Sil3nt

Why does the XBOX Community always seem so toxic??

Depends on which aspect of the Xbox community you’re referring to.

They can differ greatly game to game. Try comparing the GTA/CoD community with the Kingdom Come or Path of Exile community. Vastly different.

Personally, I’ve found the DayZ and PUBG communities to be solid and quite mature for the most part. Factoring in ages can skew that of course.

Like attracts like.

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

Shit devs leads to a shit community.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

13 hours ago, Esmy said:

Shit devs leads to a shit community.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

I never said I was leaving, soooo.....

19 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Forums in general are mostly toxic. Dayz is by no means the worst. 

DayZ forum has been pretty NON-Toxic since it started.. some backbiting, some irony, plenty of wit, some anger, arguments, plenty of suggestions and debate, some good jokes.. I was playing for a year or so before I came here to check on something, then hung around for the forum.. was an interesting place to hang out..
Don't know if it is an xbox thing, or a generation shift, or a general change in internet users, the rise of populism,  or new user attitude (you tell me)  .. but this forum seems GENERALLY more toxic than it has ever been at ANY time in the past..

Also forum members seem to have shorter attention spans?
Different members start the SAME topic again under a new heading every week or ten days, instead of continuing the topic that already exists - this week's example is LENGTH OF DAY on XBOX... I could have SWORN ( I mean I BLOODY KNOW) - I read ALL that SAME STUFF  at least three times in three different topics this month.. I guess its easier to start a topic  (just to hear your own voice) than to check if anyone has already said anything - like, just shout your opinion and ignore what was said last week, don't JOIN an EXISTING debate..  so those topics never progress, natch.. there are plenty of them but folk don't seem to look or read. As if they often start just to sound off in headlines and exclamation marks, swap a couple of insults, and do it again tomorrow..  

Maybe it's just radiation sickness from drinking too much milk. 

The forum is definitely much more BORING since last year.

- lol 

IMO

(like as if anyone cares)

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

Let's see, the game has been out for how long now? We get updates every month or two and a we have to deal with all of the shit they break during those updates. Some of them are absolutely game-breaking. I for one paid money for a game that I enjoy thinking that I would see it progressively get better but all I've seen is it progressively get worse. It's hard not to be negative when you watch a game that you truly love turn into a game you can't stand.