When do you lot reckon ? My moneys on Aug 2nd . Hopefully I’m wrong , as I’m concerned about @bent.toe ‘s blood pressure. I feel your pain homie.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

When do you lot reckon ? My moneys on Aug 2nd . Hopefully I’m wrong , as I’m concerned about @bent.toe ‘s blood pressure. I feel your pain homie.  🙂 

I'm hoping for today! But it's all silent and i'm refreshing twitter like craaaaaeeeezy

• Like 2

And yet pc are testing choppers , boats , vehicles you can actually shoot from.........I’m lost for words. 

1 minute ago, bearjew1101 said:

And yet pc are testing choppers , boats , vehicles you can actually shoot from.........I’m lost for words. 

Watching that as we speak 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

Even worse for you, those are mods

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Even worse for you, those are mods

I’m well aware they are mods . What’s your point ? 

• Beans 1

11 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

Watching that as we speak 😂

dude I don’t get it . We got some spiel about parity not being possible, and yet the modding community manages to pull something like that off. ? In what parallel universe does this make sense ?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

I’m well aware they are mods . What’s your point ? 

You do? Not entirely sure why you are "at a lost for words" then. 

DELAYED YET AGAIN FFS BI

PlayStation didn't pass submission so not going to be this month now.

And BI were saying if it don't come by the end of this month they'll give the game away.  LOL

Edited by Tyler Tee H C
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

You do? Not entirely sure why you are "at a lost for words" then. 

Jesus .... have iqs suddenly dropped sharply today ??? The point is if the modding  community can manage it , why can’t the devs. Try and keep up . Or failing that don’t comment at all. 

• Beans 1

@bearjew1101

Because modders only need to focus on adding specific things. The devs have to build and maintain the engine that allows that to happen. They also have so many different priorities. The duping mess on console, for example.

Edited by ThePugman

25 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

Jesus .... have iqs suddenly dropped sharply today ??? The point is if the modding  community can manage it , why can’t the devs. Try and keep up . Or failing that don’t comment at all. 

My bad. Initially I thought you confused the mod stuff as official content that pc players are getting while consoles players still await 1.04. So I wanted to share that most of it won't make it to console anyway, to ease the pain you know. Now it is clear to me that your post was a mere simple "ModDERs cAN DO it, So wHY CAnt tHe DEvs..... reeeeeeeeee"

So my main mistake was that I'd expected you to be a bit more brighter, so I will explain it to you.

Game development is not equal to modding. Just because the devs don't push out a helicopter but modders do, doesn't mean the devs can't. Generally modded content is of a lower quality and additionally, the devs need to take into account other factors. Such as the impact on server performance, the relation towards other features in development and elements already present in the game. Modders on the other hand can only be restricted by the tools they have. And yes, I do admit I am surprised by how fluently the chopper was flying. 

Edit: just to clarify, with my original comment I ment that it is worse for the console players as all that stuff is modded. So you will never see it, with the exception of the chopper. If it was official, you would see it eventually. I can see that you missed that point because of the way I wrote it.

Edited by amadieus

And the duping has been an issue on console since day 1 . With no resolve. There’s a plethora of issues on consoles that have gone unanswered for months. Your telling me that modders in their own time can create Helis , boats , etc , but BI can’t employ more staff just to FIX this mess? I’d agree if the issues pertinent to the console have been , or are in the process of being being resolved but they’re not. I find it increasingly difficult to believe the modding community can implement these amazing additions and get the game developer itself can’t even seem to  get the game to function as intended . I respect your opinion after all you are entitled to it . However to me this is 

A  

DIABOLICAL 

FUCKING 

EMBARRASMENT 

OF 

MONUMENTAL 

PROPORTIONS . 

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

20 minutes ago, amadieus said:

My bad. Initially I thought you confused the mod stuff as official content that pc players are getting while consoles players still await 1.04. So I wanted to share that most of it won't make it to console anyway, to ease the pain you know. Now it is clear to me that your post was a mere simple "ModDERs cAN DO it, So wHY CAnt tHe DEvs..... reeeeeeeeee"

So my main mistake was that I'd expected you to be a bit more brighter, so I will explain it to you.

Game development is not equal to modding. Just because the devs don't push out a helicopter but modders do, doesn't mean the devs can't. Generally modded content is of a lower quality and additionally, the devs need to take into account other factors. Such as the impact on server performance, the relation towards other features in development and elements already present in the game. Modders on the other hand can only be restricted by the tools they have. And yes, I do admit I am surprised by how fluently the chopper was flying. 

Edit: just to clarify, with my original comment I ment that it is worse for the console players as all that stuff is modded. So you will never see it, with the exception of the chopper. If it was official, you would see it eventually. I can see that you missed that point because of the way I wrote it.

With all due respect a “ bit more brighter “ ???? Is quite frankly appalling use of the English language . Please do not try and condescend to me when your command of the English language is that poor . 

Secondly I believe the word is “ meant “ not ment . 

Jesus I could go on forever ... however let’s put that aside for a moment. 

You watched the vid concerning the helis right ? Did that look “ lower quality to you “ my point is you have modders creating content which is truly awesome but the devs themselves cannot seem to get the basic functionality to operate as intended . 

On consoles it’s a clusterfuck and has been for months. 

Not a a few bugs to contend with ...

a complete clusterfuck .

p.s - what in flyingfuckland is a reeeeeeee ? Genuine question . 

Pps - it has just occurred to me that your native tongue may not be English , for that you have my condolences . For future reference we can have this debate in either French, Welsh , or German to some degree to avoid any miscommunication . 

Edited by bearjew1101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bearjew1101 said:

With all due respect a “ bit more brighter “ ???? Is quite frankly appalling use of the English language . Please do not try and condescend to me when your command of the English language is that poor . 

Secondly I believe the word is “ meant “ not ment . 

Jesus I could go on forever ... however let’s put that aside for a moment. 

You watched the vid concerning the helis right ? Did that look “ lower quality to you “ my point is you have modders creating content which is truly awesome but the devs themselves cannot seem to get the basic functionality to operate as intended . 

On consoles it’s a clusterfuck and has been for months. 

Not a a few bugs to contend with ...

a complete clusterfuck .

p.s - what in flyingfuckland is a reeeeeeee ? Genuine question . 

Pps - it has just occurred to me that your native tongue may not be English , for that you have my condolences . For future reference we can have this debate in either French, Welsh , or German to some degree to avoid any miscommunication . 

Correct my fellow forum dweller. As a Dutch person, English is not my native language. Nevertheless, my skill in English is ranging from B2 to C1 in the various categories (vocabulary, grammar etc.). But a lack of professional use makes me rusty. Anyway, this is a forum and I assume nobody is that bothered by some hastily written posts. At least I don't, so I won't pick out your mistakes. 

Also, it was never my intention to be condescending in the first place. It was merely a reaction on your comment stating that I have a ''piss poor IQ''.

I watched that gameplay, and as I said, I was surprised by how fluent the heli operated. But overall, mods do have a lower quality. And usually this has nothing to do with the skills of the modders, but rather with the limitations of the tools that they are working with. I keenly follow the development of the DayZ expansion mod and I am interested to see how it turns out. I mean, it would be a loss of face for the devs when the modded heli works flawlessly and their version is still nowhere to be seen. 

Nonetheless, releasing DayZ as a 1.0 on the consoles is of course mind-boggling. But in the end it remains a version tag and it would not change the game's state. It is hard to say if the devs could have foreseen the insane duping problems and what they could have done about it. The only hope is that the 1.04 patch brings significant improvements, because I can imagine that console players want a normal functioning game after all these months.

The definition of ''reeeeeeee''
"REEEEEEE" is an onomatopoeic expression of intense rage or frustration typically associated with the Angry Pepe character and used by those who frequent the /r9k/ board on 4chan. The expression is often associated with the Autistic Screeching meme, however it is intended to represent the unique croak produced by several species of frogs when agitated. Additionally, the expression has been combined with the word repost to call out duplicate posts on Reddit, Imgur and other sites.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/reeeeeee

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Correct my fellow forum dweller. As a Dutch person, English is not my native language. Nevertheless, my skill in English is ranging from B2 to C1 in the various categories (vocabulary, grammar etc.). But a lack of professional use makes me rusty. Anyway, this is a forum and I assume nobody is that bothered by some hastily written posts. At least I don't, so I won't pick out your mistakes. 

Also, it was never my intention to be condescending in the first place. It was merely a reaction on your comment stating that I have a ''piss poor IQ''.

I watched that gameplay, and as I said, I was surprised by how fluent the heli operated. But overall, mods do have a lower quality. And usually this has nothing to do with the skills of the modders, but rather with the limitations of the tools that they are working with. I keenly follow the development of the DayZ expansion mod and I am interested to see how it turns out. I mean, it would be loss of face for the devs when the modded heli works flawlessly and their version is still nowhere to be seen. 

Nonetheless, releasing DayZ as a 1.0 on the consoles is of course mind-boggling. But in the end it remains a version tag and it would not change the game's state. It is hard to say if the devs could have foreseen the insane duping problems and what they could have done about it. The only hope is that the 1.04 patch brings significant improvements, because I can imagine that console players want a normal functioning game after all these months.

The definition of ''reeeeeeee''
"REEEEEEE" is an onomatopoeic expression of intense rage or frustration typically associated with the Angry Pepe character and used by those who frequent the /r9k/ board on 4chan. The expression is often associated with the Autistic Screeching meme, however it is intended to represent the unique croak produced by several species of frogs when agitated. Additionally, the expression has been combined with the word repost to call out duplicate posts on Reddit, Imgur and other sites.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/reeeeeee

Firstly and foremost I appreciate the response of said definition for the term ; 

“ Reeeeeeeeee” 

I shall attempt to incorporate said onomatopoeic “gem“ into  my everyday vernacular .

Secondly I appreciate the appropriate use of the English language . You have redeemed yourself in my eyes .  

Your original post came across as both sarcastic and condescending , however I now understand that it was merely a mismanagement of tone. 

You are forgiven . 

Nid oes yna unrhyw problam rwngthym . 

Eich eiddo un gywir . 

Y boi drws nesa . 

• Like 3

I was hoping to find information about the upcoming update for Xbox, heard a unverified claim today that it would not be coming this week even.  Instead Ive spent about 20 min watching two *removed* debate language. New to the site as well. Please tell me this is more useful at least some of the time.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, zDevilDog1775z said:

I was hoping to find information about the upcoming update for Xbox, heard a unverified claim today that it would not be coming this week even.  Instead Ive spent about 20 min watching two *removed* debate language. New to the site as well. Please tell me this is more useful at least some of the time.

Welcome to the forum! As you can see it’s an... interesting place.

Here and Twitter are the best for staying up to date.

Even if you don’t use Twitter, I’d recommend making an account, and turning on notifications for DayZ (if you’re as sad as me, that is). That way you’ll know as soon as the update, and information surrounding it, is released.

Also, sadly, the console update HAS been delayed... 

Hopefully it will be resolved next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

watching two *removed*

Manners, youngling. 

• Beans 1

There are at least 4 other threads pertinent to your query . Spent 20 mins ??? Really ??? U can read , right ? 20 mins ???? Beside the fact that it’s all over Twitter , Reddit , Facebook . 

20 mins . 

You’re my hero . 

“Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

• Haha 1

I don't think the quality of those Chopper, Vehicle, Boat mods lowered the quality of the game at all. I was impressed how good it looked, and we were watching it through YouTube after all. But reflections on the screens and the characters looked as good if not better than Vanilla to me. Even the colour palate was better to look at.

But I totally get what Bear Jew is saying. If people can produce this in their spare time with their own cash FOR THE FUN OF IT. Then why don't BI get some of these guys on Salary and knock this Game out of the ballpark.

Jeez it's not Rocket Science.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 minutes ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

I don't think the quality of those Chopper, Vehicle, Boat mods lowered the quality of the game at all. I was impressed how good it looked, and we were watching it through YouTube after all. But reflections on the screens and the characters looked as good if not better than Vanilla to me. Even the colour palate was better to look at.

But I totally get what Bear Jew is saying. If people can produce this in their spare time with their own cash FOR THE FUN OF IT. Then why don't BI get some of these guys on Salary and knock this Game out of the ballpark.

Jeez it's not Rocket Science.

Amen to that .