Jake Blake

Unrealistic nighttime/Forced to go loud on a survival

Im not sure what it is like on xbox, but the night light that came with 1.02 on pc has completely changed my night time experience for the worse (yes i know this is an xbox comment channel, but your version should be tracking the pc version now)

(oh yes, expletives have been deleted and the writer is really apologetic)

On 5/5/2019 at 8:37 PM, Jake Blake said:

I'm going to try and break this down in a way that everybody can understand where I'm coming from.

NIGHTTIME:

Why is it that night time lasts almost as long as the day cycle? Also why can't I see anything except for this crazy blue light that my body is emitting within a 20 ft radius?

Before the latest update I thought the night time was perfect, able to still see within reason and definitely useful for evading enemies. Now it's like how nighttime used to be when it was only on a 10-minute cycle but they decided to throw in about an hour and a half of it, oh and now you have a blue light emitting from your body apparently. Guess we are all Radioactive... I'm sorry but there is Moonlight and starlight for a reason. Also the human eyes adjust to Darkness within reason. This is not within reason, this is ridiculous!

FORCED TO GO LOUD:

I don't quite understand the aspect of this game, it's a survival game yet it forces you and every action you do to be way louder then necessary. You telling me a suppressor gets ruined after 30 shots? I don't fuc'n think so! Also why are we forced to wear shoes when the audio from wearing shoes sounds like a goddamn tank rolling down a dirt road? This is unacceptable in my opinion. Give us some quieter shoe options if you're going to force us to wear shoes. Let's not even get into the audio output from eating a can of peaches LOL what am I chewing on, gravel over an intercom? And wow the reloading is SOO EFFING LOUD!! 

I love this game but what they are doing to it is really off-putting. Agree to disagree, the game is not getting better. I'll never again have high hopes for a new update. 

I've played this game from pretty much the beginning, and now.. I'm just heartbroken... 

100% Agree. 

On 5/14/2019 at 6:32 AM, bent.toe said:

100% Agree. 

Seems like a lot of people don't agree. I don't know how the nighttime issue isn't an issue for almost all of us.! There is a reason why everybody is leaving full servers when night time comes around, we can't see a damn thing that's why! Come on devs what are you doing to us?

Edited by Jake Blake

On 5/12/2019 at 5:33 AM, aux7 said:

Im not sure what it is like on xbox, but the night light that came with 1.02 on pc has completely changed my night time experience for the worse (yes i know this is an xbox comment channel, but your version should be tracking the pc version now)

(oh yes, expletives have been deleted and the writer is really apologetic)

Is the same and it's trash 

On 5/17/2019 at 3:32 AM, Jake Blake said:

Seems like a lot of people don't agree. I don't know how the nighttime issue isn't an issue for almost all of us.! There is a reason why everybody is leaving full servers when night time comes around, we can't see a damn thing that's why! Come on devs what are you doing to us?

The server I play on doesn't empty at night. A few lightweight players hop server but I guess the ones that stay have a torch with batteries maybe? 

• Beans 1

On 5/5/2019 at 8:37 PM, Jake Blake said:

And wow the reloading is SOO EFFING LOUD!! 

If you were an Ace Top-Sergeant Ranger and you had IRL super years-of-combat-tuned hearing -  you could hear someone reloading upstairs when you were on the stairs or downstairs (and you wouldn't be making local noises when you heard them).. in DayZ you just have headphones, nothing REALLY special about your " Special Forces years of experience aural survival skill ".. not even a tingle in the neck when you hear a twig gently break under a soft shoe 20 m away <damn!> .. or < so distinctive!! > a blackbird warning cry startled out of a thicket 30m across that clearing??   NOPE = just a pair of cheap headphones, one set of player-action-sounds, and some background random scatter ambiance effects - same for everyone  .. Now HOW is an Ace DayZ Survivor going to make Life-And-Death SENSE of that audio environment? 

WELL .. the audio is fixed that you CAN hear someone reloading upstairs when you are on the stairs or downstairs.. take a mate and check HOW FAR AWAY you can hear each other eating, or running (or walking in stealth mode .. what us DayZ plebs call "crouch") ...
Also notice that EVERYTHING you do sounds LOUD in 1PP because its CLOSE to your EARS.. put yourself in 3PP and everything sounds strangely further away (because your viewpoint is Further Away!) .. 

Put yourself 10 meters or 11 yards away from another player and check how loud or how noticeable each other's actions sound.  IF you can hear each other's actions. Would you hear them if you were running by (making your own noise)? Do you hear them when you are stealthing or crawling?
Seriously, try it out with a friend..

When you are silent, what distance in DayZ can YOU hear someone else reloading on flat open ground ?

Edited by pilgrim*

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

When you are silent, what distance in DayZ can YOU hear someone else reloading on flat open ground ?

It certainly does sound loud when you hear your own actions. I often wondered about this but recently I was on the rocks overlooking a city up north (I forget its name) watching some guys having a battle down below. Then I heard a noise behind and it was a guy about ten meters above me. I died of course, but to me the audio seemed about right. It didn't sound loud like you're own footsteps but loud enough to pick out above the ambience. It's really hard to move through undergrowth and rocks silently. I think the audio levels for movement seem OK to me. The only audio I would question is the eating. Now, if I'm eating, it's probably about right. Apparently I'm a loud eater. But the crunching on beans seems pretty loud. I could hear a guy eating in the police station while I was in a house over the road. That said though, it doesn't really bother me. I accept it as part of the game and like any game, it had its own audio and visuals cues that wouldn't necessarily happen irl but are necessary as part of a games mechanics. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

the crunching on beans seems pretty loud

you don't crunch your beanz ? - wow
it's the only way to get total nourishment from food
I eat mine the exact same way as I eat raw steaks
I don't ever use a spoon

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Haha 1

I'm just sayin that a man can handle the night. its suppose to be realistic.

If It really was the z apocalypse. It would be dark at night. 

And yes its scary. there's worst thing than going lowed.