about:

Sicknesses (ie. drinking tincture, disinfection, eating raw meat etc..)
Writing notes (most needed feature on RP servers, which from my point of view mustn't be that hard to implement given the fact it's nothing else than writing/leaving a note. I can imagine making a working ammo-loading script was a lot harder.)
Hordes (exactly if it is even possible to have a chance to meet a roaming horde consisting of 20+ infected basically anywhere)

That is all, i'd be super-glad to hear everyones opinions, and even more glad to hear answers from the devs, mostly on the second matter (notes).

Thanks!

• The sicknesses are in, but they are so weak that they are completely trivial. Hopefully this will be looked at now that the devs have stated that they will be focusing mostly on balancing and bugfixing.
  • Writing notes is in the backlog, and as you say should probably not be very difficult to do, although devs probably need to code in an ID tag so abusive notes can be moderated. So far notes and books have been a long way down on the priority list, which is understandable although I'd love to see them back sooner rather than later.
  • Hordes are perfectly possible already by tweaking the server configuration, but for the time being you'll have to find community servers with increased infected, there are quite a few of them around. In the server files I've seen some lines about infected "herds" along with animal AI herds. These are still not in use, but it implies they are actively working on infected horde behaviour. As for when this will go live there is just no way of knowing...
  • The V3S truck was announced to go live with 1.0, all its parts were even spawning although the truck itself never showed up. The parts were soon removed from the loot tables and when asked about it devs said they chose to concentrate on making the 4x4 work (we know how that went) and put the truck on hold. Since then they've added two other cars while the V3S is still missing, which is a bit confusing. If it was just a case of priorities, logically the truck should have been implemented before the sedan and hatchback, so probably they ran into some serious blocker with the V3S. Hopefully it will come soon though, it has an important role to play in the game.
Edited by Derleth

I can remember reading a book in the light of my lit chimney while winds and Rain and the growling of infected surrounded my house. 

Thats immersion. Helikopters and bases are not immersive. Bit OT but idc. 😎

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Notes and books are such a missed RP opportunity, I'm sorely disappointed that they're low on the list.

Just think about this: persistent map notes and marks. A world of opportunities.

• Like 1

Barricading , advanced soft skills , advanced medical system , dynamic zombie hordes , drugs and their affects , aerial vehicles , 2 wheeled  vehicles , contaminated zones , where are all these features that were supposed to be here “by 1.0 or shortly after” ?? 

Why are devs even planning the creation of a new game / dlc that’s unrelated to dayz and its completion of previously promised features and mechanics ?

New team or not this is a kick In the nuts to all dayz sa fans as even the mere planning of this new team to work on this new game takes away from the focus of dayz sa - and don’t tell me it doesn’t cuz the managers of dayz team are the direction and if they are also putting together another project their managing of the dayz sa team will be chaotic and unfruitful .

Finish your damn game and give us the goddamn features you promised us.

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Like 1

WHERE did you read this thing about a new game? I can't talk otherwise I take a ban but it is clear that this game will go down in history as a game to take money by inventing false promises

Everyone, thanks for your attention and support! May i ask any of you if there is a possibility to get the developer team involved? Especially on the "writing notes" matter?

I think all of us would appreciate that!

Thanks!

Guys just mod it yourself, work with the community and avoid all this wishing for new or old features. Best to move on, like we said mods will save this game.

• Beans 1

Yes we can mod but who will do that? If there hasn't been anyone that did it up to this day, will there ever be someone that will do it from this day forward?

Also, what about books?

On 7/31/2019 at 4:56 AM, sneakydude said:

Guys just mod it yourself, work with the community and avoid all this wishing for new or old features. Best to move on, like we said mods will save this game.

fxnbw4p.jpg

16 hours ago, derpingwork said:

Yes we can mod but who will do that? If there hasn't been anyone that did it up to this day, will there ever be someone that will do it from this day forward?

Also, what about books?

You do know how the original mod started dont you?