xhardcorefishx

Groups/Squads underestimate Loners

Hey Folks,

most of my time i play DayZ is as a solo player aka Lone Wolf and since the very beginning of DayZ on Xbox i feel like an huge amount of other players underestimate players like me.

I don't use typically ARs ( one reason is duping ), but prefer sniper rifles, pistols, pdws, or the shotgun ( 00 buckshots are beastly ) and every group, or Squad i encountered so far ( since August 2018 ) usually end up getting killed by me, or at least most of them every time.

I might just be lucky in some way and don't think the others are just "bad" or whatever, but whenever i do PvP they seem confident etc in what they are doing.

As we all know, DayZ requirs many factors to be considered, but i would like to know your opinions as well on this topic and want to read your stories about it.

• Like 1

Im in my 40’s and have 14 yr old son whose playstation mad. Ive been playing games since I was a similar age to him back in the mod 90’s. I thought I was quite good. I played battlefront 2 recently and got an amazing 8 kills (or so I thought). I asked my son if he wanted a go. He said yes and on his first go from even seeing the game, chalked up 39 kills and ranked 6th place on the leaderboard. I tried not to show it but I was blown away.

The difference between old crustys like me and sharp eyed, young teens where the controller is just an extension of their arms is a world apart.

I tend to play games like city builders and Dayz that are slow paced and get deeply upset if I get shot. He plays all action first person shooters and doesn’t suffer game rage as hes used to it. He just starts up and goes again.

If you are like my son, then even with basic weapons you’ll blitz people on Dayz. Most guns are 1 or 2 shot kills. If the groups were made up of people like me, then its like walking into an old peoples home and challenging them all to an arm wrestle. However, if you meet a group made up of people like my son and his mates, then its likely to be  a different story

Watch some of the base raid videos on you tube. Some of these guys are spotting people in the distance i cant even see let alone hit with a sniper rifle

Edited by andysuter
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, andysuter said:

Im in my 40’s and have 14 yr old son

Ditto! I know the feeling. I used to let my son win at games. Now I can't beat him if I try. I like the pace of dayz too, I can take my time. I hate battle royale games that force you into an area. I do love battlefield and get my killing fix playing that. But I love dayz for watching from afar and for the player interactions. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ditto! I know the feeling. I used to let my son win at games. Now I can't beat him if I try. I like the pace of dayz too, I can take my time. I hate battle royale games that force you into an area. I do love battlefield and get my killing fix playing that. But I love dayz for watching from afar and for the player interactions. 

I'm 38 and my daughter is 6 and not quite into video games just yet but like @andysuter I've  been playing games since the old Atari tape load games right through to the Xbox One and I love this game. It keeps you on your toes but you can take your time and explore the map with little to no interaction with other players.

The two games where I have been able to hold my own and become a good player at was Battlefield 3 & 4 and I see some of the realism of that game in this one especially when playing as first person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tino81 said:

I'm 38 and my daughter is 6 and not quite into video games just yet but like @andysuter I've  been playing games since the old Atari tape load games right through to the Xbox One and I love this game. It keeps you on your toes but you can take your time and explore the map with little to no interaction with other players.

The two games where I have been able to hold my own and become a good player at was Battlefield 3 & 4 and I see some of the realism of that game in this one especially when playing as first person.

Still playing BF3&4👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Still playing BF3&4👍

Not played BF4 for a while now since DayZ came out, might have to jump back on this weekend and clear the rust off 😂

lol, I only play BF to improve my pvp skills for when I am on DayZ as my home server is an HC server, so the 1FPP is basically the same and I play mostly inland so not a lot of pvp but traveling, but when getting into a pvp situation, the BF skills kick in 🤣

• Like 1

I actually find playing DayZ buggers up my pvp skills. I need to play BF at least once a week to keep in trim! 

• Like 1

I love Battlefront 4! Only played it on PS4 though as I had bought BF1 and it gave me free access. Im now a PC and xbox player so may have to rebuy a lot of my fav games

For the OP though, I hope this is showing that if you play a lot of 1PP shooters where you generally run solo, then you are likely to be very good at this game. If you are a Dayz player like me that like to take their time, then you tend not to be so good when it comes to PVP, even if I was in a group.

Tino/DayzDayz, we sound like similar types of player. If you fancy joining myself and Aux7 on the barely infected village server, just add me on steam. (andysuter1972). We play very cautiously. Im a lot more gungho that Aux, who likes to sit back and observe for a while before going in. Im usually half way into the buildings by then

• Beans 1

3 minutes ago, andysuter said:

For the OP though, I hope this is showing that if you play a lot of 1PP shooters where you generally run solo, then you are likely to be very good at this game. If you are a Dayz player like me that like to take their time, then you tend not to be so good when it comes to PVP, even if I was in a group.

In a way yes, but I don't tend to just run into towns/barracks without actually scouting the place out first, most of the time I stand/crouch and watch other players go at it, however what I do in pvp is to get into cover, I always move where is something in front of my character and engage from there, so if I were moving in the woods, I would jog/run similarly to zigzag in a straight line but always have trees in front of my character in case I need to take cover 😀

• Like 1

@andysuter my GT for xbox is Squaremint50750, should be on tonight with another player I met after joining an over 30's dayz group on Facebook.