ParkwayNightmare

Question regarding update and a concern..

Okay, so according to everything I have read and watched regarding the future update it sounds like we will be on par with the PC. So does that mean we will finally have access to character customization?? Because I would rather make someone I want to play as, as opposed to the random characters we get now..

onto my concern, this has to do with server hopping. I know, if you do it you get thrown in a whole new spot miles away.. but hear me out and follow along if you can. Because I might have found a hole in this.. let’s say i am in Server A, I find a base. So I server hop into Server B. It puts me at some random spot, no big deal. I make my way back INTO where the base would be at in Server A. I log out.. go do some things, thus killing a couple hours. I come back, log into Server A again. Now keep in mind, it’s been hours since I’ve played last. Would it then put me inside the base at Server A or a random location again?

21 minutes ago, ParkwayNightmare said:

Okay, so according to everything I have read and watched regarding the future update it sounds like we will be on par with the PC. So does that mean we will finally have access to character customization?? Because I would rather make someone I want to play as, as opposed to the random characters we get now..

onto my concern, this has to do with server hopping. I know, if you do it you get thrown in a whole new spot miles away.. but hear me out and follow along if you can. Because I might have found a hole in this.. let’s say i am in Server A, I find a base. So I server hop into Server B. It puts me at some random spot, no big deal. I make my way back INTO where the base would be at in Server A. I log out.. go do some things, thus killing a couple hours. I come back, log into Server A again. Now keep in mind, it’s been hours since I’ve played last. Would it then put me inside the base at Server A or a random location again?

The missing character creation is a console specific issue that we sadly will not solve with 1.04.

And yes, even if you wait several hours between switching the servers, your position will be reset. You will receive a warning while logging in though, so you can cancel the connection in case you accidentally joined the wrong server.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

@ImpulZ You were just the person I was hoping would respond to this! 

that’s unfortunate to hear about the character creation. Fingers crossed for the future then.. until then I will just keep suiciding people I don’t like. 

onto the second part, okay good! That was something I thought of and could have ruined base building. So I’m glad that’s the case.. but that also leads me to ask, if I have 2 characters (say 1 for regular play, and 1 for private RP servers) would I just have to deal with the fact that I’m gonna be thrown into random locations then? I personally don’t care, because I love this game! Just trying to get an idea how this is going to work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ParkwayNightmare said:

@ImpulZ You were just the person I was hoping would respond to this! 

that’s unfortunate to hear about the character creation. Fingers crossed for the future then.. until then I will just keep suiciding people I don’t like. 

onto the second part, okay good! That was something I thought of and could have ruined base building. So I’m glad that’s the case.. but that also leads me to ask, if I have 2 characters (say 1 for regular play, and 1 for private RP servers) would I just have to deal with the fact that I’m gonna be thrown into random locations then? I personally don’t care, because I love this game! Just trying to get an idea how this is going to work. 

Private servers will have individual characters, so that should not interfere with your experience, if I understand your question correctly. So if you are playing with two different characters on two different servers, you will not receive a position reset, as you can't get a position advantage through it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@impulz so this new update should completely stop ghosting? Also what about if like some camps the spots you get put at or like makes a base there?

I’m not ImpulZ so I can’t promise this is how it will be, but from what I read there will be multiple spots that server hoppers will get thrown into. So you might be able to camp at one of them, but you’re just taking a gamble that someone will end up there. You could spend hours camping away and never see anyone show up. So I don’t think people will try to camp at those spots.. unless they truly have NO life, then they might.. 

21 minutes ago, headcase said:

@ImpulZ is there any chance we get the update tomorrow or sometime next week 

3-7 days for verification at Microsoft and Sony. The patch was sent in this monday. With a little luck we get it tomorrow otherwise on monday. Tuesday the latest. 

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

3-7 days for verification at Microsoft and Sony. The patch was sent in this monday. With a little luck we get it tomorrow otherwise on monday. Tuesday the latest. 

How you know it was sent Monday ?

5 hours ago, Ydbxsnowwolf said:

@impulz so this new update should completely stop ghosting? Also what about if like some camps the spots you get put at or like makes a base there?

I think they added 150 new spawn points, so good luck camping them 😂

@bent.toe I’m also curious how you know it was sent Monday. I wouldn’t be surprised if it hasn’t gone yet, given the important experimental update today, which solved a lot of crashing issues. In fact, I’m sure they said “we will send it this week” on Tuesday, implying that it hadn’t gone yet.

I dont plan on camping lol, when update hits im gonna test how the e"respawn feature works. Personally i hope there are official and rented private servers

14 hours ago, ParkwayNightmare said:

I make my way back INTO where the base would be at in Server A

THIS is called GHOSTING, and is just ONE of the reasons for this change.  Hear ME out and follow along if you can.......THAT'S CALLED CHEATING.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

THIS is called GHOSTING, and is just ONE of the reasons for this change.  Hear ME out and follow along if you can.......THAT'S CALLED CHEATING.

I hope you know he prolly knows that and wanted more info on how the system works

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaximusDickus said:

How you know it was sent Monday ?

I don’t, but my brain is telling me to write it. It must be monday otherwise i can not have hope for it to be released today (friday). 

Hope is all a man have. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ThePugman said:

I think they added 150 new spawn points, so good luck camping them 😂

@bent.toe I’m also curious how you know it was sent Monday. I wouldn’t be surprised if it hasn’t gone yet, given the important experimental update today, which solved a lot of crashing issues. In fact, I’m sure they said “we will send it this week” on Tuesday, implying that it hadn’t gone yet.

No no no.. Stop it. We must believe!! We must. 

The force is not strong in this one guys. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

No no no.. Stop it. We must believe!! We must. 

The force is not strong in this one guys. 

😂 I play on PC, so don’t need to have hope for this update, but I completely understand. I’m exactly the same usually (already guessing that 1.05 expy will drop on August 2nd). It does set us up for disappointment, though. As a community we don’t really do ourselves any favours, do we?

• Haha 1

It would great if The updates was today! I’m off this weekend so I could get some hours in from tomorrow morning ! 😂

9 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

No crap! Which is why I presented the scenario that I did. I want to make sure if I spend the time and build a base I don’t have to worry about some asshat spawning inside it.. 

Bases are still too easy to get into without needing to ghost. Base breach is easy with a hatchet. It should be harder. 

• Like 1

I still think that I would be happy with just having the ability to board a house up and lock the door without it unlocking upon server restart. This seems more survivorish to me. I imagine it would need to be balanced somehow otherwise half the houses in solnichy would be locked up! Maybe just certain buildings such as apartments. Just my thoughts anyway. 

• Like 1

@DayzDayzFanboy The status report said there was lots of balancing planned for base-building this year, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Right now it’s too easy, but I’ve played on servers with increased raiding times, and you have to hold down the left mouse button for 20+ minutes. Terrible gameplay, in my opinion.

I don’t really bother with bases anyway, I prefer the whole, nomadic life.

I like certain ideas I’ve heard, such as making it only possible to raid with an overly large tool (lol). Basically you shouldn’t be able to raid on the off chance you find a base, it should be something you plan. Right now, anyone can sling an axe on their back, and they’re ready to raid!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

I don’t really bother with bases anyway, I prefer the whole, nomadic life.

Ditto. Occasionally I have stashed a barrel in a river or buried a chest. I've rarely gone back to them. Only once when I was building a car. It was so much hassle stripping it down and burying the parts every night and it still got stolen! Now I just travel light with a stove and hunt animals. 

• Beans 1